What are Wlad's chances in the Fury rematch

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
do you think he has a chance to win or is Wlad essentially done

Sure he can win. Tyson has the reach on him and pretty good footwork but wlad is the harder and faster puncher imo. He needs to get inside and be more active than last time though. If he could fight like his brother did against lennox lewis who also was taller then he has a pretty good chance.

Sure he can win. Tyson has the reach on him and pretty good footwork but wlad is the harder and faster puncher imo. He needs to get inside and be more active than last time though. If he could fight like his brother did against lennox lewis who also was taller then he has a pretty good chance.

These aren't really things that Wlad has ever shown the ability to do. Wlad does hit a lot harder than Fury and is still a capable outside fighter, so he obviously has a chance, but he looked borderline shot (he couldn't get the distance down and when he did he couldn't pull the trigger) and really uncomfortable with an opponent who was not only bigger than him, but also a skilled fighter.

IMO Wlad has to gamble to win. He needs to fight aggressively and risk getting hit. I'm not sure his mind is willing at this point in his career. Even if he is shot, Fury is a winnable fight for Wlad, Fury does not have real one shot power so Wlad can take chances and risk getting hit, Wlads chin isn't as bad as people make it out to be... Sanders was a lethal puncher and Wlad got up numerous times. His other losses were due to fatigue not a bad chin. Wlad isn't Oliver McCall, but his chin isn't Tommy Morrison level either. If he fights aggressively he wins, the question is, will he.

Wlad always has a chance to win. He just has to show up more aggressive than he did in the first fight.

he has to be aggressive and take the fight to him, even when he has the reach advantage hes very conservative as a fighter. hes older and i just dont see him changing his ways now and he has to fight a guy who has the reach advantage

Tyson is very very athletic for a hw. Very underrated cuz ppl dont like his persona. Would live for him to enter mma. He is still young, 26 yrs old, and beat fuckin klitkscko:eek:

Its a young lion versus an old lion.

These aren't really things that Wlad has ever shown the ability to do. Wlad does hit a lot harder than Fury and is still a capable outside fighter, so he obviously has a chance, but he looked borderline shot (he couldn't get the distance down and when he did he couldn't pull the trigger) and really uncomfortable with an opponent who was not only bigger than him, but also a skilled fighter.

I like Wlad, but I think you might be right. He looked ... how to say it... very weird in his last fight. He couldn't find the distance at all, was tentative as f&ck and didn't throw a lot of punches. His timings seemed completely off. Fury proved to be hard to hit and obviously knows how to make it ugly.

I'm not sure Wlad will take him out in a rematch. I'm inclined to believe he is going to lose for a second time. Too short of a timespan to come up with a different gameplan.

Wlad had never been a chance taker. It won't change now at his age. He had very little chance of winning.

If he actually came out swinging id say he would likely win.

Hopefully Wlad loses. I respect Wlad for his skill and long title reign but hope we have seen the end of the Klitschko era.

I actually think Wlad can win. He has to be embarrassed and disappointed by his last performance, so my guess is he comes out looking more aggressive. I think Wlad is more talented than Fury and can beat him if he has not lost his nerve. I am just not convinced that Wlad has the nerve to take a hit to give a bigger one.

I actually think Wlad will win. He has to be embarrassed and disappointed by his last performance, so my guess is he comes out looking for blood. I think Wlad is more talented than Fury and can beat him if he has not lost his nerve.
I don't think he can make the adjustment. It was pretty surprising at how lost he was in the ring vs Fury. I think he has to completely change his style to win and I don't think he can do it.

I don't think he can make the adjustment. It was pretty surprising at how lost he was in the ring vs Fury. I think he has to completely change his style to win and I don't think he can do it.

More than anything, he looked like he was afraid to get hit. Like he did not want to be in there that night. That is not anything new, really, but I have to think he has some competitive urge left or he would just retire.

I also think fury is overrated. He hardly did anything at all against Wlad, so it is not like Wlad has to do much to win rounds. Fury looked bad against Wlad, he is not some killer.

More than anything, he looked like he was afraid to get hit. Like he did not want to be in there that night. That is not anything new, really, but I have to think he has some competitive urge left or he would just retire.

I also think fury is overrated. He hardly did anything at all against Wlad, so it is not like Wlad has to do much to win rounds. Fury looked bad against Wlad, he is not some killer.
I thought he seemed confused on how to attack a larger opponent who wasn't standing there with his right foot nailed to the floor.

I thought he seemed confused on how to attack a larger opponent who wasn't standing there with his right foot nailed to the floor.
Lol That too, but the confusion seemed to be figuring out how he can hit Fury without getting hit back at all. I think he has realized that it just isn't going to happen, and will commit more this time with the understanding that he will have to exchange. Otherwise he'd just retire.

If Wlad has any fire left in his belly, he can beat Fury. Fury has been hit by lesser fighters. Wlad just has to show up with more heart and toughness to get the job done.

wlad needs a drastic change in style and gameplan if he is to stand a chance at beating fury in the rematch. he was completely nullified in their first bout, in such a way that he was frightened to even let his hands go, i don't think at this point wlad can make the adjustments needed to best fury, i think however many times they fight fury has got his number.

of course, "dr. steelhammer" still has that chance of a lucky punch.. . but them seeds of self-doubt seemed to be sewed and i doubt he will engage enough to allow this to happen

I don't think Wlad wins the rematch, and with all the delays in setting the rematch, part of me is beginning to doubt it happens at all.

He didn't get Tyson's respect during exchanges and his approach was very weird. If his jab is put into play more and he angles that cross when fury hits that rabbit punch he throws . Could happen seen crazier

Back