What exactly is a "puncher's chance"?

I'm not sure we share the same definition of the phrase..

if you have a punchers chance,You're a fighter with dynamite that isn't very well rounded. that means you're outclassed almost-everywhere and huge underdog and the only concieveable way to win is a suprise K.O.

anderson wouldn't have a considered "puncher's chance" because he has several skills and options he can apply to win a fight.

Roy Nelson however, Only chance to win a fight agasint..... lets say Cain is a K.O. Because he's certainly not going to outwrestle him.

Roy would have a "punchers chance" at best.

Yes, I was wondering if anyone would accept that a "puncher's chance" could exist, in some cases, and outstanding majority of the time.
So if Anderson would beat Forrest with punches (or strikes) 9x/10, his puncher's chance would be 90%.

For how often I read that term on here, there must be some cases where a poster is talking about a puncher's chance that is well over 50%.

As for the other concept regarding Stout vs Bendo, Stout did KO Edwards fairly recently. It would be possible for him to land that on Bendo, although not likely.

Oh, and I think most people would agree that Soko had a puncher's chance of winning against both Lil Nog and Arona, back to back.
He did it.

MMA fans/"scholars" don't like to believe in luck in the first place, and they would never accept two back-to-back fights as being remotely connected to luck, and Soko was the hottest commodity for Zuffa at the time of the Pride purchase.

Back