What age do you think you'll die at? Are you scared?

I've always had this inkling that I was never intended to 'grow old' per se. As a single man with absolutely no intention of having kids, I do not want to be an old age pensioner. Once I outlive my parents, I genuinely couldn't care less if I dropped dead seconds after the last of them to go. I reckon I won't see 65, personally, and I'm totally fine with that.

High risk of breast and pancreatic cancer due to a stupid weird gene I tested positive for, but yeah I'm scared. I'm scared for my other half not me. Once I'm gone I'm gone. That suffering ends then, for a spouse it doesn't.

When you die you won't know it... so don't worry about it. And there isn't heaven or hell....so live it up.

Nobody knows when their last day is coming. I got shook to my core when I got my initial cancer diagnosis, you think differently when you’re handed your expiration date.
<{1-7}>
Have you had the all clear since? I have my next test next month but my last one was clear, finished my radilology a year ago on Nov 5th.

Yeah, you get a sense of your own mortality when the big C hits you. I just kept saying how sorry I was to husband because he'd be the one living with it if I checked out.

i think i'll be happy with 70. still young enough to move and be mobile, but i'm deathly afraid of being a burden to someone else and lingering for 10-15 years. if quality of life isn't good then i'll be ready to go.

Hard to say, anything can happen in life. Especially something so unexpected. So I have no idea when I'll die it could be in a few months or from decades from now. All I know is that you start dying the day you were born.

I don't think i'll live to be over 70. Maybe if I have kids or fall in love (I doubt both but you never know), I will be afraid of dying and leaving them alone. Or I'll just want to watch them grow and be able to offer advice. I'm not afraid of dying, but I hope that I won't feel like I didn't do everything I can as a living person before I do

I have zero fear of death. Not meaning I don't fear death. Meaning, I have zero belief that I am going to die any time soon. As Hellraiser would say, it would be a waste of goof suffering. I think by the time I hit 60 if I make it that far I would be looking to die. But at my age right now I am doing pretty pretty good. Of course I am on a diet of steady chinese and korean girls right now so all is good with the wicked fucking world

My parents are still around in their 70s so I imagine I'll make it that far.

I'm more worried about aging badly than dying. I don't want to have too many struggle-to-piss years, or to have my kids remember me for the years they had to change my diapers. I'll take death over that. I would like to stick around long enough to shore up my family financially.

I assume 70..

I've done what i can, if i die tomorrow i've payed my debts.. no point in fearing the inevitable.. i hope to live but the day i can't lay down my life for a cause i'm probably not living right..

i'll hit triple-digits, for sure. i'm pretty damn healthy, aside from drinking alcohol. i think the biggest killers in life are bad diets, stress, and not enjoying life. if you're not in good spirits, it will affect your physical health. i even think studies have shown this. eat right and be happy. that's the key i think.

Everyone thinks there going to die young when their young.

i think i'll be happy with 70. still young enough to move and be mobile, but i'm deathly afraid of being a burden to someone else and lingering for 10-15 years. if quality of life isn't good then i'll be ready to go.

To be fair my grandfather just turned 100 and its literally only in the last 5 years or so he really lost alot of mobility and still hasnt lost anything mentally.

Bout three fiddy, spinal

in all seriousness, my family history indicates around 75 years old. But if I add in my health regiment and diet I believe I will live to 80-85 maybe. Cant wait! Also, have you seen old people? Who wants to be like that, all stiff and stuff

Judging by family history, either 85 or 45.

Scared? Kind of. Yeah. Scared of being scared. I get anxiety thinking that my last moments could be undignified (shitting myself mid-heart attack in a pool) or regretful ("My life was meaningless!")

You keep getting anxiety about it and you might foreordain the 45. You can only focus on the things you can control.

As Hamlet, the troubled prince of Denmark noted: "Not a whit. We defy augury. There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all. Since no man of aught he leaves knows, what is ’t to leave betimes? Let be."

Basically: Just give'er and live your life.

All the males on my dad's side get Parkinsons around 70 so I hope I die before that happens

I wanna die now. I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do, now I'm just killing time until I die. Looking for shit to do.

I haven't done everything I wanted to do but I can't do much anymore.

I never expected to make it to 30 and I tried pretty hard to end things early. I took way too many chances but somehow survived.

As the old saying goes, if I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

i think i'll be happy with 70. still young enough to move and be mobile, but i'm deathly afraid of being a burden
The months I spent with my mum and step dad, she was the worst type of incontinent so he had to deal with that, I start gagging if I even see someone throwin up on TV so while I looked after them with cooking, cleaning and getting medical staff to get their arses into gear I couldn't be any help there at all. She wouldn't have wanted that at all. Soon as it was happening I used to just go for a cigarette and let him clean up.

I'd rather go before any of that sets in. I'm sure L would do it for you and I know he'd do it for me, but I really would rather not.

Back