What are the biggest myths that you debunked with your own eyes?

mythception. No i definitely believe they matter, they don't always accurately show who the best guys are but more often than not they are a good indication.

So then they don't matter.

A ranking system is supposed to be an absolute hierarchy. Any deviation from the hierarchy renders it meaningless

Lesnar's elite wrestling. Overeem stuffed them takedowns like a thanksgiving turkey.

Lesnar shot 1 half ass takedown in that fight. Lesnar showed up to the reem fight to collect a paycheck and nothing more.

A ranking system is supposed to be an absolute hierarchy. Any deviation from the hierarchy renders it meaningless

That's not true.

The hierarchy is based on observed aspects, with probabilistic implications.

So the accuracy of the ranking may vary based on the accuracy of the observations, and outcomes based on rankings may vary due to the nature of probability.

For instance if the USGS gives a ranking of potential impact of active volcanoes.
It doesn't mean that with 100% accuracy that volcano #3 will be more devastating or erupt sooner than volcano #4.

Filho is a drug addict and was literally hallucinating in that fight, come the fuck on

That's not true.

The hierarchy is based on observed aspects, with probabilistic implications.

So the accuracy of the ranking may vary based on the accuracy of the observations, and outcomes based on rankings may vary due to the nature of probability.

For instance if the USGS gives a ranking of potential impact of active volcanoes.
It doesn't mean that with 100% accuracy that volcano #3 will be more devastating or erupt sooner than volcano #4.

The goal of the #3 volcano isn't to become the #1 volcano though

That the soap they sell for children as non stinging when you get it in your eyes, does, in fact, sting when you get it in your eyes.

Fedor is the best heavyweight that has fought.

That PRIDE fighters>UFC fighters. You remember what the consensus was back in 2003-04-05? If you woulda posted that Rich Franklin and Chris Leben would have good/great wins over Wanderlei back then you wouldve been flamed to hell.

For me, it was Paulo Filho's "world class" BJJ. I actually bought the hype when he was in Pride. Years later and to quote Chael Sonnen, I knew it was a happy meal when I saw Dave Branch controlled him with ease.

are you trolling, stupid, or ignorant?

i will assume you are simply ignorant. that's the kindest of the 3.

If you believe it needs to be absolute then yes, but just because it isn't a perfect doesn't mean it's meaningless. For me it's just an indication, and with a few exceptions a pretty good indication.

It's like records, a guy with 0 losses is probably pretty good, then again maybe he's only fought cans. It isn't absolute, but usually a pretty good indication.

Just like I'm not sure how volcanoes come into play

Volcano's are ranked based on observations that indicate a potential to do something.
Citizens, Insurers, planners, politicians and engineers can make decisions based on those rankings.

Fighter's are ranked based on observations that indicate a potential to do something.
Fans, promoters, and matchmakers, can make decisions based on those rankings.

Umm.. no.

Rankings in sports are supposed to give indication of who is the best and determine who gets to compete for championships. Upsets don't render them meaningless. That's retarded. People getting passed over for title shots generally means the guy had a title shot recently or someone got injured.

Back