What fight really caught your eye and got you interested in MMA/ UFC?

Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie. I was at my cousin's house and didn't know there was another combat sports besides boxing, which I was really into at the time. Of course now I watch way more MMA than boxing.

Been a fan from the jump....Big Daddy Goodrich made me a fan for life when he caught dude in the crucifix....

The very first fight I ever saw was a replay of an old classic on Spike TV (maybe 7 years ago when I was 11). It was Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell I. I remember when Randy picked Chuck up and slammed him to the ground and I damn near lost my mind. Shit was cray.

Big Nog x Bob Sapp on youtube, showed by a friend. That got me into MMA. I was looking for everything about Pride. Became a big Fedor fan after watching all his fights on that same friend's house.

Then I saw Lyoto x Thiago Silva live on TV and that was the final strike to make me a true fan of the sport. To that day and for the future, Lyoto will always be my fav fighter.

well , when i was little my family owned a video store and they had the old ufc's on tape. i started at ufc 1 and when i saw gerard whatever his name is kick tuli's teeth out i knew this was something i would like.
not really a specific fight but watching fedor and chuck highlights really got me hooked

Big Nog x Bob Sapp on youtube, showed by a friend. That got me into MMA. I was looking for everything about Pried.

Then I saw Lyoto x Thiago Silva live on TV and that was the final strike to make me a true fan of the sport. To that day and for the future, Lyoto will always be my fav fighter.

word. War Lyoto because of that fight.

Big Nog x Bob Sapp on youtube, showed by a friend. That got me into MMA. I was looking for everything about Pride. Became a big Fedor fan after watching all his fights on that same friend's house.

Awesome.

I first starting watching MMA because of Chuck Liddell but I didn't become a big fan until UFC 86 when I watched Forrest v Rampage. I think that fight doesn't get enough credit for being an amazing fight. After that I was obsessed with MMA.

That was one of the fights where I knew MMA was special.

keith hackney vs emmanuel yarborough was the first UFC fight I saw(not live), thought it was cool.

The fight that got me to be a die hard fan was Forrest vs Stephan(as generic and cheesy as that sounds)

Both were warriors so both were winners, contract wise atleast.

Did Karate, and anybody is a GI or remotely looked like martial arts stuff, I watched. So when I was 9, I saw the first UFC on a spanish channel and saw a cage, gi, and throwing some kicks, then that was that, I watched. But again, I would watch ISKA and kickboxing on the ESPN2, so that was that.

Ken Shamrock - Patrick Smith

As a kid, I knew how to box, avoid getting kick, what a kimura was (but I didn't know what it was called), the general concept of two arms on one, a RNC,basic judo throw/trips and the importance of stamina. Most of these things could be found in Marine Hand-to-Hand Combat manuals. When Shamrock took Smith down without Smith landing anything, Shamrock landed in the Smith's guard (yes, Smith had a guard in UFC 1. Smith's guard was interesting, even though he couldn't do anything from it, because it showed that a guy with Shamrock's power could be locked down BUT the real eye-opener was the lock that blew-out Smith's knee. What was that?

Obviously, you had Royce in UFC 1 too. Anyone who knew about Olympic wrestling had to be thinking that Royce wouldn't hold-up in the long term. Within a year or so it seemed obvious that once Olympic wrestlers entered the UFC, and had some training defending triangles and arm bars that Royce was going to be lose on a regular basis.

i still don't know the name of the event and who were in it, but in 1995 i was at a party (can't remember if it was thanksgiving or christmas)

and the host had a PPV of what I am guessing was a UFC event (it was in a cage)

but i sat with my eyes glued not talking to a person the whole evening. It perked my curiosity to say the least.

I was later re-introduced when Fedor got randleslammed and delved into the sport a little deeper, first becoming a fan of Vovchanchyn (thanks to his insane highlight reels,) then Crocop

I used to see ufc after wrestling on spike and I thought it was a wwe ripoff having no idea it was real until I saw baby jay beat the piss outta Joe daddy

Back