What are your MMA pet peeves?

The 115 lb division for women is already more exciting than multiple men's divisions. It also contains more talent than the men's HW division.

Yeah,, definitely more talented. I'm sure they would KO them all.
<Y2JSmirk>

Nah, definitely not "certain" divisions, you don't even believe that bullshit. LOL at insecure. The only one who is insecure are bums who try to convince themselves that it is as good as MMA. Do you actually believe they could compete with the men? If not, then stop pretending they are as good as them, it's pathetic.
Apples and oranges, Sherbro. Just try watching the fight next time, without obsessing over the genitals of the fighter.

Also USADA, I'd like a world where PEDs are regulated and able to be used for recovery and injuries, again not sure how this could be legislated.

"Recovery and injuries" have always been a codeword for "I got caught and need to make an excuse". PEDs are not valid for recovery and injuries, except in rare situations.

Lack of basic boxing fundamentals at the highest levels of MMA.
Yes. Wrestling was my life growing up and it kills me when great jiu jitsu fighters can't even shoot a single or double (or anyone but them especially for obvious reasons). The mindset of all I need is my jiu jitsu has floundered consistently through the years especially as the skill level in all aspects improves. Just fundamentals in all aspects, but the wrestling part urks me the worst.

I probably used all my likes in this thread. I guess more shit annoys me than I thought lol.

Thinking because a particular champion is of your specific Race, Ethnicity, or Nationality means you can use it to show superiority in some way.

I’ve seen so many YouTube comment arguments, Reddit arguments, and a few on here doing this.

Bad judging, and all the bad judges that get away with it.

Shitty wmma/low level mma fighters with no business being in the UFC to pad out the 2-3 fights that are worth watching per card unless big PPV/Good fight night.

The fact USADA was brought in at all when there was already commissions to handle drug testing.

The fans mostly. Bunch of basement dwelling neckbeards.

"Resumes playing video games for 12 hours"

Almost every event fighters are hyped up on how they have a BJJ black belt, and as soon as the fight hits the ground turns out they don't even know what they're doing down there. My cousin at subway could give me a black belt if he wanted to.

Fun fact: Mcgregor was awarded his brown belt after KO'ing Poirier in their first bout.

1OdaLVeOBFMbaWOoJ6CgbV-wvusRLDKW1MP7lLD9vcI.jpg
Fans thinking a fighter in unbeatable.

Long armed strikers (Generally) doing ground and pound after they knockdown their opponents. IT just looks fucking horrible.

Case in point Izzy, I just hate everything about his ground and pound. He sticks his front leg in such weird positions and then wails on his opponent in such a strange way. I can't exactly explain why I hate it so much, but I do.

ClearcutHauntingFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

BelatedDistinctGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

Conor had a couple of bad ones as well, his TKO of Brimage was so unaesthetic on the ground.
EYFU.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Single gayest thing in ANY sport, and that includes figure skating.

Mouth smother, kicks to the knee (oblique kick), Floor 'n' Bore, ground control with no damage counting for anything at all, inactivity... standing OR on the mat/cage.
Mismatches, retarded fans, insecure fans. MMA in a boxing ring... it doesn't fucking work.... you need a cage to keep the fighters on the fighting surface.
No "interleague" fights.

The belief that anything current MUST be the best eva!!

Fortunately, the good dramatically outweighs the lame.
Fuck I forgot the mouth smother. I automatically root against anyone who does that. It is dirty as fuck, and I can't believe its not banned.

"Recovery and injuries" have always been a codeword for "I got caught and need to make an excuse". PEDs are not valid for recovery and injuries, except in rare situations.

PEDs won't help recovery and injuries, really? I'm no doctor but I don't believe that is the case.

- Fight winner hugging, kissing, and raising the arm of the guy he just KO'd. Just leave the guy alone and let him be salty ffs....

- Anik always talking about fighter's home town / country and their kids.

- Stand ups. If you can't get up, that's your problem, you already get a free reset after every round. Ridiculous rule.

People that call contenders, former world champions or title challengers journeymen or club fighters.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to a single podcast since he changed providers last year, but I don't get the Rogan hate. Still the greatest of all time commentator in my opinion. Has great, interesting guests on his podcast, is a funny as hell comedian, and a legitimate martial artist. WTF? You guys insecure?

Not having gimmie or filler fights
The obsession of fighting only on their level
Weight bullies
unhurt inactive champions

A fighter gets knocked out by a blow that would kill a horse
Sherbro: "What a glass jaw."

Very typical of Luke Rockhold conversations. Dude gets hit with bombs because he has shite defence, and people call him glass chinned. If you can't defend, and get hit with the thunderous shots he does, anyone would go donw. There ain't a man alive who would have been standing after that Jan hook to the head.

Back