What are your favourite fights where a fighter dominated a significantly larger opponent?

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People were saying the 29lbs weight difference between Jailton and Derrick was too much and Jailton's grappling wouldn't work on someone as big as Lewis. 'Almeida needs to go down to LHW he's too small for the division!' <{1-1}> They were 100% wrong. He got 2 50-44s. Lewis's 'just stand up from the bottom' wasn't happening last night.

I think I know whose highlights might dominate this thread but here's a fight I enjoyed:

tumblr_mj6g27veVp1rr8wbto1_500.gif

Mark Hunt was giving up a 12½" reach and 14" height advantage in this fight and he knocked Struve out viciously and broke his jaw.

While it was a grind, Miocic (official weight 246lbs) dominating a relatively green but significantly larger Ngannou (263lbs and probably more on fight night) for 5 rounds at UFC 220 en route to a 50-44 across the board was pretty impressive at the time considering that Miocic had to be nearly perfect on the feet not to get KO’d.

I know people say Choi was a can but it was fun crazy NYE Spectacle.

Also HMC was 12-3 in K1 at the time with a win over GOAT Semmy.

He was a super strong 360lbs+ thanks to his pituitary tumour basically giving him natural HGH.

maxresdefault.jpg

He had the tumour removed not long after this and lost 50lbs of muscle and was basically finished a top kixkboxer.

360lb Choi
hqdefault.jpg

1033926-hong_man_choifull.jpg

310lb Choi
20130521173950_519b32d6875d8_1.jpg

Hong-Man-Choi-2.jpg

Last edited:
Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia... Randy only weighed in at 220 for that fight and Tim was 265 but obviously was nothing like that on fight night, probably close to 290

It was a totally one sided fight, Randy beat him everywhere.. in the striking and on the ground

Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia... Randy only weighed in at 220 for that fight and Tim was 265 but obviously was nothing like that on fight night, probably close to 290

It was a totally one sided fight, Randy beat him everywhere.. in the striking and on the ground

IIRC, I think Tim was closer to 275-280 when he was in shape. Still, Tim was so huge compared to Randy lol

Not a beating per se, but pretty one-sided: career FW/LW Tristan Connelly taking a WW fight on short notice against Michel Pereira (who missed weight), ignoring all of Pereira's circus trick kicks and flips, and shutting him down with meat-and-potatoes MMA.

tristan-connelly-right-and-michel-pereira-face-off-against-each-other-during-the-ceremonial-weigh-in-at-rogers-arena-in-vancouver-friday-september-13-2019-the-canadian-pressjonathan-hayward-2HRKFEE.jpg

Minowa v. Giant Silva. I don’t think Silva was expected to last all that long but the disparity in size was hilarious. Oh yeah also the Zuluzinho fight View attachment 1010385 View attachment 1010386

Giant Silva vs Takashi Sugiura @ Pride Bushido 4 was my favourite. It was another fight where Silva got his ass handed to him by a way smaller dude, but the funniest thing about it was the pro-wrestling ending where during Sugiura's post-fight interview, out of nowhere the camera pans to Giant Silva going crazy with a big wooden 2X4 as like 10 tiny Japanese guys try and restrain him (Silva also loses this fight) and Sugiura flees from the ring and then I guess starts cracking jokes as the crowd laughs. Man, I wish I had the clip but it doesn't seem to be on the net. It's one of the most underrated Pride moments for sure. You'd think it was all staged except for the haunted look on Silva's face, poor guy

Edit: I found it!

Last edited:
Back