Movies What do you make of MCU's resume?

i give them much more credit and value than you do. i think they are among the best films ever made. especially in their capacity to cinematize (i made that word up) faith and joy and hope.

Nope, that's incorrect. best MCU films are excellent and some of the best in their genre and action of this decade, but that's where the praise ends for me that i'm a fan as i said before.

The directors are good and the technical aspects/plotting is well made but not revolutionary.

The only comic book films i'd put among the best films ever made are The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2.

Nope, that's incorrect. best MCU films are excellent and some of the best in their genre and action of this decade, but that's where the praise ends for me that i'm a fan as i said before.

The directors are good and the technical aspects/plotting is well made but not revolutionary.

The only comic book films i'd put among the best films ever made are The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2.

Incorrect? lol.

Well im sorry you dont see more in them.

right? lol.

Of course. There are 3 that are some of my favorite films, and in context of their intent and genre, they work well and are entertaining and well made.

I own all or their films, and will watch the next ones or series. But I wouldn’t say most of them are that great or some of the best films ever made.

some of the best action films of this decade, I’d say yes

some of the best comic book films, sure

Iron Man 1 was great.

They changed many origin stories over the decade for other characters.
That's not so good imo.

ive hardly seen any of these films.

Lmao that’s a good one

please tell me you don’t actually think the “MCU” is something more than just blockbuster cash grabs for comic book nerds and children.

Joker may as well be a Scorsese film.

please tell me you don’t actually think the “MCU” is something more than just blockbuster cash grabs for comic book nerds and children.

Well it does have Bob De Niro in it… yes Joker did want to be a Scorsese film but seemed more like an imitation.

The best Scorsese films warrant repeat viewings but there’s no way I’d sit through that dirge again

Warner Bros is desperately pumping out unrelated DC movies after movies hoping they'd find success with some of them. The Joker was nothing but another desperate cash grab attempt that succeeded.

The only thing that makes Joker even remotely superhero-ish are that it happened in Gotham City with the occasional Wayne references. If they swapped out Gotham and Wayne, it'd simply be a non-superhero psychological drama. The Joker honestly doesn't belong in the superhero genre and doesn't make sense to compare it so.

Decent popcorn flix with a few legit great movies in there (Infinity War, Guardians 1).

They definitely did a good job putting the whole thing together. (Don't know how much of that was just taken from the comics though)

46f77268fdc6f93e48ffce608655dd04.jpg

It's been a decade, and they’re still going strong, and making fun and well made films, and receiving good critical acclaim and box office gross.

what do you make of the entire mcu? Like them, love them, don’t care about them

Just post your thoughts

Phase 1 was great
Phase 2 was ok
Phase 3 was garbage
Phase 4 looks atrocious

Not in a million years as a kid would I have thought the MCU would become what it has, let alone exist at all. The comic book nerd in me will always STAN for comic book movies. I may not like them all, but I appreciate their existence.

I watched that steaming pile of shit “Hulk” (2003) and swore I’d never watch another superhero movie again.

Glad I kept that promise

Not in a million years as a kid would I have thought the MCU would become what it has, let alone exist at all. The comic book nerd in me will always STAN for comic book movies. I may not like them all, but I appreciate their existence.

I am with you.

In the 90's, all we had were the Tim Burton Batman movies and the old Superman movies (which were dated AF). I know the 90's Batman was a big success but I had zero interest in them because they were so campy. They were nothing like I envisioned the comics.

the first superhero movie that made me feel like I was watching a comic was The X-Men. now they are so good and so commonplace, it is easy to take them for granted

Back