• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Sekiro and Nioh which i am regretting.

It's like purchasing a bed of nails because it looked easy to lay on on TV. It looks cool on the outside, but you know you're gonna have to lay down in that motherfucker eventually, to justify the purchase.

Bought Sekiro and Nioh which i am regretting.
Sekiro was tough for even souls veterans, maybe more so. Just take it 1 miniboss at a time. I think you'll struggle hard till you pass the third main boss, which you cant beat without knowing the game's mechanics properly, then it becomes easier.

I just managed to beat O-Rin without getting hit. Wtf? Wish I had been recording this.

It may be the best game of the last decade. Its that good. Easily in my top 5 of all time. But then again I have like 3 games from the last decace in my top 5 lol.
I've already had more fun in the 8 shrines I've done than any dungeon in the past games and it's actually fun to just seek out a pack goblins to wreck because combat is so enjoyable.

Making both true exploration and a really well done story work in the same game is extremely hard and so far it feels like they did it perfectly. A lot of Zeldas I don't feel pulled in to the story until deep in but this hooked me from the start.

The shrine puzzles really took me by surprise. I usually hate video game puzzles, there's a certain logic to them that just feels like I'm trying to guess what a developer was thinking. But overcoming the physics puzzles and making something happen that looked impossible is incredibly rewarding. I finally feel like a clever adventurer instead of a guy stumbling through some video game logic.

I just talked to Impa and if the story can keep up what it's done so far, and if there are a handful of interesting bosses, I can easily see this being one of my all time favorites.

Trying to beat Dead Cells with 4 boss stem cells,
the malaise mechanic is making it brutal.

I've already had more fun in the 8 shrines I've done than any dungeon in the past games and it's actually fun to just seek out a pack goblins to wreck because combat is so enjoyable.

Making both true exploration and a really well done story work in the same game is extremely hard and so far it feels like they did it perfectly. A lot of Zeldas I don't feel pulled in to the story until deep in but this hooked me from the start.

The shrine puzzles really took me by surprise. I usually hate video game puzzles, there's a certain logic to them that just feels like I'm trying to guess what a developer was thinking. But overcoming the physics puzzles and making something happen that looked impossible is incredibly rewarding. I finally feel like a clever adventurer instead of a guy stumbling through some video game logic.

I just talked to Impa and if the story can keep up what it's done so far, and if there are a handful of interesting bosses, I can easily see this being one of my all time favorites.
You described how I felt ith the shrines. I was actively searching out Shrines that were more puzzle oriented instead of the strength challenges (which are mostly all the same thing).

Sekiro was tough for even souls veterans, maybe more so. Just take it 1 miniboss at a time. I think you'll struggle hard till you pass the third main boss, which you cant beat without knowing the game's mechanics properly, then it becomes easier.
I'm starting to get the hang of it. Been a frustrating time up until today when suddenly went from struggling with one enemy to being able to erase a group with minimal effort.

I tried replaying Red Faction re Mars stred but its more fun the first time.

Beat Uncharted 3 this morning. Without embellishing, possibly the greatest action-adventure game I've ever played. Got off to a slow start – do I like it, do I not? Couple chapters in and it clicks; couldn't put it down. The on-rails narrative for me was balanced out by the freedom to engage how I want and by what means. While QTEs have always been a peeve of mine, it works here. Fun game for trophy-hunting after campaign, too.

Playing UC2 now.

Going to buy UC4 after a break to focus on Nioh 2.

Beat Unchartered 3 this morning. Without embellishing, possibly the greatest action-adventure game I've ever played. Got off to a slow start – do I like it, do I not? Couple chapters in and it clicks; couldn't put it down. The on-rails narrative for me was balanced out by the freedom to engage how I want and by what means. While QTEs have always been a peeve of mine, it works here. Fun game for trophy-hunting after campaign, too.

Playing UC2 now.

Damn wish you started with UC2 first.

UC4 youre gonna love.

Personally UC2 is the high mark of the series.

Yeah, although it would be interesting to see what people who played UC3 first think. They're both exceptional, with UC3's only weakness being its story getting lost up its own ass sometimes.

