• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion What Happened to the Media Inciting People to Riot Everyday?

Nothing to say about anything that I actually said?

This isn't a question of whether or not the media is good or bad. The fact of the matter is, is that while the media does contribute to running certain narratives, it is also highly reactive to events and to people. Their reactions can be biased, but they are reacting to actions...not spinning bullshit out of thin air.

It's the same dumb shit with conservatives every time.
"Why do they make fun of Trump, and not of Biden or Obama?"
Maybe it has to do with the fact that one of them can't stop talking shit and shit posting on twitter? That doesn't mean that Obama/Biden is without fault, or that the media doesn't have a bias. It means that the right gets more shit, because they tend to say more stupid shit outloud.
Who is going to get more shit in the media--the guy that is outwardly anti-gay/trans/etc, or the guy that gives the middle of the road or supportive answer? Which side does the right wing normally take on social issues?

You need to come to terms that everything isn't a giant conspiracy to "manufacture hysteria". When it comes to things like business and media, a lot of this is just them reacting to stupid shit, and going the path that makes the most money. The only one "falling for" anything here are rubes like you guys that see everything as a conspiracy, and not for what they are.

There's truth in what you say. But there's also a sort of wink wink, nudge nudge, small "c" conspiracy in the way that the media discusses the data points around black men being disproportionately killed by police. It's undeniable, really, if you bother to do a deep dive into what is actually happening. And the slight of hand isn't helpful to anyone.

I just saw this headline a couple days ago. Nothing has changed. Police shootings/killings are still being regularly reported on.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...paralyzed-pbso-shooting-west-palm/5704800001/

It's just that the right-wing media realized after Trump lost that there was no longer reason to pretend that there was some sort of "burning cities" crisis across America as a result of BLM violence.

Because that's where you get all your news you are under the impression that the situation has "died down" and you're trying to figure out why. Instead of understanding that it's just the propaganda and disinfo from the right that died down.

This is the correct answer. Exactly like the caravan, which was the biggest story on Fox and among chuds here until the election, at which point people immediately stopped caring. Ted Cruz guaranteed that people would stop talking about COVID the day after the election because he assumed incorrectly that the real media operates like rightist propaganda. Very telling mistake.

There's truth in what you say. But there's also a sort of wink wink, nudge nudge, small "c" conspiracy in the way that the media discusses the data points around black men being disproportionately killed by police. It's undeniable, really, if you bother to do a deep dive into what is actually happening. And the slight of hand isn't helpful to anyone.

Seriously? Wouldn't expect such craziness from you.

I can't see any inflammatory stories recently trying to get People of Color angry and out in the street.

It's like.......

That agenda has been completed?

Even on Social Media. There's nothing. No Anti-Cop Hate Speak in my Instagram feed anymore.

It's like they got over it. Only Covid and Anti-Vaccine stuff now.
The rallies and.....

We said news would marginalize this until 6 months before the next election. We weren't kidding. It's an easy recognizable pattern of election issues to get the sheep riled up and then ignoring it like it doesn't exist for 3 and a half more years. That's why you hear conservative black supporters call it "keeping us in their democratic plantation".

Biden is president now. Now their agenda is minimization of obvious issues

Its really not a difficult concept

This is an utter lie. The same media Biden is supposedly in bed with are all against him on Afghanistan. Knocking him every single day since this started.

Can you at least stick to a narrative and have it make sense.

I just saw this headline a couple days ago. Nothing has changed. Police shootings/killings are still being regularly reported on.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...paralyzed-pbso-shooting-west-palm/5704800001/

It's just that the right-wing media realized after Trump lost that there was no longer reason to pretend that there was some sort of "burning cities" crisis across America as a result of BLM violence.

Because that's where you get all your news you are under the impression that the situation has "died down" and you're trying to figure out why. Instead of understanding that it's just the propaganda and disinfo from the right that died down.

Palm Beach Post......

Seriously? Wouldn't expect such craziness from you.

What did I say that was crazy?

I'm a supporter of racial equality. I believe that Black Lives Matter. I realize there's a massive existential humanitarian problem in the fact that black and Indigenous people in the US and Canada have been relegated to an underclass with shamefully disproportionately low wealth ownership and control as well as disgustingly deficient opportunities to achieve better lives.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's helpful to shy away from the reality that those conditions have lead to a murder rate in black communities that is 5-6 times as high as it is in other communities. To pretend this isn't a factor in the disproportionate number of black men being killed by police officers is whistling past the graveyard and, as I said, does no one any good.

Just mentioning that reality opens a person up to being accused of introducing a straw man argument as a bad faith means of distracting from the real issue of police violence acted out on black bodies. But it's beyond naive to believe you can fix the latter problem without addressing the former. Even taking race entirely out of the equation, one community with 6 times the murder rate of another is going to encounter higher incidences of police action resulting in death.

That doesn't mean there isn't systemic racism at play. It just means that if you are going to address it you need to look at the data with clear vision and be open to what the data tells you so that you can address root causes rather than be constantly playing a losing game of whack-a-mole against the symptoms.

If you still think I'm talking craziness, that's a better indication of just how far we are from making a move toward remedying some of these problems (rather than just expressing outrage about them), than it is of my mental faculties.

Last edited:
I don't think that your average news show is going to be a good place to get hard data when it comes to things like stats, 20 year long wars, or environmental science. The stats and history aren't usually completely made up out of nowhere whether it's FOX or CNN reading them.
But when it comes to these more complicated topics, it is impossible to get fully informed on this stuff from headlines, 6 minute monologues, and 7 minute spicy "debates" between two supposed experts. Add to that, is that the US media is incredibly soft, and doesn't do a lot of pushback when they bring on people to talk about these issues. They let people present information (on both sides) without question, and it gets to be considered "news" and facts to the viewer at home.
The entire structure of the media is the problem.

