What are your favorite beaches Mayberry?

For me living in Hawaii my whole life I have to say Kailua Beach on the island of Oahu
kailua-beach1.jpg

and
Hapuna beach on the big island of Hawaii. Edit: Going to have a BBQ party here tomorrow :icon_chee
B-09%20Hapuna%20Beach%20South%20Web-LG.jpg

+1 for Hapuna. I haven't been there for like 6 years, but that place is paradise. Kohala is one of the best places on the planet, I got married there.

And I had a buddy in college who grew up literally on Kailua Beach. He said when he was 12 he swam out to one of the islands.

And for temperate climes I gotta go with Cannon Beach in my home state

2339848252_16bdb35268_zps6a98b36e.jpg

+1 for Hapuna. I haven't been there for like 6 years, but that place is paradise. Kohala is one of the best places on the planet, I got married there.

And I had a buddy in college who grew up literally on Kailua Beach. He said when he was 12 he swam out to one of the islands.

And for temperate climes I gotta go with Cannon Beach in my home state

2339848252_16bdb35268_zps6a98b36e.jpg

Oh I could see that China-mens hat, is not too far away I've never swam that though.

Seaside Reef. My home break, and home away from home.

seaside-post1.jpg

I have been to some beaches in Australia, Hawaii and Florida that are my favorites. However, I will probably never be able to go see them again.

I usually go on vacations to South Padre Island, here in Texas. I like Mustang Island and Malaquite Beach. One day, I woluld like to check out Port Isabel.

waimea-bay-from-rock.jpg

Because you can jump off a big rock.

I really am a beach lover - unfortunatley I can't swim in the sea in the UK even due to the summer, because it is too cold and I will have circulation issue.

The favourite beach I have visited is called Maya Bay, on one of the islands in Phuket, Thailand - its very famous for playing the title role in the 2000 Movie "The Beach".

le island
Phi-Phi_bebet.net_05.jpg

le beach view
tailandia.jpg

my list is kinda skewed since i never leave the state. For surfing: Waikiki during a big south swell, I get 2 min longboard waves sometimes and surf all day like a kid, For spearfishing: Tunnels beach on Kauai. For snorkeling Kapoho tidepools on big island. For all around play in the waves and beauty hard to beat kailua/Lanikai/Hapuna/69/Mauna kea beaches.

Gulf Coast, sugary sand, southern women, cold beer - my heaven.

I grew up near Captiva beach in south Florida. That shit was awesome.

Growing up I used to go to Ocean Beach on Fire Island so I vote for that. The best part is the trip to get there. You take a ferry from like Bayshore Long Island, get that ocean breeze blasting in your face, and once you arrive, you get to walk around town first before heading over the atlantic ocean side where the beach is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJ4Vbk5_lY

I also discovered Playa Bueno in Guanacaste Costa Rica. It is a public beach with access from the Occidental Grand Papagayo all inclusive resort. Fun beach, and nice resort. It is located in the Bay of Papagayo and many things to do on and in the waters of the bay. Actually all the beaches in the bay will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkU2JB3Amhc

Our Commander-in-Chief is vacationing with his family in Hawaii right now if you didn't know. He stopped in at Island Snow in Kailua to get shave ice. :D

[QUOTE=cintur

Back