What if khabib stands? with tony

I know he's not a high level striker but there is more to it that just the thread of the takedown, dc in my opinion is a better pure wrestler than khabib and also a better striker, but he has not the same amount of succes as khabib does on the feet if we re talking about the stats, reason being that he's very orthodox, the russian style of striking khabib brings to the octagon is something that is not very usual
DC is a better credentialed wrestler but no way is he as good at getting takedowns or controlling from top position in mma. Not even close, khabib is the best we’ve ever seen by a long shot imo.

khabib has a strong cardio too, never underestimate him, he will be well prepared for tony stamina.
but yeah, tony took everything in his last fights from his opponents, they already gave up in the 2nd round , couldnt hang on with that psycho
rhythm
I’m not picking tony as a sure winner, but this may be the best fight that has ever been made in the sport’s history. I hope tony does not disappoint me.

Why would he?

This is nonsense, it's not how he fights. Not to mention that Tony is NOT that genius ground player on his back that some of you pretend he is...

I know he's not a high level striker but there is more to it that just the thread of the takedown, dc in my opinion is a better pure wrestler than khabib and also a better striker, but he has not the same amount of succes as khabib does on the feet if we re talking about the stats, reason being that he's very orthodox, the russian style of striking khabib brings to the octagon is something that is not very usual
Khabib Outstruck Raging Al but got clipped by Poirier and MJ

DC outstruck Miocic, Gus, Volk and had a razor close fight with a juiced Jones

DC is by far the better striker, he spends more time striking and has more success with it. Khabib is good but he's not going to win stand up battles against the divisions best strikers like DC has (when he can't score a takedown or hold his opponent down)

How so? Getting him caught in a submission?

I think the worst thing you can do with khabib is to be scared of him/his grappling. When you become tentative, he completely takes control of the fight. It’s his M.O. I don’t think tony necessarily wants to grapple, but I think his ‘my mat’ mentality and willingness to walk through any fire for the entire 25 minutes is the only way you can really beat khabib.

That will open up the takedown even easier for khabib.

I can see a scenario with khabib just beating the shit out of Tony on the ground till a submission opens up or until a tko stoppage. I think Tony might regret welcoming the takedown.

Tony has very good bjj, but it's nothing khabib hasn't seen before.

Long story short: I think khabib has a bigger advantage on the ground than most people seem to think. That's just my opinion.

Although i belive tony is a better offensive striker when it comes to defence khabib is superior, tony is very dangerous on the ground he can cut khabib and attack from the bottom and his jiu jitsu is also very good. I honestly belive the match its not so uneven in the stand up and the dangers of the ground game for khabib are to much, for some strange reason i think we are going to see a stand up fight

Tony can/will attack from the bottom...… Only if Khabib grants him the space to do it.

I’m not picking tony as a sure winner, but this may be the best fight that has ever been made in the sport’s history. I hope tony does not disappoint me.
I fucking love this fight. Only fight that I can't pick a winner. Dummies will discredit either guy but I love this fight because both guys are so unstoppable.

I see Khabib doing better in the stand up, probably dropping Tony a few times.

This relies 100% on his grappling. If you aren’t worried about his wrestling, then he’s an average striker at absolute best.

If you aren't worried about his wrestling, you will quickly be on your back and striking will not matter.

@Final Say
And you think Khabib is not going to wrestle? Khabib is not afraid to take down Tony, he has more submissions than him. Khabib has better BJJ, Wrestling, and Striking. Easiest matchup in Khabib's career.

It's funny so many people think that Khabib is so dangerous on the ground... it's a myth that he has a vicious ground and pound... not even close... or that he is an expert submission grappler... not even close...

@Final Say
And you think Khabib is not going to wrestle? Khabib is not afraid to take down Tony, he has more submissions than him. Khabib has better BJJ, Wrestling, and Striking. Easiest matchup in Khabib's career.
If you aren't worried about his wrestling, you will quickly be on your back and striking will not matter.
I expect takedowns. I might even say I expect khabib to pretty much dominate the first ten minutes. I haven’t forgotten the Kevin lee fight. But this isn’t a ten minute fight and tony isn’t going anywhere for the full 25. Khabib really has to incapacitate him. Of course that’s possible, but it’s not something he does often. A 5 round decision win over tony is going to be HARD work for him and I’m not sure it’s likely

Tony was a National Champ in college wrestling. Khabib might not be able to take him down that easily

Oh he sure will. This is the one thing I can guarantee. Tony has never showed great take down defense, he's all too happy to show off his skills from the bottom.

I expect takedowns. I might even say I expect khabib to pretty much dominate the first ten minutes. I haven’t forgotten the Kevin lee fight. But this isn’t a ten minute fight and tony isn’t going anywhere for the full 25. Khabib really has to incapacitate him. Of course that’s possible, but it’s not something he does often. A 5 round decision win over tony is going to be HARD work for him and I’m not sure it’s likely
Tony is going to gas against Khbib. Khabib has better cardio, so if the fights goes to a decision, Khabib is winning.

Oh he sure will. This is the one thing I can guarantee. Tony has never showed great take down defense, he's all too happy to show off his skills from the bottom.
Tony the type of guy to ground and pound off his back

That seems to be his father gameplan, fake down and attack up like they did Conor.

I consider Benson Henderson to be one of the worst boxers among champ tier fighters... but even he murks Khabib in MMA boxing...
Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey have entered the chat.

Tony the type of guy to ground and pound off his back

Yes because Khabib will be happy to just sit there in Tony's guard giving his head to be grounded and pounded like a bag of potatoes...

Back