What are your MMA pet peeves?

Most of these rinse repeat follow up strikes TKO "finishes" whilst the fighter receiving them attempts to stand up ending fights that I want to see more of.. I know most people disagree with me on this, it's fine i'm not writing anyone any letters of complaint.
HelpfulDownrightCobra-size_restricted.gif

Basically any fighter who has to act like a douchebag to try to get people interested. I realize a big chunk of the blame for this lies on the promotions for encouraging it and the fans for eating it up like children, but at the end of the day it's the fighter who makes the choice to do it.

Fighter bashing
WMMA haters
Poor sportsmanship
this.
Just add referees whom 5 seconds fighters are locked in, fighting for (for example) hand-position starts screaming for them to be more active, or while on the ground, he wants a fighter to lock a submission in 5 seconds or he stands them up...
...and the fighters who begs referees to save them from an unfavorable position.

Stalling

Take downs that lead to nothing

Pitter patter GnP from a wrestler to avoid stand ups.

Over zealous insecure fanboys of _______fighter

Virtue signaling about how much you hate WMMA, PEDs, JMMA, other organizations outside of UFC etc.

Dana White and WME

Wmma split decision jab fests. Guys on the bottom just holding on and claiming the guy on top just laid on them. Counter strikes who just run away the whole fight. Insincerity post fight whether fake humility or bullshit excuses.

Almost every event fighters are hyped up on how they have a BJJ black belt, and as soon as the fight hits the ground turns out they don't even know what they're doing down there. My cousin at subway could give me a black belt if he wanted to.

Fun fact: Mcgregor was awarded his brown belt after KO'ing Poirier in their first bout.

1OdaLVeOBFMbaWOoJ6CgbV-wvusRLDKW1MP7lLD9vcI.jpg

-Fighters blatantly ducking each other ( Yair for example)
-Fighters milking fouls ( Sterling for example)
- Fighters only competing 1-2 times a year and then demanding title fights
-champions that only fight 1-2 times a year
-Managers that try to get there fighters easy money fights (Abdelasleaze and Usman trying to fight nate)
-Gyms that overtrain and spar to much (AKA)

My current pet peeve is the Twitter popups that they've added to broadcasts. I find them incredibly distracting, and I couldn't care less what people on social media are saying. Not all of us are addicted to social media; for those who are, they can just follow along on their own social media accounts. Forcing the rest of of us to see that nonsense is just irritating.

My current pet peeve is the Twitter popups that they've added to broadcasts. I find them incredibly distracting, and I couldn't care less what people on social media are saying. Not all of us are addicted to social media; for those who are, they can just follow along on their own social media accounts. Forcing the rest of of us to see that nonsense is just irritating.
Shit I forgot about these. Definitely a pet peeve.

Hugging at the start of rounds. The touching of gloves serves the purpose of respect just fine. Give each other reach arounds after the fight for all I care, but hugging during a cage fight makes me cringe.

Back