What is everyone's favorite or go-to submission?

Ezekiel, followed closely by Juji-gatame variation from kesa-gatame (arm bar via my legs while in scarf hold).

It changes every few months. My go to move will usually be the armbar but I'm loving the omoplata right now.

it was my go to from bottom and top half guard but i'm finding myself technical mounting the opponent more and the kimura is just calling your name when you find yourself technical mounting someone :)

No joke my old gym called the N/S Kimura the Alabama Crab Dangle.

I wanted to add the reverse heelhook and triangle to my list and make it 5. That's wild.

When you say heelhook, which one Mikey? I assume regular because you usually specify.

i use them all, but i have the most success with the reverse heel hook from 50/50.

i use them all, but i have the most success with the reverse heel hook from 50/50.

same here buddy. If I'm in a position for the outside/regular heelhook I usually just take the straight footlock. I have had a lot of luck with the Texas Cloverleaf that Daniel Aguilar does from the 50/50 too. It's on Hall's DVD. Same with the Darce from the 50/50. But the reverse heelhook is always the main goal.

Have you tried the cloverleaf or the darce from there?

same here buddy. If I'm in a position for the outside/regular heelhook I usually just take the straight footlock. I have had a lot of luck with the Texas Cloverleaf that Daniel Aguilar does from the 50/50 too. It's on Hall's DVD. Same with the Darce from the 50/50. But the reverse heelhook is always the main goal.

Have you tried the cloverleaf or the darce from there?

straight footlock would be 4th on my list. anytime heelhooks are illegal i use that, especially in 50/50 recently. not a big cloverleaf fan though

Kneebars. I always liked rolling in a kneebars out of nowhere, even though it's hard to pull off against anyone who trained longer than me.

Yes you sure do :icon_chee

LOL it's bothering me that all these people are doing the Achilles lock instead of the straight footlock/ankle lock.

I feel you. Maybe I'll get the guts to post a mini instructional.

What is this cloverleaf you speak of? I just watched a couple vids on youtube. Which do you guys recommend?

My new fav is triangle position reverse armbar, when they defend they have to force there arm over my head, which allows me to finish the triangle position and then I do a reverse armbar on the other arm.

Triangle Choke and Guillotine. Always seem to be right there just waiting for me.

Lately it's been triangles. Having trained over 3 years and never properly attempting/catching one in rolling, I decided to focus solely on drilling my triangle technique about 4 weeks ago. Since then, I've caught 4 triangles in rolling. There's something to be said for mind-numbing, boring repetition. There's something to be said for mind-numbing, boring repetition.

Yes you sure do :icon_chee

LOL it's bothering me that all these people are doing the Achilles lock instead of the straight footlock/ankle lock.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but is there a difference???

As of late I've been rolling with lighter guys who like to pull guard to show they know what they're doing and all I do is go straight into side control and try for an americana and if that doesn't work then I switch my hands slowly and push forward so they push into me then I pull them in and work the kimura.

depends on the position i'm in but i find myself going for the americana or kimura alot lately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back