Beat Unchartered 3 this morning. Without embellishing, possibly the greatest action-adventure game I've ever played. Got off to a slow start – do I like it, do I not? Couple chapters in and it clicks; couldn't put it down. The on-rails narrative for me was balanced out by the freedom to engage how I want and by what means. While QTEs have always been a peeve of mine, it works here. Fun game for trophy-hunting after campaign, too.

Playing UC2 now.

UC4 youre gonna love.

Yeah, although it would be interesting to see what people who played UC3 first think. They're both exceptional, with UC3's only weakness being its story getting lost up its own ass sometimes.

I also agree with UC2 being the best. I haven’t played too many games from that genre, but IMO UC2 is the GOAT.

It only has one weakness

Fighting those blue beasties at the end was AIDS

I also agree with UC2 being the best. I haven’t played too many games from that genre, but IMO UC2 is the GOAT.

It only has one weakness

Fighting those blue beasties at the end was AIDS
Agreed, had the same issue in UC1 as well

UC2 is in my top 10 games of all time, and UC is my second favourite gaming franchise.

Naughty Dogs are the best devs in the business imo.

UC4 youre gonna love.

In all candour, I felt bad doing it in reverse and even thought of you remarking on it. Hell, you've known a long while I've wanted to see what UC was all about; I've saved Thief's End to wrap up, FWIW. The catch, if I may, is I don't think I would have been so interested in Among Thieves had I not first been drawn to newer Drake's Deception. Had the time of my life and felt like I was in an action flick; I liked the story a lot too – Columbia, France, Syria, Yemen, Sir Drake secret this, Queen Elizabeth that, amazing.

I'm currently departing Borneo in UC2 after having been done over by Flynn in Turkey and eventually getting out of gaol. I swear, I had an uneasy feeling about the bloke and I can't wait to introduce him to my friend Bertha, an SAS-12 as impatient as it is messy. Fully intend on collecting myself some fine treasure along the way.

Will definitely touch base ITT and let everyone know my thoughts. I don't know how 2 will top 3 but I guess I have to see. Spoiler: I was all-out bummed when Marlowe was on about revealing my true name but ended up dying in the quicksand. F! Lol Thought I was a legitimate heir to Sir Francis.

<{outtahere}>

Having a blast with Fallen Order. Scratching all kinds of itches for me. Jedi powers, lightsabers, great combat, exploration.

Excellent game that I completely overlooked.

Finally killed Lady Butterfly after about 10 or so fails. Taking a rest from this shit for a while.

Finally killed Lady Butterfly after about 10 or so fails. Taking a rest from this shit for a while.
10 times is nothing. You’re going to lose whatever skill you’ve developed taking time off.

In all candour, I felt bad doing it in reverse and even thought of you remarking on it. Hell, you've known a long while I've wanted to see what UC was all about; I've saved Thief's End to wrap up, FWIW. The catch, if I may, is I don't think I would have been so interested in Among Thieves had I not first been drawn to newer Drake's Deception. Had the time of my life and felt like I was in an action flick; I liked the story a lot too – Columbia, France, Syria, Yemen, Sir Drake secret this, Queen Elizabeth that, amazing.

I'm currently departing Borneo in UC2 after having been done over by Flynn in Turkey and eventually getting out of gaol. I swear, I had an uneasy feeling about the bloke and I can't wait to introduce him to my friend Bertha, an SAS-12 as impatient as it is messy. Fully intend on collecting myself some fine treasure along the way.

UC2's pacing is a lot better, and some of the sequences just felt amazing espeically at the time. The train sequence is still maybe the best sequence in the series.

Dude keep us informed. I also loved getting the platinum trophies for all of those games tbh. Youre gonna love UC4 after the trilogy. There is also Lost legacy which you should definitely play after UC4.

Finished Wenjia, A Plague Tale Innocence and now going through Candleman. Then will probably start some of these "Triple A" (Jim Sterling voice) games I bought and still haven't touched lol. I spend way to much time on Forza Horizon 4 and GTA Online and need to get to these other games.

Here is a small clip very early in the game that shows off the cool rat tech.

The Lexus LFA sounds orgasmic. Playground actually copied the raw V10 sound of this beast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back