What are the biggest myths that you debunked with your own eyes?

that travis lutter is not the michael jordan of bjj

That Baby Jay was actually willing to fight to the death

K1 level striking is greatest myth in the HISTORY of MMA.....

(Bracing for impending shitstorm)

And I am having my doubts as to whether "top of the food chain jiu jitsu" and it transferring over to MMA is a myth as well....

K1 striking exists...in K1. And most of the guys that transitioned from K1 to MMA do have incredibly high striking skills...but next to nothing in the way of wrestling or BJJ, which are essentials at this point. Maybe 15 years ago they weren't, as evidenced by certain hulking former stars' lack of experience in those areas, but pure strikers don't exist in MMA anymore.

I actually agree. I've been around here forever, and I do recall that just being in Pride meant you were superior to UFC.

I remember people saying guys like Fujita, Nakamura, and Herring, would be champs if they were in the UFC.

But I do see a lot of people use Gomi, Wanderlei, and Yamamoto(K1/Dream) as some sort of examples of how Pride(or other) was a farce, even though those guys were struggling before they came to the UFC.

I see people even using Lil Nog as an example, even though he's been ranked about the same, and has had about the same win percentage for the last 10 years, regardless of what org he fights in.

I'm not trying to argue on either side, I just like to argue against bad arguments!

An interesting and uncommon perspective, but its true what you say. I dont see how anyone can actually watch old Kid, Gomi, Wand fights and say they were not extremely good fighters. In any context. Regardless of how they are doing nowadays, they were all outstanding.

Frank Mir is "Back"

Arlovski can beat Fedor

Sylvia can beat Fedor

Tito's world class wrestling

Who is Ryoto?

What about Matt Hammil's world class wrestling? But in fairness, Mir won an interim title and fought for another, and fought for an undisputed title after the point which he was proclaimed as back. I think that was true, that he was "back".

For me, it was Paulo Filho's "world class" BJJ. I actually bought the hype when he was in Pride. Years later and to quote Chael Sonnen, I knew it was a happy meal when I saw Dave Branch controlled him with ease.

Also, when I saw TUF China with all of those decisions on the card. I knew that Kung Fu was not effective in MMA. I say this because some of those Chinese said they are Kung Fu masters/practitioners or something along those lines. Many Chinese that I have interacted with told me Cain Velasquez is not the best in the world. It is actually some Shaolin master in the mountains of China. After TUF China, I can now say that Kung Fu is a joke in MMA.

What are yours?

You never watched Pride LOL.

Wanderlei was finished after the:

Cro Cop KO
Henderson KO
Rampage KO
Leben KO

and then he comes back and KO's Stann.

9/11 being a terrorist attack was debunked with my own eyes.

Was 100% an inside job.

9/11 being a terrorist attack was debunked with my own eyes.

Was 100% an inside job.

fuck yeah..it was perpetrated by bruce lee and elvis who have been cia operatives for years, and they led a bunch of grey type aliens from area 51..

Nick Diaz is often dominated on the ground, almost completely myth. Oddly enough GSP and Hironaka were the only ones to effectively control Diaz on the ground and GSP wasn't able to offer any substantial damage or submission attempts.

Back