What Happened Last Night?

KhabibTheBeagle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I fell asleep after the Hall/Bangbus fight. First card I've missed in a long while. Anyways, I know the results, but which fighters looked really good? Were there any points of interest/funny moments?

Brunsons strategy was suprising as hell. Never thought i'd see that dude in a gun fight. I remember his fight with Leben.

Nunes was impressive, stuffed McMann's takedown and out-struck her on the feet before finishing it off with a RNC. Also Texeira fought really well and smart, got rocked in the first but went to his wrestling and outgrappled OSP.

Johnson was robbed in the co-main

Brunsons strategy was suprising as hell. Never thought i'd see that dude in a gun fight. I remember his fight with Leben.
I didn't like him after he grapple-fucked Larkin, but he's got 2 first-round TKOs since then. He also gave Romero a run for his money, so my hat's off to him.

Glover reminded everybody that he is still very legit.

I can't believe Glover was an underdog. OSP didn't look like he belonged in the cage with him.

Johnson was robbed in the co-main
I'm seeing a lot of debate over that one. Some still think Benny won, so I guess it wasn't as bad as Holbrook/Nijem, Sanchez/Almost every opponent he's ever faced. I wanted Dariush to win, so I'm not as mad as a lot of people, that I felt were upset because they were rooting for home-boy MJ, and it went the other way.

Nunes was impressive, stuffed McMann's takedown and out-struck her on the feet before finishing it off with a RNC. Also Texeira fought really well and smart, got rocked in the first but went to his wrestling and outgrappled OSP.
McMann "I'm the one to beat Rousey", lol

I'd like to see a poll on Dariush/MJ. Has there been one?

Sucks for Shogun because he could've beaten OSP with the same gameplan.

glover was relentless with pressure and took that fight...

Back