Movies What do you make of MCU's resume?

I Fusion I

Everything you can imagine is real
@Brown
Reaction score
46f77268fdc6f93e48ffce608655dd04.jpg

It's been a decade, and they’re still going strong, and making fun and well made films, and receiving good critical acclaim and box office gross.

what do you make of the entire mcu? Like them, love them, don’t care about them

Just post your thoughts

Marvel Comics basically laid out a lot of good source material for them to just follow, so kinda hard to fuck that up, similar to Star Wars. If you can't make huge success when someone else serves it up for you, you should get a diff job in diff industry.

Marvel Comics basically laid out a lot of good source material for them to just follow, so kinda hard to fuck that up, similar to Star Wars. If you can't make huge success when someone else serves it up for you, you should get a diff job in diff industry.

I think a lot of movies struggle to capture the quality of their source material. You hear it all the time how the books were so much better than the resulting movies.

I give a lot of credit to MCU for creating the coherent story lines over dozens of movies and different characters. And they were able to capture the attention of new audiences, casuals, without alienating comic book fans.

For me that's been a very impressive feat, and will be very hard to replicate.

Look at the mess DC is creating, they arguably have better source material and the movies are garbage in comparison.

Adore it so much I added Disney...

I enjoyed most of these movies, but I'm getting less and less excited for the new ones. Not because they're bad, but because there's just so many superhero movies now that I'm just not as interested in any new ones anymore.

You can see that they almost nearly "there" but always fall short or fekk it up for the most part...

Are they? To me they seem to miss what makes these comics and thier characters great.

The justice league is a complete fuck up. If i had my way i'd have them scrap it and start over.

Have you seen the animated dark knight returns? Thats an example of DC comics done well.

They're generally fun, mindless entertainment and that's when they're at their best. I didn't care for the bloated, 3 hour plus Infinity and End Game. Just not very fun. However I saw Venom 2 the other day and really enjoyed it.

I've only watched a few MCU films, and they all blured together for me. I think for how much money and talented people go into them they are bloated, loud and boring.

Back