• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

This is absolutely fucking insane that a mod has merged this thread with cops doing something wrong when it has yet to be proven that anything was done that was wrong. Meanwhile, five roe v wade threads/Clarence Thomas threads is fine? Give me a fucking break

So, the problem is what? They killed him too much? I'll wait to see bodycam footage and read about the evidence. But if you fire a gun at police, you shouldn't expect much less. That's a great way to wind up as another name on an NFL player's helmet.

Unless a person is very obviously deceased, like decapitation or something, only a coroner can declare them dead officially. They cuff them in case they're playing possum. Standard procedure in most places I believe.

it’s for shock value. Omg, they shot him 60 times! Personally, I think it is telling that they fired so many shots. It proves they really feared for their lives because of the reports he was shooting a gun. Whether he did, or not, we won’t know until Sunday. I guess I will have to make another thread then since they keep merging shit and automatically assume the cops did something wrong. I wish I knew which mod keeps doing this shit. Meanwhile, we have five or so threads on roe v wade or Clarence Thomas or gas prices

And I know that it is common practice to cuff them, but maybe that needs to go away in cases where the guy was shot 60 times unless you plan on letting him near the gun, which in this case, was reportedly in the car still

it’s for shock value. Omg, they shot him 60 times! Personally, I think it is telling that they fired so many shots. It proves they really feared for their lives because of the reports he was shooting a gun. Whether he did, or not, we won’t know until Sunday. I guess I will have to make another thread then since they keep merging shit and automatically assume the cops did something wrong. I wish I knew which mod keeps doing this shit. Meanwhile, we have five or so threads on roe v wade or Clarence Thomas or gas prices

And I know that it is common practice to cuff them, but maybe that needs to go away in cases where the guy was shot 60 times unless you plan on letting him near the gun, which in this case, was reportedly in the car still

If it looks bad for the cops, they'll allow an ACAB thread to go nuts. If the police appear to be justified, they'll merge it or dump it entirely.

If it looks bad for the cops, they'll allow an ACAB thread to go nuts. If the police appear to be justified, they'll merge it or dump it entirely.

I sent a message explaining my plans for this thread and I hope they reconsider. If it ends up being a bad shoot, fine, dump it here, but until then, it’s a good conversation and this story has potential to be the next big police story since Patrick lyola. Akron is poised to burst depending on how this plays out. If the shooting is bad, and there are riots, you know damn well we will get several threads on those. I just want a fair shot. And I actually considered not making the thread until today because my last few cop threads have been dumped, but I also thought they would recognize the potential this story has.

Hitting him 60 times is ridiculous.

It depends why they shot him. If the shooting was justified, then five shots or sixty doesn’t matter. It was 8 officers unloaded in what was clearly a perceived threat if they fired 90 times

60 bullets is a waste of tax payers money tbf, use any more than 10 to kill a suspect and they should have it pay the excess out of their own wages.

Over 90 shots fired, only 66% hit rate
I’m sure some officers hit the alleged offender with a very high % of their shots fired and others missed depending on their position and what was in their line of sight. Some officers aren’t the greatest when it comes to marksmanship but that falls into training and funding and is a different topic entirely.

1YvA.gif

im curious to see the video. Also want to see if they have video of him firing at the police while driving. I know the 60-90 shots fired or whatever the number is that they are throwing around sounds terrible, but in todays world where there is so much pressure on police to NOT shoot or else face the wrath regardless of justification, the fact numerous cops felt the need to unload leads me to think there must have been something pretty bad to cause that reaction. Well soon see.

I’m sure some officers hit the alleged offender with a very high % of their shots fired and others missed depending on their position and what was in their line of sight. Some officers aren’t the greatest when it comes to marksmanship but that falls into training and funding and is a different topic entirely.

Shooting at the range is one thing, in the field it’s an entirely different animal. I will never forget the first time I did training at the range with officers to my left and right and we shot at the same target. We entered the range through a door and were presented a target but we’re only a foot or two apart. Feeling, hearing, and seeing the other officers shoot at the same time really fucked with me. I was never a great marksman. Above average and sometimes a really good shot (usually around 90/100 five or take a few) but the first day we did this, I couldn’t hit shit. Seeing the officers in my peripheral vision and anticipating their shot made my accuracy take a dump. Maybe you’re hyper focused during the re thing or don’t notice the other officers, but that drill was an eye opener

im curious to see the video. Also want to see if they have video of him firing at the police while driving. I know the 60-90 shots fired or whatever the number is that they are throwing around sounds terrible, but in todays world where there is so much pressure on police to NOT shoot or else face the wrath regardless of justification, the fact numerous cops felt the need to unload leads me to think there must have been something pretty bad to cause that reaction. Well soon see.

The attorney described it. He talked about the brutality of it. He stressed that Walker did not have a gun on him or near him, which seemed to admit to me that there was one in the car. The officers attempted to tase him twice and then he turns is what it sounded like to me. Based upon the previous report that he was shooting at officers, I am guessing that him turning was enough to trigger a 90 bullet storm.

But I thought the same thing-that if 8 officers almost emptied their guns on him, there had to have been something that was perceived as a threat. Some action, movement, fact (if he did shoot at officers), that garnered such a response. It’s not like two of them shot-every one of them did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back