What are your favourite fights where a fighter dominated a significantly larger opponent?

I wasn't arguing Bro....

Evander was even smaller than Tyson and had a terrific Light Heavyweight/Cruserweight run... Some of his most savage victories were below heavyweight.
You drunk bro?
Evander is a chihuahua tail taller than Tyson and had bigger traps than Ipanema beach.

Not necessarily domianted but seeing a good liitle man beat a good big man is always fun to watch.
Nog vs Sapp
Saku vs most of his opponents
Yuki Kondo vs most of his opponent too

C_h7Oc3UMAEuaH_.jpg

077_Yair_Rodriguez.0.jpg

One of frankie's last top knotch performances before he passed into old man territory.

One that stands out is Benson Henderson vs Brandon Thatch, They made the same weight though I think Benson moved up to welterweight. Thatch just looked massive in the cage next to Benson

This was after Bigfoot mauled Fedor? I remember DC being a replacement in the tournament right?
Took me off guard, I had no idea who he was.
Yea, this was after BF beat Fedor. Flawless performance from DC that night

Not a beating per se, but pretty one-sided: career FW/LW Tristan Connelly taking a WW fight on short notice against Michel Pereira (who missed weight), ignoring all of Pereira's circus trick kicks and flips, and shutting him down with meat-and-potatoes MMA.

tristan-connelly-right-and-michel-pereira-face-off-against-each-other-during-the-ceremonial-weigh-in-at-rogers-arena-in-vancouver-friday-september-13-2019-the-canadian-pressjonathan-hayward-2HRKFEE.jpg
Came to say this and scrolled incidentally to your post. Bravo!

Machida vs Tito. Machida vs Uber Franklin. Machdia vs sokodchu.

Not a huge size difference but I was quite impressed by Bendo wen he fought Brendan Thatch at the time. Unfortunately Thatch's grappling disappointed a few more times so the win did not aged really well.

I wish they showed that whole 3rd Round takedown. It was a real grind, but Benson just kept chaining attacks and ended getting him down in beautiful fashion. The round 4 takedown was sharper and cleaner and led directly to the finish, but the rd 3 takedown was the turning point of the fight. One of my favorite takedowns in MMA history.

Francis wasn't green. Already had 6 UFC fights and 6 others. He just got beat by a better Stipe fighter that night. He was only 'green' for not going 5 rounds in an MMA match.
While it was a grind, Miocic (official weight 246lbs) dominating a relatively green but significantly larger Ngannou (263lbs and probably more on fight night) for 5 rounds at UFC 220 en route to a 50-44 across the board was pretty impressive at the time considering that Miocic had to be nearly perfect on the feet not to get KO’d.

BJ vs Matt Hughes
Frankie vs Maynard
Cain vs Brock/BigFoot
Anderson at LHW
Most of mighty mouse's wins
Frankie Edgar vs Benson Henderson (I know I know he lost the decisions)

Kid Yamamoto at his peak was exploding Lightweight opponents for years then easily made Bantam/Fly weight when he was wrestling for Japan or in the UFC.

Saku vs just about everyone he fought.

Varelans was a big powerful guy but he wasn't the best fighter unfortunately. 6'8" and listed as 330lbs here against 5'9" 207lbs Igor Vorchanchin, who won by KO.

Varelans finished his career at 9-9 and died 'of Covid' in 2021 aged 51.

This.

And also 5'11" Pettas vs. 7'3" Kim in K1:

Pettas talks about the fight in this video:

Last edited:
Back