What do you do when a guy comes to your door?

If your first reaction to hearing a bump in the night is sheer terror, the rancher life may not be for you. No shame in that. It is not an easy lifestyle (and one that I left when I could. Although, in my case, it was not due to fear of roving bands of ninjas).
Nothing to do with terror.

Tell me what someone who doesn't know you would be doing on your property, right near your house in the dead of night?

They did not come knock on the door, they're just walking about your property. Maybe they checked to see if the doors are locked? You just walk out and say hello unarmed? GTFO.

Don't give me BS about rancher life dude. Strangers milling around your property out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night they are not there to just say hello unless they make it real obvious that's what they're doing. And even then, strangers showing up and acting friendly is suspicious.

Has nothing to do with terror. I know my neighbors. My neighbors would not show up unannounced unless it was an emergency and it would be made obvious they needed help. I don't know where you live but where I live you show up on someone's property in the middle of the night sneaking around you probably going to see a gun.

WTF do you do then? Invite them in for coffee so you can be a victim of a home invasion. Moron.

I mean, I ain't looking to shoot someone if I don't have to but you start breaking into my house or I tell you to leave and instead you come at me you're getting shot.

Nothing to do with terror.

Tell me what someone who doesn't know you would be doing on your property, right near your house in the dead of night?

They did not come knock on the door, they're just walking about your property. Maybe they checked to see if the doors are locked? You just walk out and say hello unarmed? GTFO.

Don't give me BS about rancher life dude. Strangers milling around your property out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night they are not there to just say hello unless they make it real obvious that's what they're doing. And even then, strangers showing up and acting friendly is suspicious.

Has nothing to do with terror. I know my neighbors. My neighbors would not show up unannounced unless it was an emergency and it would be made obvious they needed help. I don't know where you live but where I live you show up on someone's property in the middle of the night sneaking around you probably going to see a gun.

WTF do you do then? Invite them in for coffee so you can be a victim of a home invasion. Moron.

I mean, I ain't looking to shoot someone if I don't have to but you start breaking into my house or I tell you to leave and instead you come at me you're getting shot.

you are not scared but you are in full gear paranoid fever dream territory. now they are "home invaders" breaking into your (probably suburban) home

I lived on a ranch for 18 years. we occasionally had people come to our place in the middle of the night. usually nieghbors. sometimes strangers. dogs bark. yard light comes on. no need to clutch a gun.

I guess you live in the mad max wastelands or whatever. I hope you and your family stay alive.

Back