What happened to Paulo Thiago?

I almost bet on this fight. Phew, glad I didn't.

Anybody think Paulo will get cut? I hope not. I still think he is a decent, journeyman fighter.

Probably. I like the guy but he's only beaten Mitchell and Prazeres in the past 4 years. Maybe they'll keep him around for another prelim on a Brazil card, but I doubt it

Maybe you didnt think that, but 11-0 after knocking out Kos in his UFC debut, this guy was touted as the next big thing, his hype was derailed after getting grinded by Fitch(i cant remember if that fight was even televised). Iirc Swick win wasnt that impressive after Hardy already stole the contender spot.

http://www.point-spreads.com/mma/07...lo-thiago-ufc-100-odds-picks-predictions.html

Just to bury this belief that Thiago was ever touted as the "next big thing", Fitch was a -550 favourite.

I mean shit.

What? For real? Damn, dude is a legit bad ass

Yeah they said it during the fight, a plane was already waiting for him after the fight, he might already be on the battlefield as far as we know, that's why I will never criticize this man, ever. I just wish he retires and find some time to rest

He's not just any police officer, He's a member of BOPE. Which would explain why his hair is already grey.

Yeah they said it during the fight, a plane was already waiting for him after the fight, he might already be on the battlefield as far as we know, that's why I will never criticize this man, ever. I just wish he retires and find some time to rest

Same, wow, I had no idea. I mean I knew he was special forces, and worked all the time, but did not know that this happened today. That would play heavy on ones mind, when you have much greater things to worry about during a fight.

That's ridiculous. I have a ton of respect for Paulo. But that's no way to live. I wouldn't mind seeing him retire either. Juggling an MMA career with that has got to be incredibly stressful

Shit.

Dude has some brass balls. I mean fuck. How can you focus on a fight seriously when you are about to go risk your life right after?

He looked much different than his early ufc fights

m9xhep.jpg

You're right.

I imagine he was put on the card simply because he's a local fighter and pretty much nothing more at this point in his career.

He's done. He really needs to retire.

I can't believe people are all over the Thatch hype because he beat Paulo...

he's made a 5 year career off of a single punch.

He wrecked Swick too. The Kos and Swick win were great during that time period.

To me it just looks like he got old and isn't too invested in turning his career around. He was awesome for a few years, the Sanchez fight was awesome too.

He's done. He really needs to retire.

I can't believe people are all over the Thatch hype because he beat Paulo...

Many of us have been on the Thatch bandwagon long before he ever fought in the UFC. I covered a Ring of Fire event for Sherdog years ago, pre Loretta Hunt days back when Thatch was still an amateur. I told Sherdog at the time that I saw the future that night and the future's name was Brandon Thatch and Cat Albert (now Zingano). I wanted to focus on them but all Sherdog wanted to hear about was a couple of former TUF washouts Mike Nickels and Noah Thomas. That was the first and last event I ever covered for Sherdog but I feel vindicated due to the success those two fighters have had while very few fans remember Nickels and Thomas.

Many of us have been on the Thatch bandwagon long before he ever fought in the UFC. I covered a Ring of Fire event for Sherdog years ago, pre Loretta Hunt days back when Thatch was still an amateur. I told Sherdog at the time that I saw the future that night and the future's name was Brandon Thatch and Cat Albert (now Zingano). I wanted to focus on them but all Sherdog wanted to hear about was a couple of former TUF washouts Mike Nickels and Noah Thomas. That was the first and last event I ever covered for Sherdog but I feel vindicated due to the success those to fighters have had while very few fans remember Nickels and Thomas.
I'm not saying Thatch doesn't have a bright future, but to act as if he can challenge for the title because he finished Paulo, is just ridiculous. And that's what Sherdog is doing.

Back