What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Eh, I downloaded it for kicks. I was a big fan of the first two games, and I've never played one on the current gen systems, so why not?

It's...okay. It's more of the same Telltale stuff, but there's something missing with this one. The writing is a bit too on the nose, and all the decisions don't have that illusion of it actually mattering. It's not bad, it just feels like you're going through the motions. Like that feeling you get around the 4th chapter of a Telltale game, where the illusion wears off, and you feel like none of your decisions really matter. They almost reinforce that feeling through some ham-fisted flashbacks in the very first episode involving a key character in the first couple of games.

It's okay, but it's missing something, and even when a big moment happens, it lacks a certain punch. I don't know if it's because of low expectations, or if I'm just burnt out on the structure of these games, but nothing really connects with you here, and you're just hitting buttons to get on with it.

I'm two episodes in, and it's not terrible or anything, but it just feels very bland overall.

I'm playing Mad Max. In my opinion, this game deserves a sequel, very underrated...

9.5/10
Mad.gif
It gets kinda boring. The outposts are all the same. I stopped playing because for some reason that game was making my head hurt.

Been rocking a lot of indies. Almost done with Valfaris, and just a bit into blasphemous.

Valfaris is so damn fun. Like a futuristic, metal contra. Well, not as fast or hard, but very fun. Love the art direction.

Blasphemous is just pure atmosphere. Love it so far, but not as much as Valfaris.

Last edited:
Been rocking a lot of undies. Almost done with Valfaris, and just a bit into blasphemous.

Valfaris is so damn fun. Like a futuristic, metal contra. Well, not as fast or hard, but very fun. Love the art direction.

Blasphemous is just pure atmosphere. Love it so far, but not as much as Valfaris.
I mentioned Valfaris a few posts ago. Fantastic game. I'm trying speedruns now that I know each level.

Also, I played through Blasphemous before Valfaris, coincidentally. Blasphemous is incredible. Has a steeper difficulty curve but it's just as fun and rewarding.

Side note for Blasphemous: Go for the bad ending first because you can simply reload your save and complete what you need for the true ending afterwards so it does not require a full playthrough again.

It gets kinda boring. The outposts are all the same. I stopped playing because for some reason that game was making my head hurt.

I confess I didn't play this game before because I read a lot of comments on steam saying the same thing ('It's boring'), nonetheless, I reckon Mad Max is similar to Far Cry, because you need to repeat almost the same mission over and over again - either you love this kind of game or you hate...

I confess I didn't play this game before because I read a lot of comments on steam saying the same thing ('It's boring'), nonetheless, I reckon Mad Max is similar to Far Cry, because you need to repeat almost the same mission over and over again - either you love this kind of game or you hate...
I think it has the potential to be a much better game. It feels like a reskinned game like they were doing something else and combined aspects to form this game. The driving and combat isn't bad but the storyline is a bit shitty in terms of character development and NPCs. They are pretty cool with backgrounds but the game doesn't allow you to go deep.

I never played Rage 2(same developers) but I was watching the reviews. It has the same cars as Max Max but the combat is FPS

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas waiting on my copy of Trails of Cold Steel 3 to show up

getting back into red dead online, the horse races are fun as fuck

shite how so much stuff is locked off to low rank noobs though, even clothes

I'll be all over Cold Steel 3 at some point but right now I got too much going on sadly

I heard Tita and Agate from TITS are in it
They sure are!

Why is there not a COD Modern Warfare 2019 thread on page 1? WTF is going on here.

I'll be all over Cold Steel 3 at some point but right now I got too much going on sadly

I heard Tita and Agate from TITS are in it
They are but I've only got a couple hours in. I'm planning on getting some time in this weekend.

I am playing too many games right now I think I will have to wait a bit but I'm tempted to get Outer Worlds. This and Control really snuck up on me as games I never knew about but now really want to play lol.

I'm already playing Apex and soon will try Call of Duty although I'm anticipating not liking it. I also play some Mortal Kombat still and just started Guilty Gear Rev 2 which I really like. I'm still playing Fire Emblem (on my third play through and planning one more after).

I'm sooooo tempted to get Outer Worlds

Might pick up the FF8 remake on Switch for an upcoming plane ride/extended TDY for a few months.

Bought REmake and 0 on the switch.

Cant wait to play tomorrow.

Thank god The Outer Worlds is coming out tomorrow (and free!) I haven't had anything to play since I 100 percent completed BL3.

I'm still going to hold out on Ghost Recon until it's on sale.

REmake is great. RE0 is...an acquired taste. It's more of the same old school RE formula, but has some really irritating choke points, and the characters and story just doesn't hit the right notes.

Wouldn’t have recommended 0. I’m not sure if they fixed it yet but it had brutal load times when it launched. REmake has some but I’ve played through it a couple of times and didn’t think it was too bad.

Why is there not a COD Modern Warfare 2019 thread on page 1? WTF is going on here.

Most I know people passed on it. Times have changed.

I'm installing it now.

Start a thread for just me and you bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back