What are Cain's possible weaknesses that can be exploited

I think JDS should have tested Cain's guard/scrambling ability. When Cain's first couple takedowns were stuffed, JDS just let him get up instead of trying to force Cain to go into guard. That said, I think Cain is probably very good at scrambling from that position, but that is something that other fighters should look to test when fighting him

Definetly saw some opportunities to beat Cain up in the scramble for Jds. I know its easy to armchair qb but it was way frustrating seeing him not attempt it

striking defense, predictable head movement - not much

His striking defense is his biggest weakness. JDS already stopped him with strikes once so I don't see how their is a question if it can be done. I did think his head movement was a little better.

Striking defense is suspect, no one knows what his guard is like.

His striking defense is his biggest weakness. JDS already stopped him with strikes once so I don't see how their is a question if it can be done. I did think his head movement was a little better.

i was wondering when cain would fall down - he was owning junior but junior was also landing - cain took them well but who knows, next time there is lots of room for improvement there

I wonder if Allistart could get him with a knee of some kind in some position.

His chin is weak. He is susceptible to a knee or guillotine choke when he shots for a take down. If he fights AO those things will be tested.

His GNP reminds me of recent Fedor. Hyper-aggressive, but looks open to subs/loss of position.
I would be fascinated to see him against Werdum. Barnett would be interesting too.

Cain's weakness is that he is that when he rushes in for takedowns he leaves himself wide open for a knee. And I know one guy who is just waiting to capitalize on it...

Alistair-Overeem.jpg

JDS might have had some success had he thrown a few punches..

Someone with TDD who punishes his oppenent for shooting in (Doesnt just turn around and walk away). Stand up can be good to great stand up and a good chin (Not Great).

There's a pretty easy opening for Werdum to exploit.

I would say strength. There are a lot of guys who are much stronger than him. Cormier for one is stronger and can match his wrestling.

How good is Cain off of his back. Wrestlers are traditionally very uncomfortable off of their backs. Werdum could be a nightmare for him.

His standup is just ok. He moves like a robot. Luckily for Cain, most of the elite strikers in the division can be taken down.

This is a REALLY good point that rarely anyone talks about.

Regarding Cain's TDD, it seems that it isn't as good as his TD offense, but Cain's opponents are busy worrying about defending Cain's TD attempts and don't think about taking him down.

Here is NCAA Division1 Kongo taking Cain down:

161ayba.gif

And Cain popped up and took his back. But real NCAA division 1 champ Brock could not hold Cain down either.

Back