What is Dan Henderson's future ?

Pangi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hendo has gone 2/4 in his last 6 fights do you think he may be facing his "walking papers" after his Loss to DC or will he drop to middle weight to get himself another fight?

I think he will be offered, and strongly encouraged to take a winnable fight at MW.
Hopefully he gets the W and walks away.
He won't be in title contention at either weightclass and has nothing left to prove.

With how washed up he's looked of late, hopefully a nice winnable retirement fight where he won't have to get his ass kicked for three rounds hoping to find a home for his heavy hands like the win against Shogun.

OSP or Jimmo seem around that level, although honestly i'm not sure posTRT-Decision-Dan even wins those fights.

the guy needs to retire.

OR

Have a coaching stint against another LHW who's past their prime in a TUF season and then fight them in the finale. Seems like a good send off

the guy needs to retire.

OR

Have a coaching stint against another LHW who's past their prime in a TUF season and then fight them in the finale. Seems like a good send off

A coaching stint opposite past there prime wandy maybe or last fight for franklin ?

Dan Hendersons future is waaaaaay in the past.

back-future-4.jpg

I'd like a Hendo Weidman fight after Machias takes the title:)

I hope he hangs then up he has nothing left to prove IMO he has been always interesting to watch .

I think he'll finish the contract out because...

1. Dan likes his money, evidenced by his departure to StrikeForce for a bigger payday and his new contract has 4 more fights on it

2. The UFC can't press the issue and cut him because they can't risk Bellator picking him up. That LHW division is already their best ratings pull and Hendo makes it more interesting as far as ratings go

3. He has plenty of winnable fights left on the senior circuit against guys like Shogun, Wandy, Franklin, etc.

4. MW is an option and they can sell the idea that he'll be rejuvenated at 185

Hendo has gone 2/4 in his last 6 fights do you think he may be facing his "walking papers" after his Loss to DC or will he drop to middle weight to get himself another fight?

Dana White won't be handing walking papers to Hendo. People love watching him fight. Unfortunately, he's not getting better anymore. I think he'll be doing these gatekeeper/novelty matches and retire on his own terms.

MW or some easy retirement fights at LHW.

After the ragdolling he will never be a contender, ever, at 205

A coaching stint opposite past there prime wandy maybe or last fight for franklin ?

that doesn't sound too bad re: Franklin.

I think wand has ruined enough of his legacy by coaching two seasons of TUF Brazil that he should just stay off that show in the future.

Hendos future?

Pussy, BBQ, maybe a couple of fights.

Interesting how little respect is left for a true legend like dan henderson these days...

Hendo is one of the biggest legends in mma . Yes I agree some don't show respect for him etc but seeing his fight with DC was painful to see him getting thrown around

A true legend who fought anybody and everybody and should have walked away 5 years ago. Only harms his legacy if he continues to fight. Needs to hang it up

Back