Opinion What do you think of white nationalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, your link says that white is a culture. I guess we can use the syllogism you used earlier then:

You can show pride in belonging to a culture.
White is a culture.
Ergo you can show pride in being white.

You can't have it both ways. You have to acknowledge that other races can be proud black men, which you did, or acknowledge that skin colour plays a role.

I think we're done here.

What is white culture but American culture?

Alright, why don't you give me your thesis real quick.

From post 1017

When did I say it was the ONLY way that one could display pride. Once again the root of our arguments are different definitions, it's fine for anyone to show pride as in satisfaction or happiness with yourself, accomplishments, family, community etc.

The Pride 'Movements' however are different, they are based on believing you are equal to the standards of beauty, success and worth in society and not being ashamed of who you are even though you're different. In western society, white people are the standard of beauty, success and worth so the idea that they need a 'movement' to enforce this is preposterous.

I will have to double check the footnotes.

http://klarbooks.com/academic/catholic.html

The Catholic Church had begun issuing papal bulls in 1452 which granted rights and privileges in order to promote missionary activity. [Las Casas p.15] The American continent was 'bestowed' by God (through the Pope) upon the Spanish and Portuguese.[Todorov p.147]

Hernan Cortes considered it vital that the Indians subjected themselves not only to the Spanish throne but also to the 'mysteries of Christ'.[Portilla p.58] This was important as the Church had ruled that enslavement and war could only be made on groups that had rejected the Gospel.[Ibid] When encountering a people the Requerimiento was to read to them. Afterwards, if they still chose not to submit to God's will, violence was permissible. This was regardless of whether the people actually understood.

You should read about the Chichimecan wars, the spanish had a really hard time making war in such a large country like Mexico, so they had to use a mixture of diplomacy and religion.

The most brutal parts were the initial conquest in part because there was not anyone to actually enforce the laws of the kings and the rights of the natives, that doesnt changes the fact that it was the clergy the one that kept pressing the crown to stop the abuses.

What is white culture but American culture?

European in nature, I imagine.

From post 1017

When did I say it was the ONLY way that one could display pride. Once again the root of our arguments are different definitions, it's fine for anyone to show pride as in satisfaction or happiness with yourself, accomplishments, family, community etc.

The Pride 'Movements' however are different, they are based on believing you are equal to the standards of beauty, success and worth in society and not being ashamed of who you are even though you're different. In western society, white people are the standard of beauty, success and worth so the idea that they need a 'movement' to enforce this is preposterous.

Can one show pride as in satisfaction with yourself, accomplishments, family, and ethnicity? Because if not, we're going to pick up the argument the same way. Your premise is not far removed from those who have argued from oppression-only pride, which I've argued against at length.

I think we can safely leave this here.

European in nature, I imagine.

Can one show pride as in satisfaction with yourself, accomplishments, family, and ethnicity? Because if not, we're going to pick up the argument the same way. Your premise is not far removed from those who have argued from oppression-only pride, which I've argued against at length.

I think we can safely leave this here.

Yes, that's what I said in the first paragraph and I've been saying for a few pages now. There is a difference between pride and a pride movement!! We could have saved pages and pages if this point was addressed!!

Yes, that's what I said in the first paragraph and I've been saying for a few pages now. There is a difference between pride and a pride movement!! We could have saved pages and pages if this point was addressed!!

I don't think so. The objection is the same, unless you concede that all people are or are not allowed (you don't find it acceptable) to take pride in their ethnicity.

When we say "x" Pride, lets be more specific.

Instead of white pride, say Italian pride or Irish Pride or Croatian Pride or Swedish Pride or German Pride. I dont think anyone would really find those offensive.

Same with blacks. Say Cuban Pride or Jamaican pride or South African pride or Zimbabwe pride. Just dont say black pride.

Yes, Cain's Brown Pride tat is racist. Why not say Mexican pride or Puerto Rican pride.

see where I am going with this? Being proud of your heritage is fine but go even further and be proud of your family and where you came from.

Grouping into large groups is dumb.

I don't think so. The objection is the same, unless you concede that all people are or are not allowed (you don't find it acceptable) to take pride in their ethnicity.

All people are able to take pride in their ethnicity, Italian, Irish, English, Romanian etc. White is not an ethnicity and the only reason Black is allowed is the fact that most African Americans don't know what their actual ethnicity (tribe) is.

All people are able to take pride in their ethnicity, Italian, Irish, English, Romanian etc. White is not an ethnicity and the only reason Black is allowed is the fact that most African Americans don't know what their actual ethnicity (tribe) is.

Yeah, we're back to square one. For one, many black people know exactly where they're from, and that doesn't stop them from proclaiming black pride, and it doesn't explain why they don't simply proclaim African pride. Then we are still left to explain why brown pride is allowed.

I don't think anyone actually believes that black pride or brown pride is not in part an allusion to skin colour. After all, how often do we hear people talk about those damned Irish, or Romanian. They always refer to them as white people. Every pejorative is directed at skin colour, and every sentiment of pride is expressed as skin colour. If this was simple ethnicity and not colour, this wouldn't occur.

I'm out for the night. Take her easy.

Yeah, we're back to square one. For one, many black people know exactly where they're from, and that doesn't stop them from proclaiming black pride, and it doesn't explain why they don't simply proclaim African pride. Then we are still left to explain why brown pride is allowed.

No we're not, you're just confusing Pride and the Pride movement again. I'll do this in point form, there are 2 kinds of Pride:

Pride Movement
- The Pride Movement is based on believing you are equal to the standards of beauty, success and worth in society and not being ashamed of who you are even though you're different.
- When black people proclaim black pride, they are talking about the Pride MOVEMENT
- Brown pride is talking about the Pride MOVEMENT
- There can be no White Pride MOVEMENT in western society as white people are the majority, the group with the most power and standard of beauty, success and worth.

Feeling of Pride
- Everyone can have Pride in themselves, family, community and ethnicity
- Pride in this sense can be described as a feeling of happiness or satisfaction derived from the well being of themselves and those with whom one is closely associated.
- Pride (within this context) in your skin color is meaningless and superficial

- African pride doesn't work for North American Blacks because Sub Saharan (Negroid) Africans are what's being referenced to and not North African Arabs or the white Afrikaaners.

I don't think anyone actually believes that black pride or brown pride is not in part an allusion to skin colour. After all, how often do we hear people talk about those damned Irish, or Romanian. They always refer to them as white people. Every pejorative is directed at skin colour, and every sentiment of pride is expressed as skin colour. If this was simple ethnicity and not colour, this wouldn't occur.

I'm out for the night. Take her easy.

I hear damn Mc's, Limey, Dago, Pollack, Wopp etc all the time

You should read about the Chichimecan wars, the spanish had a really hard time making war in such a large country like Mexico, so they had to use a mixture of diplomacy and religion.

The most brutal parts were the initial conquest in part because there was not anyone to actually enforce the laws of the kings and the rights of the natives, that doesnt changes the fact that it was the clergy the one that kept pressing the crown to stop the abuses.

I have no doubt that some of the clergy were good men and pressed for the abuses to stop. I also believe some priests were more interested in gaining treasure on earth than in heaven, like those who could not baptize Montezuma because they were too busy collecting gold.

1000+ posts. Locking. Someone create a v2 and link the previous thread if you want to continue discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back