What do you think of this voting system I came up with?

Winner should be determinated by most people who voted for x

• Total voters
Maybe run the maths again.

5 tables of 3 = 15
one member of one of those dissents leaving 14 people wanting to watch game A
table of 14 + 1 dissenter want to see Game B = 15
What am I missing, help me out?

5 tables of 3 = 15
one member of one of those dissents leaving 14 people wanting to watch game A
table of 14 + 1 dissenter want to see Game B = 15
What am I missing, help me out?

Who does the dissident from Dallas want to watch?

This was a role playing scenario. You played the role of a rogue lone dog owner I subverted your expectations
That waz quite the subversion... I feel so subverted

Like my drug dealer always says, “where am I?”

Hey guys I want to tell you about my voting scenario and let me know what you think.

The premise is it's movie night at Clippy's!

We're trying to determine what to watch: Terminator II or Star Wars: Last Jedi.

Me and the wife both pick Terminator II, so that's 2 votes so far, ok?

Well I call around, house to house - here's the results.

@EvilDDS house wants to watch Last Jedi - he lives alone

@Peteyandjia house wants to watch Terminator II! That's a household of 2 adults and children all agreeing to this movie.

@Myrddin Wild house wants to watch Last Jedi - one vote cause he lives alone and has a dog but dogs can't vote

@Mike house and wife agree to watch T2

@One MMA Fan lives alone in his house and picks last jedi

@BisexualMMA has two roommates - all agree to T2

@Mariah Larry who lives alone picks Last Jedi

@Ottawaguy and his Canadian roommate pick Last Jedi

Ok let's do a count here, we have:

11 people picked Terminator 2

6 picked Last Jedi

Are you with me so far?

Here's where things get buggy: In the tradition of my family, we go by house votes alone.
So that means:

4 houses picked Terminator 2

5 houses picked Last Jedi

Because of this system I have to go with Last Jedi, it had the most HOUSE votes. People are upset cause it did not win the popular vote and I'm being asked why we use this system.

Well it was handed down to my family from my Great Great Grandfather and we can't break tradition. Isn't that a fucked up system?

Nobody is happy and people are complaining the whole night saying things like "Terminator 2" won. Too bad, we're half way through the film. I'm not even happy with this but it's the system damn it.

This is the problem I have with the electrical college on the USA. Hilary won 65,853,514 to 62,984,828. But that doesn't matter - due to a very outdated archaic and arbitrary system she lost on the points system

348px-ElectoralCollege2016.svg.png

It's a fucking game show. It doesn't matter how many actual votes you have, it's all about winning The States are Right!

tumblr_llsr59TGIs1qi1nl2.png
I'm your host Bob Barker are you ready to play?

OH BOY WE SURE ARE

tumblr_llsr59TGIs1qi1nl2.png
Congratulations Mr. Trump you got the correct combination of points in this game and won despite NOT GETTING THE MOST ACTUAL PEOPLE VOTE FOR YOU

40674438_293505681448942_6677370047180046336_n.png

DO YOU GET IT

But feel free to bring up randomly later that "Hillary Lost" - just say it randomly over and over again to heat people up. You're the ones not over it - not us
“Electrical college”. <45>
I’m in. Terminators are superior to Star Warriors all day every day.

I have 16 adult children, each of them married. Add my wife and i and it’s 34 votes for TLJ.

Here's a scenario, I challenge you to a game of chess, we both have 5 minutes to make our moves. Just as I'm about to checkmate you my time runs out. You win. I'm not happy and make the argument that I would have won if the rules were diffrent, if we add in just 1 or 2 seconds win was mine. People agree with me and I get the win.

This, changing some rules after a competition been held, is not "fair" and how you get a corrupted system. The problem is that you can always change a few variables for another outcome happens.

