• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime What did the cops do wrong today Megathread Vol. 6 ? (who knows, lots of cop threads)

Manslaughter then, either way. Tazing someone on the street is like shooting the person behind the criminal. It is sloppy bullshit. He knew he was on the highway, and the cop was in no danger. He has the whole run through the grass to decide what he was going to do. That is too much tunnel vision to be competent, but probably homicide.

Nope. The run through the grass was too far out of taser range(25 feet) and he didn’t have the opportunity to taze him before he slowed down to climb over the barricade. I believe he simply lost sight of his precise location and this falls on the guy running.

Nope. The run through the grass was too far out of taser range(25 feet) and he didn’t have the opportunity to taze him before he slowed down to climb over the barricade. I believe he simply lost sight of his precise location and this falls on the guy running.

Guess we will see.

Yep I guess they could do what one department did here. Make it a policy that tazing anyone anywhere but on the grass would get you wrote up and un padded time off. So the cops just decided not to use their tazers for thr most part. If the person ran they say it's was a danger to the suspect to use the tazer and if they got away oh well.

In this case the officer messed up and even though it was not intended the results should be a city pay out within reason and some department retraining and department punishment for the officer.

Yep I guess they could do what one department did here. Make it a policy that tazing anyone anywhere but on the grass would get you wrote up and un padded time off. So the cops just decided not to use their tazers for thr most part. If the person ran they say it's was a danger to the suspect to use the tazer and if they got away oh well.

In this case the officer messed up and even though it was not intended the results should be a city pay out within reason and some department retraining and department punishment for the officer.

Oh, I believe a payout will be coming for both the family and the driver, who was no doubt traumatized by this.

AAOK_sAAEtx_.jpg

Slide found shot 14 times near Boston city hall plaza. The officer feared for his life.

Last edited:
I don't know if that kid got lucky or not ....my mother would have thrown hands at me for that on sight for months if I was in that kids shoes.

I would have rather wrapped the car around a tree than had to look in my dad's eyes after that ticket. Then again, this rich kid probably doesn't give a fuck and will probably be bragging about it at school the next day.

Cop power-tripping cause he can.

Here's the update on this story from the local news.

The guy got the surveillance video from the store that proves he wasn't in any way driving recklessly in the parking lot and didn't almost cause an accident.

Also, in Texas, cops can't even issue the type of ticket that he got on private property.

The cop is still under internal affairs "investigation" after two months despite clear video evidence that he went after this guy for no reason and wrongly detained him in a first amendment retaliation for disputing the ticket.

Looks like it's just a paid vacation for him until people calm down and move on to something else.

A cop tries to shoot a 5 lbs dog but shoots a lady instead.

"I didn't shoot her."

Well, who did? Was Jason Bourne on the rooftop of the house next door?

Pit-maneuvering and ticketing a family trying to get a Mom possibly having a heart attack to the Hospital:

The statement about medical emergencies not exempting people from traffic laws is horsesh*t. Gives police a basis for being dis-compassionate and collecting revenue even when someone is f*ckin dying.

We found 85,000 cops who’ve been investigated for misconduct. Now you can read their records.

"Among the findings:

• Most misconduct involves routine infractions, but the records reveal tens of thousands of cases of serious misconduct and abuse. They include 22,924 investigations of officers using excessive force, 3,145 allegations of rape, child molestation and other sexual misconduct and 2,307 cases of domestic violence by officers.
  • Dishonesty is a frequent problem. The records document at least 2,227 instances of perjury, tampering with evidence or witnesses or falsifying reports. There were 418 reports of officers obstructing investigations, most often when they or someone they knew were targets.
  • Less than 10% of officers in most police forces get investigated for misconduct. Yet some officers are consistently under investigation. Nearly 2,500 have been investigated on 10 or more charges. Twenty faced 100 or more allegations yet kept their badge for years."

We’re making those records public

The records USA TODAY and its partners gathered include tens of thousands of internal investigations, lawsuit settlements and secret separation deals dating back to the 1960s.

They include names of at least 5,000 police officers whose credibility as witnesses has been called into question. These officers have been placed on Brady lists, created to track officers whose actions must be disclosed to defendants if their testimony is relied upon to prosecute someone.

Search the list of more than 30,000 police officers banned by 44 states.

Back