What does being a UFC champ mean to you?

RealVision116

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
When a fighter wins that belt and is recognized as the Champ, what does that say to you? They're the best in the divison? Best at the moment? Just won another fight?

They all lose eventually, sometimes immediately. Especially in mma where styles make fights, there's always someone out there who has your number. Just makes me think the concept of a champ among a weight class is all fluff.

Being a champ means banging 10´s only. If you fail and getting cought banging a 9, you dont deserve to be champ anymore.

Ill let you know as soon as I get my title shot against DC.

When a fighter wins that belt and is recognized as the Champ, what does that say to you? They're the best in the divison? Best at the moment? Just won another fight?

They all lose eventually, sometimes immediately. Especially in mma where styles make fights, there's always someone out there who has your number. Just makes me think the concept of a champ among a weight class is all fluff.
Only ONE Belt matters...

ben.gif

Sakuraba belt.jpg

That's the point where everyone starts playing it safe and fighting 1-2 times a year. A lot of times they get injured as soon as they get the belt or immediately sign up for TUF.

"Oh I don't know if I can fight on that card, 3 months isn't enough time to recover from my vacation... *sips tropical cocktail from a coconut*"

Sad!

To me if you are the Champ you are the best by default, even if there could be argued that there are more skilled fighters in the division, of course it gets very skewed.when fighters get shots they dont deserve and others get denied.

To me it means your name is etched in the history books. Nothing can change that, not even retorspective bans for PED use.

It means that according to sherdog everyone you ever beat was an overhyped can and fighter x is going to expose you.

They get a pay bump. That is all.

For me personally they have to be the best in the division. Not better than the champion.

Someone having a belt doesn't mean shit to me and shouldn't mean shit to you either.

For a fighter, its a bargaining tool for a new contract, more money. Sorry kids but thats real life. Wake up

Best in the division until someone proves otherwise

Most of the time he/she found a way.

Bless the ones STAYING champs though.

Being a ufc champ means that you are a champion of the UFC

Bring the HW champion in the UFC means that you are the best fighter in the world.

The further removed from HW, the larger the asterisk beside your name is.

only fight once a year and complain about the pay

Back