And while I think both sides of the media are heavily biased, the bigger issue with CNN/MSNBC is that they proclaim to be unbiased and all about facts when they aren't.
But that isn't just on left issues---CNN often uses the exact same framework/questions that rightwingers and rightwing media uses as if all opinions on all subjects are equal. People on CNN and MSNBC were saying the same stuff about Bernie/The Squad and "communism" as FOX was. There are people on both networks criticizing Biden over Afghanistan with the same talking points.

I'm obviously not defending the media here, but the problem here isn't about these so-called media agendas. They're reacting to things that are happening. In the case of the thread topic, when President Trump is talking about "sons of bitches" and the Vice President is walking out of NFL games because Kapernick took a knee, the media is going to cover that.
What can the media say about the nothing that Biden or Harris have said?
You don't need to do a deep dive on why the media doesn't have much to say now as they did when Trump was in office. It's a straight line.

your victim complex is the only thing that’s changed. Maybe cope harder?

I don't think that your average news show is going to be a good place to get hard data when it comes to things like stats, 20 year long wars, or environmental science. The stats and history aren't usually completely made up out of nowhere whether it's FOX or CNN reading them.
But when it comes to these more complicated topics, it is impossible to get fully informed on this stuff from headlines, 6 minute monologues, and 7 minute spicy "debates" between two supposed experts. Add to that, is that the US media is incredibly soft, and doesn't do a lot of pushback when they bring on people to talk about these issues. They let people present information (on both sides) without question, and it gets to be considered "news" and facts to the viewer at home.
The entire structure of the media is the problem.

And while I think both sides of the media are heavily biased, the bigger issue with CNN/MSNBC is that they proclaim to be unbiased and all about facts when they aren't.
But that isn't just on left issues---CNN often uses the exact same framework/questions that rightwingers and rightwing media uses as if all opinions on all subjects are equal. People on CNN and MSNBC were saying the same stuff about Bernie/The Squad and "communism" as FOX was. There are people on both networks criticizing Biden over Afghanistan with the same talking points.

I'm obviously not defending the media here, but the problem here isn't about these so-called media agendas. They're reacting to things that are happening. In the case of the thread topic, when President Trump is talking about "sons of bitches" and the Vice President is walking out of NFL games because Kapernick took a knee, the media is going to cover that.
What can the media say about the nothing that Biden or Harris have said?
You don't need to do a deep dive on why the media doesn't have much to say now as they did when Trump was in office. It's a straight line.

As I said in my earlier post, I don't disagree with any of that.

That's why I called it a "small 'c' conspiracy." It's just a "conspiracy" amongst like minded people to leave out or downplay "inconvenient truths" while highlighting and repeating truths more in keeping with the dominant world view within the organization at hand. And, yes, that includes Fox News et al just as much as (and maybe more than) CNN et al.

But the end result in the context of BLM was almost irrefutably to turn up the temperature in an already heated context, resulting in further division and violence. Trump is definitely a bomb thrower. We don't disagree on that, either. The only place we disagree, I guess, is in my sense that what you described above (and what I've outlined in my previous paragraph) is, likewise, an act of throwing gasoline on the fire.

This is an utter lie. The same media Biden is supposedly in bed with are all against him on Afghanistan. Knocking him every single day since this started.

Can you at least stick to a narrative and have it make sense.

Are you seriously trying to play the angle that the media is against Biden? Are you absolutely insane?

Are you seriously trying to play the angle that the media is against Biden? Are you absolutely insane?

Well if they’re in bed with Biden why are they killing him about Afghanistan? You would think they’d support all his decisions.

As I said in my earlier post, I don't disagree with any of that.

That's why I called it a "small 'c' conspiracy." It's just a "conspiracy" amongst like minded people to leave out or downplay "inconvenient truths" while highlighting and repeating truths more in keeping with the dominant world view within the organization at hand. And, yes, that includes Fox News et al just as much as (and maybe more than) CNN et al.

But the end result in the context of BLM was almost irrefutably to turn up the temperature in an already heated context, resulting in further division and violence. Trump is definitely a bomb thrower. We don't disagree on that, either. The only place we disagree, I guess, is in my sense that what you described above (and what I've outlined in my previous paragraph) is, likewise, an act of throwing gasoline on the fire.

I think that the intent here is key, because that's what is fueling the emotions when it comes to these small c conspiracies.
And those emotions keep these things going the way that they go because people feel like someone is trying to play them, or lie to them.

There's a big and important difference between the temperature rising, and it being turned up intentionally.
The fire is always burning, but some things catch fire better than others.

The palmbeachpost is your evidence that nothing changed in coverage? <Dany07>
This is the correct answer.
<WellThere>

Well if they’re in bed with Biden why are they killing him about Afghanistan? You would think they’d support all his decisions.

Clicks and views, the only things that matter to anyone in the media.

Palm Beach Post......
The palmbeachpost is your evidence that nothing changed in coverage? <Dany07>

<WellThere>
I'm sick of all the shit talk on these forums about the Palm Beach Post. Whenever any of you guys can maintain a newspaper in today's day and age then maybe you can say something. The fucking PBP is doing their best and I think that it's pretty damn good.

Wait, you are upset because in cases where the police acted reasonably there isn’t outrage? Almost as if BLM is about police abuse? What a concept. You’ll never understand if this is how you think.

BLM is about buying large houses in white neighborhoods.

<Fedor23>

They really found their alternative to trump in vaccine hesitant. Man, they are really dehumanizing us

I think that is exactly it. Trump is gone and the left needs a new enemy to hate. First it was anti-maskers and now it is anti-vaxers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back