What happens if Chael beats Vitor?

By anyone who seriously watches MMA? This isn't boxing. Boxing is a joke. Are we saying MMA is on par as being a joke with boxing? Check your logic

Yeah, boxing is a joke, that's why the highest paid athlete in the world is a boxer. Perhaps you shouldn't be talking about logic.
Also I'm a hardcore fan, and I don't think mma/UFC isn't legitimate. Far from it. That I don't agree with some of the decisions of the UFC/Dana, doesn't mean that most of them are bad. A vast majority of the time, the fights that make sense are made, barring logistical hiccups. And let's not forget it's not just a sport, it is as much a spectacle. Which the general love for Pride shows well.
Not that I, nor any other hardcore, matters. We don't decide whether this sport is "legitimate" or not. The mainstream does.

the last time Vitor won a fight that went past the 2nd round was in 2007. The chael victory is not inconceivable.

Chael is not going to get a title shot. Even if he wins. Calling it now.

I know, Chael is coming off a lost and he gets a #1 contender fight.lol

At least he has to fight the #1 contender this time, he got a title shot at 205 coming off a loss and without a win at 205 in like 7 years.

It is good to be popular.

Sherdog is swamped by complaining Brazilian fans while others bask in the glory of Sonnen causing so much butthurt.

no you are dead wrong about that. Chael and Chris are very similar in size. Chael is a better wrestler than Chris and Chael is smart at judging the distance, just like Chris. This would be a very competitive fight, Chael wouldn't get destroyed like Anderson did.

yea except you are tripping like scottie pippen and The Chris is a much better wrestler and grappler and will clown Chael like Rashad did, prob sub him tho but maybe GnP finish aswell.

ppl really, really, REALLY, sleeping on how good The Chris is. Its absurd. The guy on a week notice outgrappled Maia easily, you know the guy that clowned Chael on the ground easily.

Chael is in way, WAY WAY over his head with The Chris. His best weapon is useless. He will either be forced to stand and trade or be on his back. It will be funny.

IF Chael Sonnen beats vitor then he deserves the shot. Not sure how people are having difficulty with that

Wait, this has probably been brought multiple times but, is this fight happening on the same card Belfort was originally suppose to fight Weidman on but was replace with machida?!

If he somehow beats Vitor, he's gonna get beaten and molested by Machida/Weidman

UFC is a joke for giving Sonnen so many title shots.

I like how the same people saying that Chael shouldnt get a title shot coming off a loss are the same idiots who think Nick Diaz deserves one after two losses.

Neither should, wake up.

its one of those situations where its a #1 contender fight only for vitor. if chael wins then its a o shit well chael wasn't suppose to win, so well find a way to give him another fight against someone who will definitely beat him this time .

Back