What fight really caught your eye and got you interested in MMA/ UFC?

jd12688

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There are several different fights i think of , but for me it was Hughes vs Trigg 2, this is one of the first fights i saw as a young teenager.

That was the fight for me. I was hooked. I thought MMA was pretty awful and scary before I saw that fight.

Wanderlei axe murdering people.

UFC 1, all of it! But especially Royce's fights that night.

Diaz/Sanchez

The prefight video and beef was hilarious and the fight delivered

Any brock lesnar fight since it got my curiosity as an old wwe fan. When i heard he became champion of the world in another sport it definitely intriguided me.

First UFC event I saw was Brock vs. Mir 1. We were at Hooters and left before the main event. lulz

I didn't REALLY get into it until 2009. It was a random, spur of the moment thing to start looking into MMA. I found some sites streaming matches of the guys I knew of like Tito, Brock, etc. Once I started to understand the ground game I was hooked. So I guess I don't really have an answer, lol.

The Ken vs Tito tuf season is what did it for me. Always remembered ken from the wwf days haha

When i heard he became champion of the world in another sport it definitely intriguided me.

That's pretty cool.

I can't imagine an athlete I like all of a sudden kicking ass in another sport I wasn't to aware of.

Royce vs Ichihara (it was the first one on the UFC2 tape I rented.)

I'd been a casual mma fan for years but after I saw fedor beating up guys bigger and fitter looking than him or copping a flogging then pulling off a crazy win somehow I started to train. Now I'm pretty much an addict checking for news everyday watching most events training most days of the week traveling to other countries to train and compete in grapple comps and things. I am addicted I don't know if there is a cure....

Scott Smith vs Pete Sell along with some Mirko Cro Cop youtube highlights I stumbled on. took me a minute to remember .

The idea of putting martial arts together and see what they would do in a real fight agains other martial arts. A few years after Machida came to mma and I got even more envolved.

Back