What are some improvements the UFC can make

[QUOTE="Rush";77714559]Absolutely however it looks like its going to be that way for a long time. As for the Judges, most seems like they're 60+ so looks like we'll have a few years for them to retire. Hopefully a new generation on MMA judges will come through, not boxing-to mma judges.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Like Ricardo Almeida. If educated judges prove to be unbiased then I'm all for more ex fighters becoming judges.

Agree with more 10-10 rounds. A split decision win to me is a draw. They obviously didn't 'win' so to speak.

The clear definitions of what would be a 10-10, 10-9, 10-8 & 10-7 they sent out a while ago should have sorted the judging problem perfectly....if the judges listened to it and didn't carry on judging the way they always did only ever giving out 10-9s with a 10-8 once in a blue moon.

Official Rankings!

Not sure if doable.

Instead they could put fighters into categories :

Challengers (less than 5 fights in the UFC)
Prospects (3 or 4 wins in a row)
Contenders (you need to beat a prospect or a contender to become one)
Veterans (everyone else)
Champions

I want them to get rid of elbows. Too much damage, too many cuts, too many injuries.

I would also love it if UFC got rid of the ultra violent freakshow attitude. Treat it like a serious sport and take better care of the fighters (I don't mean just monetary care, I mean health care, pension, work security, things like this). This is the way to attract talent away from other major sports.

Knees to the head of a grounded opponent - even though most say this will stop wrestlers from winning by LnP since it will make them pay for a bad takedown attempt, it will actually make the wrestler haters hate wrestlers even more . . .

colemanknees.gif

Back