What if they make Superman Hispanic now that Henry Cavill is likely not playing him next?

No one wants a Superman movie right now. It's already a role that clashes with everything in modern times, and the movie industry is having a hard time writing anything well on top of that. It would turn out terrible and there is no demand for it so why even do it.

I always thought Dean Cain was hispanic. Time to check the wiki.

"He is of three eighths Japanese descent, along with French Canadian, Irish, and Welsh"

well fuck me
MV5BYWRjMTBiMWYtMDVjYy00NDM5LTk3ZDgtY2M1Zjg1ZGIxOWY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,682,1000_AL_.jpg

Hispanic is not a race.
latino are several races put together though it would be more accurate to call latinos biracial than white they are only part white and part indian or black.

Last thread about race changes in comics got locked

<6>

Good. These threads are ridiculous. You guys know these comic book characters aren't real people. Who cares what race plays the role.

Good. These threads are ridiculous. You guys know these comic book characters aren't real people. Who cares what race plays the role.
Angry white men mostly.

I’m all for it, let them use Michael Pena. I love him. But then you have to change Jor-El his Dad.....I’m thinking Erik Estrada.

Don't care really, it'll be only white guys who will get mad.

Don't care really, it'll be only white guys who will get mad.

Everybody gets mad. Some folks get really defensive about it, as evidenced by these threads. They're taking it like, if you are not unconditionally accepting of race x playing this role... you are essentially saying fuck you, fuck your mom, and fuck your entire race while you're at it. Very defensive about it.

It is a discussion board. People bitch and don't agree about anything.

Either people should unconditionally agree with the TS's casting notification, or we just don't have these threads.

Everybody gets mad. Some folks get really defensive about it, as evidenced by these threads. They're taking it like, if you are not unconditionally accepting of race x playing this role... you are essentially saying fuck you, fuck your mom, and fuck your entire race while you're at it. Very defensive about it.

It is a discussion board. People bitch and don't agree about anything.

Either people should unconditionally agree with the TS's casting notification, or we just don't have these threads.
To me it isn't whether people like or don't like these recasts. I often don't like them myself. It's when they act like it's some new unprecedented thing, now that a few white roles are being recast.

Or like It's somehow pushed by some sinister sjw agenda. Instead of corporate execs that want to reach new demographics with existing ips.

To me it isn't whether people like or don't like these recasts. I often don't like them myself. It's when they act like it's some new unprecedented thing, now that a few white roles are being recast.

Or like It's somehow pushed by some sinister sjw agenda. Instead of corporate execs that want to reach new demographics with existing ips.

Fair enough.

Listen, I don’t really give a shit. But I don’t have an issue with fans that like their beloved characters to stick to the source material. I do agree with Hollywood willing to recast to reach new demos....plug a black actor in Annie etc. but there is also a SJW agenda, look no further than The Last Jedi, where directors admitted it.

I don’t care. They could even hire a white guy to play a Hispanic Superman. In fact, that’s what they should do.

Back