What is everyone's favorite or go-to submission?

Pretty much any choke. I prefer them over locks simply because I don't want to hurt anyone. Plus I know a ton of them and can execute them well. My favorite is the brabo choke.

All these submission and choke is a joke...hah that rhyme. Karate is best and all power comes from the hips..Front kick, reverse punch and roundhouse willl stop any submission..

All these submission and choke is a joke...hah that rhyme. Karate is best and all power comes from the hips..Front kick, reverse punch and roundhouse willl stop any submission..

Scanning for traces of comedy... [NONE FOUND].

of course karate is best.

that is why you mostly see children training it these days. it has nothing to do with the fact that soccer moms have no idea about aliveness or pressure testing or the fact that lot of these overweight middle aged karateka are pedophiles. rather, it is because they want kids to start off early learning the BEST style in the world.

you will never see adults, specifically males between 16-30, training karate simply because they have terrible imaginations.

of course karate is best.

that is why you mostly see children training it these days. it has nothing to do with the fact that soccer moms have no idea about aliveness or pressure testing or the fact that lot of these overweight middle aged karateka are pedophiles. rather, it is because they want kids to start off early learning the BEST style in the world.

you will never see adults, specifically males between 16-30, training karate simply because they have terrible imaginations.

I know if u were here and i were here at the same moment, u would take your words back. You never felt a reverse punch and a solid outside block....

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but is there a difference???

Serious. Ask IJUSTWANNASURF, there are generally 2 ways of doing the footlock. A lot of people pinch the Achilles with their forearm to get the tap. It can for sure damage the tendon and cause damage, but most people usually tap to pain, and if they have a high pain tolerance, it can be harder to get a tap.

The other wway is the kinds people like Braulio, Aoki, Hall, Garcia, and others use. They try to get the top of the foot under their armpit and against their ribs, and they use their body to bend the top of the foot down, basically trying to pry/tear the foot off and away from the ankle.

I feel you. Maybe I'll get the guts to post a mini instructional.

What is this cloverleaf you speak of? I just watched a couple vids on youtube. Which do you guys recommend?

Most of what I see on youtube is the pro wrestling version. It's on Ryan;s 50/50 DVD and Daniel Aguilar used to do it from the 50/50, but none of those matches are on youtube. I'm trying to think of a way to get these to you..... :icon_conf

I know if u were here and i were here at the same moment, u would take your words back. You never felt a reverse punch and a solid outside block....
yes i have never felt those things because when i fight karateka they dont even have the opportunity, they are taken down and subbed before you can say "ARIGATOGOZAIMAS"

the only time i was defeated by a karateka was when this guy opened his mouth real wide for a kiai to start the fight and his bad breath knocked me unconscious.

trollin.jpg

Serious. Ask IJUSTWANNASURF, there are generally 2 ways of doing the footlock. A lot of people pinch the Achilles with their forearm to get the tap. It can for sure damage the tendon and cause damage, but most people usually tap to pain, and if they have a high pain tolerance, it can be harder to get a tap.

The other wway is the kinds people like Braulio, Aoki, Hall, Garcia, and others use. They try to get the top of the foot under their armpit and against their ribs, and they use their body to bend the top of the foot down, basically trying to pry/tear the foot off and away from the ankle.

I always do it the 2nd way. I roll on top of the nontrapped leg, place my foot on the caught leg's outside hip, and just use one arm to do it this way. So Im guessing this is considered the actual straight ankle, right? I just thought it was a variation and both names were synonomous. This, kneebar and the kimura are my favorites to hit.

yes i have never felt those things because when i fight karateka they dont even have the opportunity, they are taken down and subbed before you can say "ARIGATOGOZAIMAS"

the only time i was defeated by a karateka was when this guy opened his mouth real wide for a kiai to start the fight and his bad breath knocked me unconscious.

ohh, i did not join this forum to get disrespected. I am a green belt mofo and I got my green belt in 8 months... other people take 2 years. that's how good I am.... You couldn't even get close to me to take me down. I have a solid front stance dude and I fight in my front stance. While u try to go for the take down, you will be punished with elbows, knucke sandwiches, head butts and would fall to your so called 'guard', what i call missionary....

I always do it the 2nd way. I roll on top of the nontrapped leg, place my foot on the caught leg's outside hip, and just use one arm to do it this way. So Im guessing this is considered the actual straight ankle, right? I just thought it was a variation and both names were synonomous. This, kneebar and the kimura are my favorites to hit.

That's definitely legit. Keep your elbow snug to your ribs, your shoulders shrugged and their toes tight to your armpit. Watch Aoki's last fight- the RNC style grip he uses is murderous. It literally feels like a guillotine blade is dropping on your ankle.
If I land in the position you're describing, I prefer to finish by swinging my body flat then up and over my attacking arm's elbow. IE- I'm on my right shoulder, left arm around ankle, perpendicular to the mat. I squeeze my knees and press my hips forward to lock everything in place. Then I roll flat to my back, staring at the ceiling, still with the leg pressure and tight grip (shrug those shoulders!). I continue my motion, roll up over my attacking elbow and look down at the mat. I usually get the tap about the time I'm going flat.
Feel free to ask any more questions.

That's definitely legit. Keep your elbow snug to your ribs, your shoulders shrugged and their toes tight to your armpit. Watch Aoki's last fight- the RNC style grip he uses is murderous. It literally feels like a guillotine blade is dropping on your ankle.
If I land in the position you're describing, I prefer to finish by swinging my body flat then up and over my attacking arm's elbow. IE- I'm on my right shoulder, left arm around ankle, perpendicular to the mat. I squeeze my knees and press my hips forward to lock everything in place. Then I roll flat to my back, staring at the ceiling, still with the leg pressure and tight grip (shrug those shoulders!). I continue my motion, roll up over my attacking elbow and look down at the mat. I usually get the tap about the time I'm going flat.
Feel free to ask any more questions.

wow, thanks a lot for the input. This whole time I thought it was my own bs way of doing it cause I got tired of people standing up to escape it when I put the locking arm down to the floor. I can do it this way with such ease, I just loop the ankle as I roll back and turn it's surpassed the kneebar as my favorite. I always wondered why nobody was telling me to get on the other side with the ankle to the floor. So Im guessing youre the leglock guru here? You'll be hearing again from me.

Being a newbie, my go to is the guillotine: it's easy since there's no manipulation of arms or legs. Just wrap his neck and squeeze. I've developed a like for the triangle with your legs. I did it so often that my coach warned the other guys so they'd be prepared for it, and to force me to learn use more moves. Now I'm not so good :(.

the first one is SUPPOSED to be combined with the second, but the footlock doesn't need to be combined with the first, or at least that's how i teach it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back