• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What am I missing? - Jones' Asking Price

The UFC doesn't get the full gate and PPV numbers in its pockets, they have to pay the venue, the PPV providers, the staff, etc.

Oh, I see. Though this 55 million was total, not just the UFC cut. Makes sense.

What you're missing is all fighters are grossly underpaid. He's looking to be FAIRLY compensated. Yes, even top draws are severely underpaid.

100% agree fighters should (must) be paid better.

JJ?
If performance and skills where the only factor he should be the highest earner no doubt.
Unfortunately there are other things to factor in: he cost the company a bunch of money and face (they still made money off of him, no doubt).
The reason he isn't paid more is because he messed up way to many times.

He should fight out his contract and start fresh somewhere else really.
His legacy is unquestionable. He already did it all. Nothing to prove anymore.
On the other side other promotions wouldn't have any arguments to low-ball him

Jones is trying to price himself out of the fight IMO.

This. It’s becoming almost blatantly obvious at the moment. It’s crazy how Jones can manipulate so many people into believing he wants this fight. He’a coming off two close fights in his own division and now he’s going to move up and take on a more dangerous opponent? Riiiiiight.

Can you point me to which PPVs the UFC ever lost money on? Because a million buy PPV generates $50 to $75 million for the UFC. There is more than enough space in there for huge purses and UFC profit.

Two things.

1. How can you calculate profit when you don't know costs?
2. Fuck Jon Jones.

Two things.

1. How can you calculate profit when you don't know costs?
2. Fuck Jon Jones.
1. Because we know the costs for UFC 200, which is likely the most expensive PPV the UFC has ever put on in terms of fighter pay and production costs.
2. I don't like Jones but he's less vile than Dana White and the execs at WME/UFC

Back