What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Started up Mass Effect LE on PS5. I want to try and get the plat for all the games but not sure I'll play them all back to back. Just don't want to really commit to any games right now and I know overall Mass Effect is a pretty short game. I'll get the plat on that one and then see if I want to hop into the next one.

Started up Mass Effect LE on PS5. I want to try and get the plat for all the games but not sure I'll play them all back to back. Just don't want to really commit to any games right now and I know overall Mass Effect is a pretty short game. I'll get the plat on that one and then see if I want to hop into the next one.

Guarantee 100 sherdog points you will finish the trilogy. ME is one of those titles like a StarCraft or Civ or Yakuza (lol) where once you get into it you can't stop.

Well special exception being Andromeda, but I guess my self imposed mind wipe failed in that title.

Have you tried older adventure games, like Leisure Suit Larry & Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle etc ?

I think @GearSolidMetal should try Tales from the Borderlands. It's a Telltale game so not much in terms of the gameplay but moreso then a walking simulator. I laughed my ass off the entire way through one of the funniest games I've ever played and a hidden gem IMHO.

You don't have to know the Borderlands games either to get the narrative. It helps of course but not required.

Guarantee 100 sherdog points you will finish the trilogy. ME is one of those titles like a StarCraft or Civ or Yakuza (lol) where once you get into it you can't stop.

Well special exception being Andromeda, but I guess my self imposed mind wipe failed in that title.

Haha man I think your right. I figured I'd just slowly make my way through it and I find myself playing way more than I expected.

I didn't finish it.

I played the shit out of the first two, was kicked out of my Dads maisonette half a year before release and had to settle for a place so shitty that it was dongle only for the year or so that I was there.

I tried to resist, but eventually I gave into YouTube and Wiki, spoiling it all.

It was my second worst gaming regret, behind buying Toca Touring Cars, Resident Evil and some fucking NBA game over Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn, even though I methodically jizzed all over the latters first demo disk that came with the Official Sega Saturn Magazine.

Played five or six hours of X-COM 2 today.

I got my ideal set up, but I'm ruining my experience by save-scumming.

On the mission where I'm trying to save Mox.

I forgot how my time with Enemy Within had gone, when I really only started to enjoy it when I had the best equipment in the game and jetpack armour, raining plasma on unsuspecting fools.

Not sure if I can keep at it.

Reactions: Zer
I think @GearSolidMetal should try Tales from the Borderlands. It's a Telltale game so not much in terms of the gameplay but moreso then a walking simulator. I laughed my ass off the entire way through one of the funniest games I've ever played and a hidden gem IMHO.

You don't have to know the Borderlands games either to get the narrative. It helps of course but not required.

Yeah I didn't like the actual Borderlands games and never finished one, but Tales from the Borderlands was a good time

I have the sequel in my backlog but it doesn't appear to be as well reviewed

That was the game that got me into Borderlands as a whole, I tried the Pre Sequel with some friends and was kinda eh on it but after Tales 1 I was hooked

On the final chapter of Yakuza Kiwami but holding off on finishing it until I get most of the substories completed. The constant interruptions around Kamaroucho trying to get this completed by Goro and all the RNG fights are aggravating. At least in LAD you could run from the combat.

Hit a snag in some Borderlands 3 DLC(the evil versions of Brick and Mordecai are absolute cunts). Had a good run with it though. Still got plenty to do when I go back.

The Quarry

As a huge fan of these types of "adventure" games, I'm liking it. Not loving it yet, but it has a few interesting aspects that separate it from the pack. Shame about the lip animations on characters, though. It sometimes looks like a mod where they turn the facial animations up to 5000. Not a big deal, but it is quirky and sticks out like a sore thumb whenever it happens. I like the presentation of "choice", but I'll have to finish it up before I really judge that aspect. Still early, and nothing crazy has happened yet, but the initial build up is good.

Pretty much just killing time before "Diablo 4" drops on Gamepass tomorrow. Heard both good and bad things about it. I'm pretty sure my non-hardcore self will get some pretty good mileage out of it.

I'm waiting on Diablo IV tomorrow.

I had to make room on my puny One S, so I deleted XCOM 2 and Resident Evil 3.

I just became tired of XCOM 2. Campaign was going fine...

I'm waiting on Diablo IV tomorrow.

I had to make room on my puny One S, so I deleted XCOM 2 and Resident Evil 3.
You should just play it on the cloud if you're able. I don't think D4 runs all that well on last gen. With the cloud, you'll be playing the most up to date version and you don't have to worry about crashes and whatnot fucking your Xbox up.

