What are Cain's possible weaknesses that can be exploited

I would say strength. There are a lot of guys who are much stronger than him. Cormier for one is stronger and can match his wrestling.

How good is Cain off of his back. Wrestlers are traditionally very uncomfortable off of their backs. Werdum could be a nightmare for him.

His standup is just ok. He moves like a robot. Luckily for Cain, most of the elite strikers in the division can be taken down.

Cormier stronger than Cain...? Not so sure about that.

his sub defense might get tested against a better grappler like Werdum, we shall see...hope to see that bout

Chin and cardio. he keeps pace in the first three. He gassed against JDS. Lucky for him JDS already lost his soul.

Chin and cardio. he keeps pace in the first three. He gassed against JDS. Lucky for him JDS already lost his soul.

He had 33 take down attempts, not the sign of bad cardio, certainly not for a 240 pound guy.

Lol fucking Pingu, i used to love that show.

OT. his aggressiveness. he shot some serious telegraphed takedowns as well as completely flopping down on some.

his stand-up is still a weakness. if he fights Overeem it will be exposed

Not really a weakness but someone with a great TDD like JDS should have taken advantage of Cain missing the takedown (falling on all fours and even on his belly) and should have held him on the ground and rained fists on him. So many opportunities that happened in the fight but I suppose JDS really preferred to stand. Hope he takes advantage of this on their next fight.

People say Cain has a weak chin but that guy recovered from the many times Kongo bashed his face. Overeem would be the one with the weak chin, the guy caves immediately if he gets tagged with a strong punch. Give Cain his due, he doesn't have a weak chin.

Cain's chin is still not great. His recovery, however, is. He is similar to Nick Diaz in that respect. People confuse them both for having good chins, but they get rocked plenty easily. The difference is their cardio is so good that they recover extremely fast.

The key to beating Cain is connecting and continuing pressure when he's rocked (obv easier said than done). His ground game is an unknown but it's hard to count as a weakness. I think Junior still has the tools to beat Cain but he was out of that fight as soon as Cain connected with that right hand.

Overeem would be a potentially bad matchup for Cain for 3 rounds. If Cain manages to keep going though Reem would gass quickly. We saw that in the Werdum fight and Werdum wasn't even threatening with strong takedowns.

Cormier stronger than Cain...? Not so sure about that.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he's stronger if you've seen him fight. I actually don't think Cain is that physically imposing but he doesn't give up TD attempts.

And Cain popped up and took his back. But real NCAA division 1 champ Brock could not hold Cain down either.

If you watch closely Brock was trying to step over into a better position rather than hold Cain down. If someone tries to hold Cain down it might go differently.

Although Cain Velasquez has knockout power in his hands, his stand up game can still use some work because he has been hurt in the past when hit by really great stand up fighters such as Cheick Kongo and JDS in their first fight.

Back