• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion What Happened to the Media Inciting People to Riot Everyday?

So true. I've heard countless talking heads mention how black men are being systematically hunted in the streets by police. It's a complete lie. Doesn't matter though. Just like anything else, if you repeat it enough times it becomes reality.

The ones I hear a lot are: "It is open season on black people" and "They literally be hunting us down in the streets."

They drummed up racism out of thin air to divide the country and then moved on to divide the country through vaccine coverage.

Out of thin air....

Who is "they" exactly?
And the goal of "they" is to divide the country? Is that what you really believe? And why do you think they want to do this?

Are you kidding me?

Every time a black criminal was killed while resisting arrest they played the story non stop.

Many many people were convinced that the police were a death squadron murdering every black man they could find without mercy.

Many people are still convinced of that today.

To be fair that what the media catches . Can you imagine how many injustice has been done to citizens before smartphones were invented?

You had minorities telling America that these kind of behaviors were happening for years. Most people didn't believe them sadly . So I'm always happy when they catch corrupted cops.

What did I say that was crazy?

The idea that the media is deliberately conspiring to get things wrong. That's pretty silly, you have to admit.

I'm a supporter of racial equality. I believe that Black Lives Matter. I realize there's a massive existential humanitarian problem in the fact that black and Indigenous people in the US and Canada have been relegated to an underclass with shamefully disproportionately low wealth ownership and control as well as disgustingly deficient opportunities to achieve better lives.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's helpful to shy away from the reality that those conditions have lead to a murder rate in black communities that is 5-6 times as high as it is in other communities. To pretend this isn't a factor in the disproportionate number of black men being killed by police officers is whistling past the graveyard and, as I said, does no one any good.

Just mentioning that reality opens a person up to being accused of introducing a straw man argument as a bad faith means of distracting from the real issue of police violence acted out on black bodies. But it's beyond naive to believe you can fix the latter problem without addressing the former. Even taking race entirely out of the equation, one community with 6 times the murder rate of another is going to encounter higher incidences of police action resulting in death.

That doesn't mean there isn't systemic racism at play. It just means that if you are going to address it you need to look at the data with clear vision and be open to what the data tells you so that you can address root causes rather than be constantly playing a losing game of whack-a-mole against the symptoms.

If you still think I'm talking craziness, that's a better indication of just how far we are from making a move toward remedying some of these problems (rather than just expressing outrage about them), than it is of my mental faculties.

This is an entirely different post. Also, seems like you're conflating the news media with, like, regular people on Twitter or something. I don't think you'll find any examples of MSM news coverage accusing anyone of introducing a straw man if they want to talk about differential crime rates or something. And because "MSM news coverage" is so broad, you can generally find examples of anything you want.

Are you kidding me?

Every time a black criminal was killed while resisting arrest they played the story non stop.

Many many people were convinced that the police were a death squadron murdering every black man they could find without mercy.

Many people are still convinced of that today.
Have cases like Arbery and Floyd's occured recently that you're aware of?

Anti-Vax <Eek2.0> is more recognizable because the media uses the derogatory term 24/7 as propaganda to demonize and dehumanize those who are reasonably critical of what is going on and hesitant to get the vaccine. It is easier to get people to fall in line when they are afraid of being labeled and targeted for being anti-vax. Don't worry, big pharma, corporate media and the government have everything under control.
Do you consider having stricter social distancing guidelines for the unvaccinated them being targeted?

It actually turns out that black lives don't matter.
Black lives only matter when it fits a narrative and retards eat this shit up.

https://www.wpr.org/thursday-police-shooting-marks-3rd-incident-2-week-span-milwaukee-county
"Three people in Milwaukee have been shot and killed by police in the past two weeks. In all three cases, police say the suspect had a gun. In two cases, the person was shot after firing at police."

If this was one year ago, the city would be on fire.

And there was a 4th shot the other day (Milwaukee suburb) after he carjacked two, kidnapped somebody, and fired on officers while running down a busy street with innocent people all around.

If you want to see his inbred families response, here it is.

These are similar to what incidents that caused rioting last year?