EDIT - Never mind. It ain't coming to the cloud for bullshit reasons. Ugh. Let me know how it plays in the mid-game, where things apparently get crazy.

Last edited:
The Quarry

Feels like I'm reaching the end. Pretty good shit, with some confusing elements, like the old lady mystic that greets you in between chapters to reveal spoilers if you choose. Don't really get the point of her. The story itself is pretty fun though, even if it went in a sub-genre direction I don't really care for(although, it's probably one of the best interpretations of said sub-genre). Decisions are just decisions here, with no real correct path. I got one of the characters killed for following a "passive" mantra that I had built up over time, and it made me question other actions all the same. That's what you want from a game like this. Not knowing what the "right" choice is, is the way these games should be made, and this one does a damn good job at that.

All in all, it's a fun ride if you just want to play an interactive movie. Good characters, decent story, plenty of choices. 8/10.

screwing around in the sims 4. i havent played a sims game since the original and i played a bit of the sims 2 way back but i want to give this a fair shake. so i sailed the seven seas and got the sims 4 and all the dlc. but then i realised i cant be a pimp daddy living in a big ass mansion with 20 wives. unless i mod it, because theres no polygamy in the game.

so upon scouring for some workarounds to enable having multiple wives, i installed this wicked whims mod which lets me do all that and then some. adds strip clubs and full on sex and nudity and all kinds of perv shit in the game. so i'm like great, let's go!

so i take my date to a strip club and she starts banging this dude in the bathroom so i set them both on fire.

not exactly the start to this game that i was planning. might have to make a few tweaks, but i'm destined to become the towns hugh heffner and then start a suicide cult where everybody else gets naked and does the polar bear plunge in the dead of winter.

i might be able to get into this game.

i didnt think i could get into the sims 4 like i did like 22 years ago but this whicked whims mod has made the game go off the rails. i'm a straight up player sharing a small house with 3 of my cuckqueans but now one of them is pregnant and we've all got crabs. this shits hilarious.

cant edit my posts but yeah 22 years ago i was playing the original sims. sims 4 was never on my bucket list but i figured for nostalgia's sake i'd find a sims game or a sim city game to dive into. turns out theres not much out there for sim city lately so it was either the sims 4 or cities skylines. maybe ill give that one a shot some day too.

The Quarry

Feels like I'm reaching the end. Pretty good shit, with some confusing elements, like the old lady mystic that greets you in between chapters to reveal spoilers if you choose. Don't really get the point of her. The story itself is pretty fun though, even if it went in a sub-genre direction I don't really care for(although, it's probably one of the best interpretations of said sub-genre). Decisions are just decisions here, with no real correct path. I got one of the characters killed for following a "passive" mantra that I had built up over time, and it made me question other actions all the same. That's what you want from a game like this. Not knowing what the "right" choice is, is the way these games should be made, and this one does a damn good job at that.

All in all, it's a fun ride if you just want to play an interactive movie. Good characters, decent story, plenty of choices. 8/10.
I'm interested in this one. I watched the trailer on my Xbox, and the lip sync was way, way off. Is it like that in the game? Because it was distracting. Oh, and the game's store page said that online multiplayer was coming. I'm curious how that would work for a story game like this.

I'm interested in this one. I watched the trailer on my Xbox, and the lip sync was way, way off. Is it like that in the game? Because it was distracting. Oh, and the game's store page said that online multiplayer was coming. I'm curious how that would work for a story game like this.
I believe that was a problem when it first launched(the syncing). It seems fine now. Some facial/hair animations get a little weird at times though.

As for MP, I haven't played it, but I imagine it's something like "The Dark Pictures" games, where I think you vote on decisions. Something like that.

You should just play it on the cloud if you're able. I don't think D4 runs all that well on last gen. With the cloud, you'll be playing the most up to date version and you don't have to worry about crashes and whatnot fucking your Xbox up.

EDIT - Never mind. It ain't coming to the cloud for bullshit reasons. Ugh. Let me know how it plays in the mid-game, where things apparently get crazy.
I am helping @Wrath of Foamy pop his Diablo cherry. He seemed to like it thus far. I started a new Barb and he had a Druid but switched about half way through act one to a Rogue.

I think all the classes have their strengths and weaknesses. It's just about finding the right kit and gear.

Diablo 2 still the GOAT though.

Back