I never voted and never will most likley. Personally I don't mind your voting rules. But I doubt how much of an impact they would really have, your vote is still one that hardly matters. It would change how politicans approatch an election slightly and give some a temporary feel of improvment till next thing to complain about comes up. Also there is no guarantee that your wanted politicans would score this new game better, as the "opposition" would change strategy and might addapt better.

But if you want to new rules in any competition, you make those rules clear prior to the competition, not after the results are in.

I don't like Trump either, but the popular vote vs. electoral college vote argument is a non-starter. Both campaigns knew the rules they were playing by and planned accordingly.

It's more like the 10 point must system in MMA. If Fighter wins two close rounds and Fighter Two wins one round decisively, it's 29-28 for Fighter One. Don't like it? Change it. But don't assume Fighter Two would have won under Pride rules, because both fighters would have approached the fight differently.

Also, if you take leftist California out of the equation, Trump won the popular vote. If you also take leftist New York out of the equation, Trump won the popular vote decisively.

So, it isn't that Hillary was robbed by a flawed system. America is a deeply divided country in which a large number of disenfranchised people distrust a corrupted and fucked up system enough to elect a delusional buffoon because he was a loud outsider who accurately reflected their anger.

Most of the people who like Trump don't even like him that much. They recognize that he's largely a train wreck, but regard him as something less of a train wreck than the alternatives. Unless the Dems can produce at least one viable candidate, the PC culture that is infesting western culture gets rooted out and destroyed and the laughably ineffectual and biased media start to take their social responsibility seriously, you should get ready for more Trump or more destructive populist Presidents (Bernie? Same problem, different part of the political spectrum).

Trump isn't the problem. Trump is a symptom of the problem. And so is Justin, btw. (And Bernie. And Hillary. And Obama.)

Anyway, it's too early for this shit. The correct answer is that if it's my TV, I pick the movie and I'm watching the original Terminator.

Lol... After telling your best friend about your wife & he still thinks you live alone & have a dog that doesn't exist.....
At least he gave you a dog in his made up scenario. He has me all alone, I'm one step away from living in a van down by the river in this crazy world that he's crafted.

That's ok though, I'm picking up a cat today from the shelter, named Conky. His owner passed away after being run over, REPEATEDLY, by a car on Magnetic Hill out in N.B.

At least he gave you a dog in his made up scenario. He has me all alone, I'm one step away from living in a van down by the river in this crazy world that he's crafted.

That's ok though, I'm picking up a cat today from the shelter, named Conky. His owner passed away after being run over, REPEATEDLY, by a car on Magnetic Hill out in N.B.

And after I let you into my house to watch Last Jedi with us all

Here's a scenario, I challenge you to a game of chess, we both have 5 minutes to make our moves. Just as I'm about to checkmate you my time runs out. You win. I'm not happy and make the argument that I would have won if the rules were diffrent, if we add in just 1 or 2 seconds win was mine. People agree with me and I get the win.

This, changing some rules after a competition been held, is not "fair" and how you get a corrupted system. The problem is that you can always change a few variables for another outcome happens.

I never voted and never will most likley. Personally I don't mind your voting rules. But I doubt how much of an impact they would really have, your vote is still one that hardly matters. It would change how politicans approatch an election slightly and give some a temporary feel of improvment till next thing to complain about comes up. Also there is no guarantee that your wanted politicans would score this new game better, as the "opposition" would change strategy and might addapt better.

But if you want to new rules in any competition, you make those rules clear prior to the competition, not after the results are in.

So you can never change election rules regardless of societal changes, shifting populations, or loss/acquisition of territory?

I agree we can't go changing the rules every election and every time things don't go the way we would have liked, but neither should some ancient set of rules be held as sacrosanct as though the creators of those rules were some mythical all-seeing gods. Society changes and our government needs to change as well, although of course the degree to which government follows societal shifts must have an inherent lag and damping factor.

These liberals STILL crying about the voting? Jeez?

And what are you canadians complaining about? You guys are STILL part of England!

Its T-2 or BUST

I’m confused here. I want T-2. Why do I have to go to some college to get it?

Back