What are some improvements the UFC can make

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Obviously the UFC does a lot of great things, but what are some things they could improve on or even add?

Obv one thing would be the fight day weight on tale of the tape. I also think some of there introductions to fights could be a little more in depth before the fight. Just like a little intro on the monitor, i know for big events they do it but i liked how they did it on fox 5. They seem to be heading in a good direction, could be nit picky but i like pre fight hype footage before the fight. Just makes it more intense lol

I would think have a back up fighters for any of the main event fights, so they wont come in short notice.

Fighter weight on fight day.

Better intros for the fights. Main events need to be unique in some way, a short intro on the big screen or some kind of light show with lasers. Not necessarily Pride style but just a bit more oomph.

Stop hyping every fighter the same way and give the viewer an honest perspective on how good the said fighter is compared to the rest. "The most dangerous fighters in the most stacked division etc". If they are going to get a growing fan base people are going to start noticing.

Obviously the UFC does a lot of great things, but what are some things they could improve on or even add?

Obv one thing would be the fight day weight on tale of the tape. I also think some of there introductions to fights could be a little more in depth before the fight. Just like a little intro on the monitor, i know for big events they do it but i liked how they did it on fox 5. They seem to be heading in a good direction, could be nit picky but i like pre fight hype footage before the fight. Just makes it more intense lol

Sprayed my drink all over the screen!

obviously he is refering to things UFC can do. athletic comissions would be the ones changing the rules and that will never happen, unified rules are here to stay.

I'd like to see them expand the Heavyweight division. Bring back Sylvia, Arlovski, Barnett, even Monson. Try to get Sergei too.

Also, stop the bullshit when it comes to title shot. A decent rule would be that you must actually be coming off of a win to get a title shot. If the're going to make bullshit matches like GSP/Diaz or Jones/Sonnen they could at least be honest about their motives ($$$) instead of trying to insist they're legitimate fights to make.

Idk I liked watching ufc better when UFC and wec were separate. I really like all the smaller weight classes but I feel like it be better to have women and 145 and down have its own thing again. That way people would complain less about water down cards. Also get rid of tuf and just have something like more fight nights with your unknowns and fighters who are working back up into the top rankings. That way they can build a fan base without needing the hype cause you see them grow as a fighter.

Weight-ins on fight day.
Clarify first contender status - announce in advance that a fight is for the first contender spot and give winner his shot.
Find judges that would actually score 10-10 and 10-8.

Sprayed my drink all over the screen!

So you don't think UFC does anything good? Why do you watch it then?

I'd like to see them expand the Heavyweight division. Bring back Sylvia, Arlovski, Barnett, even Monson. Try to get Sergei too.

Also, stop the bullshit when it comes to title shot. A decent rule would be that you must actually be coming off of a win to get a title shot. If the're going to make bullshit matches like GSP/Diaz or Jones/Sonnen they could at least be honest about their motives ($$$) instead of trying to insist they're legitimate fights to make.

Do you not remember how dull some Tim Sylvia fights were in the UFC? He was hated as a champion, yet now people want to see him back - why?

I'd like the UFC to have a third commentator, with the extra person being someone who has competed in MMA. I used to like the days when Randy would join Rogan and Goldberg,

Back