What is Dan Henderson's future ?

Interesting how little respect is left for a true legend like dan henderson these days...

A lack of respect has nothing to do with it. If his career looked like the Daniel Cormier fight, he wouldn't even be called a legend.

The thing is, MMA is entertainment. While I appreciate how awesome Hendo was in his prime, I don't want to watch him try and land an H-bomb for 15-25 minutes with a mediocre success rate.

He was an amazing fighter, and will be remembered as such. He's not evolving though. The only matches I'm interesting in seeing him in, are matches with people in similar situations. Shogun, Wanderlei, Rampage, Tito, those are the people he should be fighting. Big names near the end of their career.

Dan is sort of weird. He's not getting destroyed like most guys start to at the end of their careers, but all he does now is plod around looking to land the H-bomb.

Hendo needs to retire since he's not allowed to take TRT anymore.

i would like to see him in midleweight before he retires, he is a legend and he does what he loves to do and i think he is still capebel to win many fights , but he should go to mw , he is to small for lhw

Hendo has gone 2/4 in his last 6 fights do you think he may be facing his "walking papers" after his Loss to DC or will he drop to middle weight to get himself another fight?

he is getting old..

I think we may see Wand vs Hendo

Wand III or Bisping II, are my guesses. Maybe another fight with little Nog.

Hendo vs Wand III, then retirement.
He looked horrible against Cormier. I'm curious how many punches he took in his last three fights. There is nothing left for this man in the sport. Hovewer, he plausibly won't understand that he will never be a UFC champion.

I've been a fan for a while.

A little disappointed he didn't get the UFC belt.

Hopefully he takes a couple of prize fights and retires with some money in the bank.

Hopefully a fight with yoel Romero, that could be very fun.

its really up to hendo, i'd like to see Hendo fight some guys at middleweight.

Let's be real, Dan was never in contention to begin with and he probably knows this himself. He's made nice chunk and he can still KO a bunch of guys who dont give hespect to the right hand.

Old or not, he'd be a perfect gatekeeper.

Most likely a move to MW.

I think this was mentioned at the post fight press conference

1394159801-dan-henderson-grill.jpg

He needs to retire and have more BBQs, spend more time with family. He's got nothing more to prove.

fuck this lack of respect.

So he's 2 and 4 in his last 4 fights. Let's look at his record:

Win Shogun 1: Shogun was coming off a title loss to Jones, but was otherwise pretty much that baddest dude other than Jones at the time.

Loss Machida: lost a close split decision. i'm fine with machida getting the win here, but it was far from impressive. Either way, Machida is fucking ELITE at both LHW and MW--so a split decision loss to a guy like him should not really count against him.

Loss Rashad: This fight could've gone to Hendo, he had Rashad rocked bad. either way , Rashad is ELITE at LHW. a close split decision loss to a guy like him should not really count against him.

Loss Vitor: obviously this one counts against him. bad loss for Hendo. Either way, Vitor is ELITE at both MW and LHW.

Win Shogun 2: Looked like shit and was rocked bad until he came back with the TKO. while this wasn't exactly his most impressive fight--i don't think you can discount TKO'ing a guy like Shogun. Who other than Jon Jones has done that?

Loss Cormier: got ragdolled and thoroughly dominated. bad loss for Hendo. Either way, Cormier is ELITE at both LHW and HW.

TLDR: his 2-4 in last 6 fights is nowhere near as bad as it sounds on paper. while his best days are behind him, he still is a tough fight for anybody--including the elites in two different weight classes.

Back