I don't think that your average news show is going to be a good place to get hard data when it comes to things like stats, 20 year long wars, or environmental science. The stats and history aren't usually completely made up out of nowhere whether it's FOX or CNN reading them.
But when it comes to these more complicated topics, it is impossible to get fully informed on this stuff from headlines, 6 minute monologues, and 7 minute spicy "debates" between two supposed experts. Add to that, is that the US media is incredibly soft, and doesn't do a lot of pushback when they bring on people to talk about these issues. They let people present information (on both sides) without question, and it gets to be considered "news" and facts to the viewer at home.
The entire structure of the media is the problem.

And while I think both sides of the media are heavily biased, the bigger issue with CNN/MSNBC is that they proclaim to be unbiased and all about facts when they aren't.
But that isn't just on left issues---CNN often uses the exact same framework/questions that rightwingers and rightwing media uses as if all opinions on all subjects are equal. People on CNN and MSNBC were saying the same stuff about Bernie/The Squad and "communism" as FOX was. There are people on both networks criticizing Biden over Afghanistan with the same talking points.

I'm obviously not defending the media here, but the problem here isn't about these so-called media agendas. They're reacting to things that are happening. In the case of the thread topic, when President Trump is talking about "sons of bitches" and the Vice President is walking out of NFL games because Kapernick took a knee, the media is going to cover that.
What can the media say about the nothing that Biden or Harris have said?
You don't need to do a deep dive on why the media doesn't have much to say now as they did when Trump was in office. It's a straight line.

The face of CNN is a CIA agent:

"During college, Cooper spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency while studying political science.[9] He pursued journalism with no formal journalistic education[10][9] "

And just so you know the face of Fox News is also, most likely, a CIA agent:

"After college, Carlson tried to join the Central Intelligence Agency, but his application was denied, after which he decided to pursue a career in journalism with the encouragement of his father"

Yes, everything is one giant conspiracy.

How many sources do you want laughing boy? Just Google the story and you'll see it was covered all over the MSM.

https://msnbctv.news/2021/09/03/don...fter-being-paralyzed-in-police-shooting-news/
No its not. Msnbctv.news is even worse than the first link you posted.
Screen-Shot-2021-09-05-at-1-31-56-PM.png

<Dany07><YeahOKJen>

Out of thin air....

Who is "they" exactly?
And the goal of "they" is to divide the country? Is that what you really believe? And why do you think they want to do this?

The media drummed it up out of thin air. Whether the democrats were a part of it, I don't know but they certainly latched on to it.

America has been becoming less racist by the day for decades and the media took a couple of piss poor policing situations and drummed it up into an "everyone that doesn't agree with us is racist" narrative.

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

You need to come to terms with the fact that were gaslight'd by the media. You bought into manufactured hysteria and were used & exploited. Happens to the best of us. But at some point you have recognize it so you can stop falling for it.
Just like Trump told you... <{1-1}>

The face of CNN is a CIA agent:

"During college, Cooper spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency while studying political science.[9] He pursued journalism with no formal journalistic education[10][9] "

And just so you know the face of Fox News is also, most likely, a CIA agent:

"After college, Carlson tried to join the Central Intelligence Agency, but his application was denied, after which he decided to pursue a career in journalism with the encouragement of his father"

Yes, everything is one giant conspiracy.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Cooper is 54, and Carlson is 52.....and you think that their interest in the CIA 30+ years ago as college students proves they are.....??????
Secret CIA agents working to control the populace via the news?
<BidenShutIt>

It's easier and usually more accurate to just describe them as anti-vax. If you say anti-vax these days everyone knows exactly what you are talking about. They don't think you are referencing polio.
Not anti-vax; pro-choice.

<TheDonald>

The useful idiots aka BurnLootMurder and ANTIFAilures are no longer needed -- for now. Maybe if the big orange boogeyman runs again for 2024 will the Dumbocrats and lamestream media incite them to riot again. Another "Summer of Love" for 2024, lmao
That's a very well reasoned moderate response. <BakerNo>

<JagsKiddingMe>

Cooper is 54, and Carlson is 52.....and you think that their interest in the CIA 30+ years ago as college students proves they are.....??????
Secret CIA agents working to control the populace via the news?
<BidenShutIt>

You think these things are coincidences?

<YeahOKJen>

Back