• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just finished god of war (2018) last night and it may be the greatest game i’ve ever played. the visuals are ridiculous, the combat is fun, punishing, and super fast-paced, the story is beautiful. it’s a masterpiece.

moving on to bloodborne. i’ve never played any souls games so this is my first experience with the FromSoftware style. i love it so far. incredibly unforgiving but this early section of yharnam is probably just a slow grinding area to really buff up a bit before you take on the killers
GOW was amazing.

You may think you need to grind in Bloodborne, but thats not true, its probably the hardest area in the game though.

GOW was amazing.

You may think you need to grind in Bloodborne, but thats not true, its probably the hardest area in the game though.
i definitely had to grind a tiny bit to buy a new outfit, the axe & the blunderbuss. you learn real quick how to kill most things though. i killed the cleric beast (easiest boss in the game obv) on my second try but that’s probably normal idk. i took a long time to explore and open up gates & elevators which has helped tremendously

i killed the cleric beast (easiest boss in the game obv) on my second try but that’s probably normal idk
Lol not true, a ton of people struggle for hours etc. Well done, considering this is your first From game. Youre gonna hit a wall, but dont give up. Learn and try again.

Lol not true, a ton of people struggle for hours etc. Well done, considering this is your first From game. Youre gonna hit a wall, but dont give up. Learn and try again.
oh yes i haven’t been discouraged thus yet. those two werewolves in the center of the great bridge have killed me about 30 times. i know i can basically do whatever i want without ever having to fight them but it’s a challenge i want to conquer. dying to try dark souls now but it’s never on sale

are there any fromsoftware games that you like more than bloodborne?

oh yes i haven’t been discouraged thus yet. those two werewolves in the center of the great bridge have killed me about 30 times. i know i can basically do whatever i want without ever having to fight them but it’s a challenge i want to conquer. dying to try dark souls now but it’s never on sale

By the time you get good, the're gonna be piss easy. Fire can solve them for now though.

DS1 is amazing, its my second favourite but BB is easily my favourite, you'll find out why, its also drop dead gorgeous.

I recommend Vaatividya lore videos after you finish the game, as well as the old hunters DLC. Enjoy this experience brother!

By the time you get good, the're gonna be piss easy. Fire can solve them for now though.

DS1 is amazing, its my second favourite but BB is easily my favourite, you'll find out why, its also drop dead gorgeous.

I recommend Vaatividya lore videos after you finish the game, as well as the old hunters DLC. Enjoy this experience brother!
much appreciated friend
<{spoogebab}>

I had an easier time with Gascoigne than the Cleric Beast. With most, it seems to be the opposite.

tenor.gif

Playing NBA 2K20 online with @Sir Galahad , he has beat me every time lol, but there is too much gambling in this game, so many ads and gambling, its sad. I love the basketball games but the micro-transactions are beyond ridiculous now. Still wanting to back to NBA 2K16 which is the best basketball game on next gen in my opinion

I had an easier time with Gascoigne than the Cleric Beast. With most, it seems to be the opposite.
i stumbled into gascoigne unintentionally before i even knew the cleric beast existed. he killed me so fast it wasn’t even funny

Last edited:
Played a few hours of Luigi’s Mansion. Really amazing how much fun going around and destroying rooms with the vacuum is.

Game looks great, controls took some getting used to but a good tip I saw said to use the shoulder buttons instead of the face buttons like the game instructs you to and it made a huge difference. New mechanics are a lot of fun as well that introduce some nice puzzle solving and secret hunting.

What else is there to say? It’s another excellent, charming, and well crafted first party Nintendo game. Pick it up if you have a Switch.

just gave nioh a couple hours since it’s free on playstation plus. way harder than bloodborne. i love the combat styles but the enemies are so overpowered

Buddy of mine gifted me Soul Calibur VI since it was on the humble monthly. Need to try it out.

I found this fun little free-to-play game on steam called Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop. Its a 4 player squad top down shooter. Lots of fun.

i stumbled into gascoigne unintentionally before i even knew the cleric beast existed. he killed me so fast it wasn’t even funny
just beat him on my 6th or 7th attempt. those headstones & trees are a fucking nightmare. i basically had to farm until i had 20 bullets and 20 blood vials. ended up with 7 blood vials and 5 bullets at the end but i got him

just beat him on my 6th or 7th attempt. those headstones & trees are a fucking nightmare. i basically had to farm until i had 20 bullets and 20 blood vials. ended up with 7 blood vials and 5 bullets at the end but i got him
Heh, yeah those can fuck you. Best place to fight him is on top of the stairs near the gate.

Heh, yeah those can fuck you. Best place to fight him is on top of the stairs near the gate.
i found an open space to the right of where you first walk in where i was able to jump around and land my visceral attacks but yeah i got trapped against headstones over and over lmao

I don’t know about that. I’ve played through the game multiple times over the past four years and the Cleric Beast is a tough son of a bitch, especially considering he’s the first boss.

He reminds me of the first boss of Ninja Gaiden (the 2004 Xbox version). Toughest boss of the whole game.

maxresdefault.jpg

just gave nioh a couple hours since it’s free on playstation plus. way harder than bloodborne. i love the combat styles but the enemies are so overpowered
i played a little and was fine until i ran into the heavy armoured knights

one hit from an axe and you can't move for shit

Subnautica

Gave it a go, now that it's on Game Pass. It's...okay. Definitely a little tedious in the early parts of the game though. That oxygen tank is just silly. You get like 45 seconds to scour around. Upgraded it, and now I get a whole 90 seconds. Really? It's a bit much in the early goings, but I can tell that once you get past the initial phase, and it clicks, it could get really good.

That's about all I can say so far. Still trying to find the right items for the repair tool, so I can really get off the ground here and get into the flow of things, but so far it's all very easy to understand and doesn't require an in depth walkthrough to begin to understand it, like most of these "survival" games hit you with. Graphics are nice, and it has some great atmosphere(when I'm not swimming to the surface at least). Performance is "meh", but I'm playing it on an XBone S, so I can live with some pop in and frame rate dips here and there. Don't think it's a game issue, so much as a hardware issue.

So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back