What do when nothing in common with your wife?

mmafan2000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys do when you have nothing in common with your wife? I have been married for over 15 years. At this point we have nothing common at all. Zero. Its a clam, benign relationship, like slow dripping faucet. The longest marathon of life. We love each other. Spend no time together other than chores. I moved down (entire first floor is my man cave). 2nd floor is hers. This is amazing, best set up ever!!!!! We don't have the same taste in TV shows/ movies, friends, sports, nothing. We have young kids though. That's the only/strongest bond. Can't divorce, I can't afford it financially and it would smash my kids plus I'd die alone and miserable. Not worth it.

Now, if we were just dating, its easy to break up. Breaking up with a girlfriends is easy as pie, no hassle, commitment, etc. But in this situation...no way.

You're obviously not happy

Divorce her and be happy again. The "fear" is causing you to become a coward, preventing you from breaking free of miseru that youre clearly used to.

You deserve it..I guarantee you shes feeling the same way you are.

There are too many loveless passionless marriages out there, where both spousss are miserable but stay together because that's all they know.

Dont be stupid. Don't be a coward.

Also, when you say "plus I'd die alone and miserable" do you understand how much of a little bitch that makes you look? Have some fucking pride in yourself, pussy. You've lost all confidence and pride in yourself because of your failed miserable marriage. Your wife knows that too.

Last edited:
Develop some?
Surely things like going for a nice walk or eating some tasty food are in everyones best interest.

She is covid paranoid, and because I do BJJ secretly because of fines, she keeps a 2 meter distance from me in the house. She sprays everything with alcohol. It's getting bad now my brother. It's either my health / mental sanity to go out or her happiness at this point.

I'm not understanding how you've been together for 15 years and have no commonalities, that's very perplexing.

Wtf was the initial reason y'all got together?

What does this mean?

I think over time you grow apart. It's natural. We are settled in our ways. Kids were our bond.

I mean I train in Brazilian jiujitsu and roll around with sweat and strangers at the gym. We do it secretly because the government is issuing fines to gyms that are open. My wife knows this and keeps a 2 meter distance from me at all times because she is covid paranoid. I have no covid fear. Bad matchup with my wife at this point. Covid is adding to marriage stress. The lockdowns are the worst thing on health, family, relationships, economy.

She is covid paranoid, and because I do BJJ secretly because of fines, she keeps a 2 meter distance from me in the house. She sprays everything with alcohol. It's getting bad now my brother. It's either my health / mental sanity to go out or her happiness at this point.

Sucks man! I can only suggest trying to be proud of what you do have with her still, and hope that things will change. Covid fucking loads of Relationships up, know that you're not alone and try and make positive change wherever you can.. If you really need to Divorce and see nothing to salvage, you should really have a difficult talk with her about it.

I have learned without kids, there is no point to being married. (Unless there are financial benefits like taxes and legal status). Or if you get too old and heinous to find a girl. Or if you don't want to die alone.

What do you guys do when you have nothing in common with your wife? I have been married for over 15 years. At this point we have nothing common at all. Zero. Its a clam, benign relationship, like slow dripping faucet. The longest marathon of life. We love each other. Spend no time together other than chores. I moved down (entire first floor is my man cave). 2nd floor is hers. This is amazing, best set up ever!!!!! We don't have the same taste in TV shows/ movies, friends, sports, nothing. We have young kids though. That's the only/strongest bond. Can't divorce, I can't afford it financially and it would smash my kids plus I'd die alone and miserable. Not worth it.

Now, if we were just dating, its easy to break up. Breaking up with a girlfriends is easy as pie, no hassle, commitment, etc. But in this situation...no way.
Try dating her. Treat her like you would someone you just met and find things to do with her.
Are you having sex?

Can't divorce, I can't afford it financially and it would smash my kids plus I'd die alone and miserable. Not worth it..

you better hope she feels the same way, otherwise you're going to have little say in the matter. Why'd you get married in the first place? I'd suggest you guys find a sitter and do some nights out. If you guys have lasted through the pandemic this long then you're probably not that dysfunctional.

Um I hate to tell you bro, but ideally you don't marry a girl you have nothing in common with
Let's be honest..most women don't know what they like. They're just following trends. With some selected videos I managed to get my wife into both mma and motocross, my sports. If you show a passion, she will follow.

Back