What are your criteria for liking a post?

Sometimes I offer sympathy likes to the poor and down-trodden.

Beats handing out things of real value.

Although sometimes just like with an eye for eye, its a like for a like.

Last edited:
Sometimes I offer sympathy likes to the poor and down-trodden.

Seriously. I'm Saint @Zer with my likes. Sometimes I'll see a post so lame and terrible I've gotta give it a like just so it never dawns on the guy who posted it that he sucks

*But if I liked your post it's 90% because it legit made me smile, laugh or agree. Not because you suck

Three important criteria

1. Offers a point in which I wholeheartedly agree but I haven't thought of before.
2. Genuinely funny
3. Something that made me understand the world a little bit better.

There is an unwritten, arbitrary point system in group conversations that (almost) everyone knows instinctively. I've had to explain this to a couple people at work. You can get rack up several points by hitting more than one requirement but you MUST qualify for at least one category if you're going to contribute to/participate in group conversation. That's the rule that some people just don't get.

The point values are my own, and will differ from person to person (and situation)

On here, it goes like this:

1. Relevance +1 pt

2. Usefulness/rarity of info +4 pts

3. Original and humorous +2 pts

Bonus: Absurd to the point of art +8 pts

Last edited:
usually if I find it funny (think Zer, or Faustian or Breakitdown posts)

or if they make a convincing or intelligent argument on a subject, even if a disagree, I generally will like it

lastly, if you simply like the same things I do of course that's a like.

If I agree with the poster or they make me laugh.

I'm a simple man.

I don’t have a clearly established guideline but the OP didn’t make the cut.

There is an unwritten, arbitrary point system in group conversations that (almost) everyone knows instinctively. I've had to explain this to a couple people at work. You can get rack up several points by hitting more than one requirement but you MUST qualify for at least one category if you're going to contribute to/participate in group conversation. That's the rule that some people just don't get.

The point values are my own, and will differ from person to person (and situation)

On here, it goes like this:

1. Relevance +1 pt

2. Usefulness/rarity of info +4 pts

3. Original and humorous +2 pts

Bonus: Absurd to the point of art +8 pts
<{monica}>

First I have to show the post to my mom and dad and maybe my grandma.

Is there a Mike Perry gif sans Jouban gif? If so, then auto-like

Gotta be funny or whitty, but not in a "I'm better than you way."

But anyone who has a GREAT point or has similar likes/dislikes as me. Basically if you're a 40 year old virgin who lives with his mom and hates anything from Y2K on.*

Also, TS is 3.5/10 poster, but I have given him a few sympathy likes cuz I felt sorry that his life is somehow worse than mine.

*Also morbidly obese. Can't forget about that.

Last edited:
I only like posts if I'm sexually attracted to their avatar.

If I agree or I was going to or would have posted the same thing.

Back