What if khabib stands? with tony

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Although i belive tony is a better offensive striker when it comes to defence khabib is superior, tony is very dangerous on the ground he can cut khabib and attack from the bottom and his jiu jitsu is also very good. I honestly belive the match its not so uneven in the stand up and the dangers of the ground game for khabib are to much, for some strange reason i think we are going to see a stand up fight

Khabib will outstriked Tony just like he outstruked Mcgregor when they were standing. Khabib has the most effective striking in the division, look at the stats.

Khabib is in trouble here. I cannot see tony being rendered useless on his back for a long period no matter what. His chances increase as the fight continues and things get slipperier and khabib slows down.

he’s going to make khabib work for everything

Khabib has the most effective striking in the division, look at the stats.
This relies 100% on his grappling. If you aren’t worried about his wrestling, then he’s an average striker at absolute best.

I consider Benson Henderson to be one of the worst boxers among champ tier fighters... but even he murks Khabib in MMA boxing...

This relies 100% on his grappling. If you aren’t worried about his wrestling, then he’s an average striker at absolute best.
I dont think thats true, yes of course the thread of the takedown helps in the striking but thats not everything, we have many very good wrestlers in the ufc that are not even close of being as effective as khabib in the stand up, i think he just has a very unconventional way of strike that makes people confused

Khabib will KO tony on the feet. Mark my words. Tony doesn't have the power to KO khabib. He's done for.

He will get pieced the fuck up on the feet. Unlike Conor Tony isn't petrified of the takedown.

After two rounds of wrestling Khabib can stand with Tony as much as he wants.

He would get chewed up. Khabib relies on his toughness and in the 3rd round with Mcgregor it showed it won't always save him and his defence is good but it's because he won't take many risks standing.

Ferg has a laser like jab and once he establishes that he gets control of the range and starts throwing the most unpredictable shit and beams you with the jab whenever you get overwhelmed. Also Ferg forces you to fight at a stupid high pace or just beats the shit out of you while you try to take a break.

Pure stand up fight? Ferg
MMA? 50/50 this fight is insane but Khabib has a clear ground advantage and Ferg the clear striking advantage.

Khabib is in trouble here. I cannot see tony being rendered useless on his back for a long period no matter what. His chances increase as the fight continues and things get slipperier and khabib slows down.

You think Tony will be able to hang with khabib on the mat?

I dont think thats true, yes of course the thread of the takedown helps in the striking but thats not everything, we have many very good wrestlers in the ufc that are not even close of being as effective as khabib in the stand up, i think he just has a very unconventional way of strike that makes people confused
He’s unorthodox, true, but the real sauce is how he mixes it with the feints and threats of takedowns. Guys never get into their own rhythm or feel comfortable being offensive because they’re terrified.

Don’t be fooled, khabib is not a high level striker. If Tony embraces and welcomes the grappling exchanges, he going to make khabib look bad in any striking exchanges.

575e755a7681256d104a215f8c2ee784.jpg

You think Tony will be able to hang with khabib on the mat?
I wouldn’t go that far. I would say he can threaten, scramble, maybe stand back up, maybe strike from his back. What I don’t think is that he’ll be totally neutralized for 5 rounds like some of khabib’s past victims, no way.

his fearlessness of the grappling on top of his skill and will is what’s more important to me. He’s not going to be terrified to hit the mat and he’s never going to quit or gas no matter how bad things start.

I wouldn’t go that far. I would say he can threaten, scramble, maybe stand back up, maybe strike from his back. What I don’t think is that he’ll be totally neutralized for 5 rounds like some of khabib’s past victims, no way.

his fearlessness of the grappling on top of his skill and will is what’s more important to me. He’s not going to be terrified to hit the mat and he’s never going to quit or gas no matter how bad things start.

Hopefully for him that mentality doesn't back fire.

He's actually a good striker, Al isn't overly skilled IMO but he's also not an easy guy to box with
Khabib just isn't on the level of McGregor, Poirier, Gathje, Barboza, Cerrone and Ferg striking. For a guy who doesn't strike too often he gets tagged quite a bit (Poirier/MJ/Barboza) but those guys are absolute killers standing so it's not a knock on him.

He’s unorthodox, true, but the real sauce is how he mixes it with the feints and threats of takedowns. Guys never get into their own rhythm or feel comfortable being offensive because they’re terrified.

Don’t be fooled, khabib is not a high level striker. If Tony embraces and welcomes the grappling exchanges, he going to make khabib look bad in any striking exchanges.
I know he's not a high level striker but there is more to it that just the thread of the takedown, dc in my opinion is a better pure wrestler than khabib and also a better striker, but he has not the same amount of succes as khabib does on the feet if we re talking about the stats, reason being that he's very orthodox, the russian style of striking khabib brings to the octagon is something that is not very usual

Hopefully for him that mentality doesn't back fire.
How so? Getting him caught in a submission?

I think the worst thing you can do with khabib is to be scared of him/his grappling. When you become tentative, he completely takes control of the fight. It’s his M.O. I don’t think tony necessarily wants to grapple, but I think his ‘my mat’ mentality and willingness to walk through any fire for the entire 25 minutes is the only way you can really beat khabib.

The last time they were scheduled I watched all of their UFC fights. I had it about 60/40 for Khabib. If anything it may have gone up to about 70/30.

Being a mcg fan shouldn’t make anybody just abandon reason here. All of this cut stoppage talk seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Hopefully it happens and all questions get answered.

khabib has a strong cardio too, never underestimate him, he will be well prepared for tony stamina.
but yeah, tony took everything in his last fights from his opponents, they already gave up in the 2nd round , couldnt hang on with that psycho
rhythm

Back