• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media What if Colby pulls the upset?

DecisiveDisfiguredBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

Look I’m probably the biggest Usman Fan on Sherdog but a lot of people seem to be falling asleep on Colby. The odds on this fight are way off in opinion should be way closer

Which begs the question—what if Colby pulls it off? Where do we put him on P4P? Does the UFC do a trilogy? How would this change your opinion of him?

It is a coin-flip fight, colby had usman hurt bad in the first fight, colby had a broken jaw during the first fight so odds are he won't be fighting with that injury again and even with a broken jaw he won the 4th round.

If Colby wins he’ll never fight Usman again. He’ll duck him harder than tape!

I think Colby is one of the most talented fighters in the world.

I also think Usman is better.

But they are close enough in talent this comes down to who has a better gameplan and who executes it better on fight night.
This isn't Jones vs Cormier where Jon just proved they aren't on the same level.

That said, I could see either one of them elevating their game and changing the narrative. But it doesn't come without hard work and I can't see either one of these two out working or having more discipline than
the other. So it circles back to gameplan and execution.

I think that answers the question or part of it anyway. Real answers are complex and long replies like this trying to explain them are essentialy writing a diary or screaming into the abyss. So, I'll spare everyone answering the 3 follow up ?'s.

TLDR; I would pretty much only be surprised if one of these two dominates the other.

If Colby wins, than P4P he will autmatically be placed in the top 10, and Usman will drop significantly.

I'm hoping Colby does win, I like their rivalry and I wouldn't mind seeing a trilogy. But like DC said, it's not really a rivalry if the other guy beats you twice.

If Colby wins, than P4P he will autmatically be placed in the top 10, and Usman will drop significantly.

I'm hoping Colby does win, I like their rivalry and I wouldn't mind seeing a trilogy. But like DC said, it's not really a rivalry if the other guy beats you twice.
<JonesDXSuckIt><DCrying>

Liberals, soyboys and sherdoggers who sit to piss would have their panties in a bunch, AGAIN, and it would be glorious :)

How will he pull an upset? He has pillow fist. He hasn't ko anyone. Plus Usman hits harder than him. Its game over for colby.

He's going to get thrashed and run away again.

I wouldn't be surprised. The first fight nearly went the distance and both guys found some good moments.

I think it'll be closer than what the odds/bookmakers are letting on.

Sigh ...Colby might have his moments here & there but he's gonna lose again this time it might be worst.

Back