What do when nothing in common with your wife?

Um I hate to tell you bro, but ideally you don't marry a girl you have nothing in common with

Does humor count?

I have zero interests in common with my fiancee other than big UFC events. But we can talk for hours everyday because our talks are just stupidly hilarious.

Tbh I'm just terrible at relationships and so is everyone I know lol

{<shrug}

If you are truly that terrible that horrible with relationships, then you might as well just go with my friends and I call the "nuclear option."

Bang and impregnate as many chicks as humanly possible and then leave the U.S.

Do the same in every country you go to. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your life.

If you're truly that bad with relationships and have no hope of raising a family, why not do this lol?

Please don't do this lol

If you are truly that terrible that horrible with relationships, then you might as well just go with my friends and I call the "nuclear option."

Bang and impregnate as many chicks as humanly possible and then leave the U.S.

Do the same in every country you go to. Rinse and repeat for the rest of your life.

If you're truly that bad with relationships and have no hope of raising a family, why not do this lol?

Please don't do this lol
Lol yeah I'm not doing that. Well another breakup looms for me soon prolly. And I kid you not I can hear an unpleasant domestic argument as I type this.

<puh-lease75>

<{ByeHomer}>

I'm liking the 2 floor system, though...seems pretty sweet. I had a 2 bed setup for several years...wife and kid slept across the room while I dozed in the bigger bed. Wife would creep over in the night, morning, or whenever she wanted to steal my thunder...then fade back to her bed with the child. That worked extremely well for many years. But no man cave...lol

Sex once a year. We are both fine with it. I'd rather jerk off anyway.
<{vega}>

Bro that’s real bad. Shocked you two are still married.

You need to talk about it together, maybe even get counseling.

What do you guys do when you have nothing in common with your wife? I have been married for over 15 years. At this point we have nothing common at all. Zero. Its a clam, benign relationship, like slow dripping faucet. The longest marathon of life. We love each other. Spend no time together other than chores. I moved down (entire first floor is my man cave). 2nd floor is hers. This is amazing, best set up ever!!!!! We don't have the same taste in TV shows/ movies, friends, sports, nothing. We have young kids though. That's the only/strongest bond. Can't divorce, I can't afford it financially and it would smash my kids plus I'd die alone and miserable. Not worth it.

Now, if we were just dating, its easy to break up. Breaking up with a girlfriends is easy as pie, no hassle, commitment, etc. But in this situation...no way.

Woah... you sure are late... Dating is the part where you figure out if you two are a good match and find out what you have in common. Surely you realized all that before you two tied the knot? Btw, I know there's a popular phrase that says "opposites attract", but I don't feel that works for most married couples. My wife and I have many common interests (which we discovered waaaay before there were even talks of marriage) and it really helps keep our marriage entertaining (we've been together for over a decade, married for a couple of years less than that) and we always go out together and do various activities together.

I don't know what to tell you. Seems like you've already decided to keep the marriage going. Just make sure to teach your kids to not jump into marriage blindly...

Last edited:
What do you guys do when you have nothing in common with your wife? I have been married for over 15 years. At this point we have nothing common at all. Zero. Its a clam, benign relationship, like slow dripping faucet. The longest marathon of life. We love each other. Spend no time together other than chores. I moved down (entire first floor is my man cave). 2nd floor is hers. This is amazing, best set up ever!!!!! We don't have the same taste in TV shows/ movies, friends, sports, nothing. We have young kids though. That's the only/strongest bond. Can't divorce, I can't afford it financially and it would smash my kids plus I'd die alone and miserable. Not worth it.

Now, if we were just dating, its easy to break up. Breaking up with a girlfriends is easy as pie, no hassle, commitment, etc. But in this situation...no way.
Do you still bang

You sound just like me and my wife.

The trick is to spend time apart. Just avoid her as much as you can without harming the relationship.

If she misses you, that's good for the relationship. If she's sick of you, that's bad for the relationship.

Just do that until the kids are grown. Then you can decide if you want to stay with her or not.

But having things in common is overrated. I mean, you have a dick. Does that mean you want someone with a dick?

It can actually be healthy. Like I'm strong in the areas where she weak, and she's strong in the areas that don't matter.

Give me your wife's number then

Honestly I think you're being selfish about the bjj, a bit childish.

You say it's for your mental health but I expect you'd be able to find some other ways to achieve it, it just won't be as easy as doing what you do already. Football is it for me, I've had to replace with surfing. It's not as good but it's better in some ways.

Re your relationship, which should be the most important thing in your life, for yours and your kids sakes:

I think you should suggest taking up a hobby together. Ball room dancing for example, it's ridiculous but kinda amusing. It can be socially distanced whilst you have a live in partner.

You should suggest sharing a bedroom imo. Maybe not straight away.

At this point it's downhill to fuck up your relationship, you need to put the work in to fix it and you gotta hope she's interested in doing the same.

Maybe talk to her about it all?

Um I hate to tell you bro, but ideally you don't marry a girl you have nothing in common with

People change, the trick is that if you both try to change to better adapt to the other partner you have the best chance at a rewarding relationship.

The problems start when people pull in different directions or as some have suggested ITT you just encourage them to like your hobbies (narcissism).

Sounds like you made a poor decision. If you prefer being alone rather than doing something with your wife that's a bad sign. A lil alone time is normal but if that's your total preference you should be divorced.

She is covid paranoid, and because I do BJJ secretly because of fines, she keeps a 2 meter distance from me in the house. She sprays everything with alcohol. It's getting bad now my brother. It's either my health / mental sanity to go out or her happiness at this point.
What you wanna put first man, BJJ or your marriage, seems like a simple choice that will answer all your questions

If you still find your wife attractive I'd try to make it work and maybe do some couples counseling. If you are repulsed by her then it is time to move on. It can be scary at the thought of starting all over again but it is equally scary to spend the rest of your life with someone you don't like being around.
Lots of kids grow up with divorced parents and turn out fine. Don't let that be the reason to trap you in the relationship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back