What Happened Last Night?

I heard it was a close one with MJ. Win or lose, keeping things competitive with a Top 5 is very respectable.

I dunno, I only found the last round was really up for debate. The decision may have been the worst of the year.

Kenny Florian miscalled the second round of the co main leading people not watching closely to think there was a robbery, instead of a really close fight the winner finished much stronger. Oh, nunes landed a legit right hand and combo that would hurt most untrained men, and glover outclassed a slightly better athlete with superior technique, skill, an experience. Oh, Mcarthy missed a tap and a sub was held on to after a tap 3 seconds longer than Palhares. Oh, following the questionable stopage in the Conor v Mendes fight, Herb Dean now has his name announced excitedly by Buffer and is also for some reason a big part of an advertisement for the 191 ppv. Oh, somebody begged to Dana, Lorenzo, and Shelby in familiar creepy 'we are just peons pleasing our bosses' UFC uncomfortably weird fashion..

I fell asleep after the Hall/Bangbus fight. First card I've missed in a long while. Anyways, I know the results, but which fighters looked really good? Were there any points of interest/funny moments?

Busted by autocorrect....

Better clear out your search history TS

I dunno, I only found the last round was really up for debate. The decision may have been the worst of the year.

Last round wasn't up for debate, dariush landed 30 clean punches, Johnson landed 5 and it wasn't that close. Johnson was outclassed in the third, possibly based on coasting. The second round is debatable, and it was called one sided by kenflo, which happens.

Worst of the year? That's a massive over-exaggeration, considering the divide in the opinions of who won. Nijem/Holbrook, Ticman/The other guy, Iaquinta/Mavidal, Nam/Nover were all called robberies. I haven't seen the fight, but it doesn't like a bigger robbery than any of those.

Last round wasn't up for debate, dariush landed 30 clean punches, Johnson landed 5 and it wasn't that close. Johnson was outclassed in the third, possibly based on coasting. The second round is debatable, and it was called one sided by kenflo, which happens.
Florian messed up last night. His commentary swayed opinions in more than one fight. A lot of those that say Dariush won had the sound muted.

I'm seeing a lot of debate over that one. Some still think Benny won, so I guess it wasn't as bad as Holbrook/Nijem, Sanchez/Almost every opponent he's ever faced. I wanted Dariush to win, so I'm not as mad as a lot of people, that I felt were upset because they were rooting for home-boy MJ, and it went the other way.

I just watched the fight now and after 2 rounds I was so confused knowing that MJ lost the decision.. He 100% won that fight.

I just watched the fight now and after 2 rounds I was so confused knowing that MJ lost the decision.. He 100% won that fight.
I'll wait for it to become available on FightPass, because I can't argue one way or the other.

Florian messed up last night. His commentary swayed opinions in more than one fight. A lot of those that say Dariush won had the sound muted.

I now know you just decided to lie about falling asleep so you could spew your opinions about an already overtalked about decision. go back to your bridge.

O eth P is still the same fighter he was in Strikeforce.

Brunson's win, re: stoppage as legit as you can get, Alvey was noodle-legged & in la-la land, MJ was robbed, not the worst one we've ever seen but bad enough. Roshholt & Johnson, well they were Roshholt & Johnson, nothing missed there except for a few bomb's landed in the last 15 seconds or so by Johnson. Nunes was spectacular and Glover looked great too, fought extremely well and smart.

I now know you just decided to lie about falling asleep so you could spew your opinions about an already overtalked about decision. go back to your bridge.
Hahahahaha. All I said was that Kenny had showed bias in a previous fight, and it had swayed people. I didn't see it, but it sounds like it happened again the MJ/BD fight, except it was closer. Why is it when I make people cry with an observation, do they decide to call me a troll?

Also, I didn't even bring up the MJ/BD fight.

Brunson's win, re: stoppage as legit as you can get, Alvey was noodle-legged & in la-la land, MJ was robbed, not the worst one we've ever seen but bad enough. Roshholt & Johnson, well they were Roshholt & Johnson, nothing missed there except for a few bomb's landed in the last 15 seconds or so by Johnson. Nunes was spectacular and Glover looked great too, fought extremely well and smart.
Thanks.

Just watched it with no volume. I can't decide who won the second. I couldn't tell which punches landed, but it looked like MJ hit a whole lot of nothing. Dariush threw less, but appeared more accurate with kicks and jabs. I actually have it 29-29, I legit can't decide. However, if I had to pick a winner of the second, it would go to MJ for octagon control and aggression, I suppose. He looked more like he was winning. Close fight, though, not a robbery, imo.

Back