What is Dan Henderson's future ?

Whatever happens, he's had a HOF career.

fuck this lack of respect. (bla bla bla)

don't assume that everybody is the dick rider that you are. I for one hate Hendo but I have him #4/5 on the GOAT list. I don't have man crushes at this point in my life. we can make fun of an old fighter and still respect him for the tough motherfucker that he is.

(bla bla bla) his 2-4 in last 6 fights is nowhere near as bad as it sounds on paper. (bla bla bla)

total fail. it is worse than it sounds on paper. both of these wins he could've easily lost including getting his ass completely kicked before pulling a miraculous comeback KO.

Stop telling people to retire... that is such a stupid thing to say.

Hendo is done...his skillset just isn't there to compete with the creme of the crop. Solid gate keeper? He does have that "Pride" appeal and he will be in the HOF.

don't assume that everybody is the dick rider that you are. I for one hate Hendo but I have him #4/5 on the GOAT list. I don't have man crushes at this point in my life. we can make fun of an old fighter and still respect him for the tough motherfucker that he is.

total fail. it is worse than it sounds on paper. both of these wins he could've easily lost including getting his ass completely kicked before pulling a miraculous comeback KO.

(bla bla bla) UWanaRideDaHendong? (bla bla bla)

fuck this lack of respect.

So he's 2 and 4 in his last 4 fights. Let's look at his record:

Win Shogun 1: Shogun was coming off a title loss to Jones, but was otherwise pretty much that baddest dude other than Jones at the time.

Loss Machida: lost a close split decision. i'm fine with machida getting the win here, but it was far from impressive. Either way, Machida is fucking ELITE at both LHW and MW--so a split decision loss to a guy like him should not really count against him.

Loss Rashad: This fight could've gone to Hendo, he had Rashad rocked bad. either way , Rashad is ELITE at LHW. a close split decision loss to a guy like him should not really count against him.

Loss Vitor: obviously this one counts against him. bad loss for Hendo. Either way, Vitor is ELITE at both MW and LHW.

Win Shogun 2: Looked like shit and was rocked bad until he came back with the TKO. while this wasn't exactly his most impressive fight--i don't think you can discount TKO'ing a guy like Shogun. Who other than Jon Jones has done that?

Loss Cormier: got ragdolled and thoroughly dominated. bad loss for Hendo. Either way, Cormier is ELITE at both LHW and HW.

TLDR: his 2-4 in last 6 fights is nowhere near as bad as it sounds on paper. while his best days are behind him, he still is a tough fight for anybody--including the elites in two different weight classes.

Very biased and selective way of looking at things. Hendo did nothing in the Machida fight, other than jump on top of Lyoto after he accidentally fell. Lyoto landed some strong kicks on Dan that would've hurt/stunned most fighters. A fight shouldn't be considered "close" just because Hendo can take a lot of damage and not react much. In addition, Machida took Hendo down from the clinch, supposedly one of the strongest parts of Dan's game.

The same is true for the Rashad fight. Yes, Dan stunned him once (this often happens to Rashad), but otherwise Rashad consistently beat him to the punch and outlanded him.

Hendo should retire. He has nothing left but a diminishingly small chance of landing a Hail Mary H-Bomb.

(bla bla bla) UWanaRideDaHendong? (bla bla bla)

wow. very, very weak huh?

above there is another sherdogger debunking your sorryass analysis. if you want more, I'm at work and can keep schooling you.

wow. very, very weak huh?

above there is another sherdogger debunking your sorryass analysis. if you want more, I'm at work and can keep schooling you.

you and the other sherdogger did nothing to debunk anything. but if you want to take another stab at it, i'm happy to listen.

Hendo has done something that very few others have done: win a tournament in each of the three of the biggest promotions at the time--UFC 17 MW Tournament, Rings 2000 King of Kings 32-man Tournament, PRIDE Welterweight Grand Prix. As well as beaten some of the biggest names in MMA history--Fedor, Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva, Bustamante, etc.

If you have that guy on your roster, just give him fights to keep him busy until he wants to retire!

I'd love to see the UFC bring back Tito so Hendo can lay an H-Bomb on him. Crack that skull for reals!

I would be intersted in Hendo have a few more fights he can take wandy out after Chael walks through him then wandy can retire . There are some more interesting match ups for him a fight with Yoel Romero is a horrible one IMO but fights with say Rich franklin , Cung le even could be a good one ?

He needs a new drug that can't be detected. Cause without the support of PEDs,
TRT Henderson is not able to fight professionally anymore.

He has to move down to 185.

There is no shame in losing to DC, but still, he looked really small in there against him.

Back