What age do you think you'll die at? Are you scared?

I don't know. I intend to stay physically active until I can't anymore. My family's longevity is hit or miss, but they also don't work out in spite of genetic hypertension and history of stroke.

Do I fear death?

No one wants to die (besides people who want to end a life of extreme suffering). I don't really like to stress over what is not in my control but I must admit it's uncomfortable to think about.

Sleeping for eternity. Everything going black. :(

I don't know. I intend to stay physically active until I can't anymore. My family's longevity is hit or miss, but they also don't work out in spite of genetic hypertension and history of stroke.

Do I fear death?

No one wants to die (besides people who want to end a life of extreme suffering). I don't really like to stress over what is not in my control but I must admit it's uncomfortable to think about.

Sleeping for eternity. Everything going black. :(
Nothing goes black, because black won’t exist either. At least I imagine it so.

Nothing goes black, because black won’t exist either. At least I imagine it so.

I'm imagining it's like sleep. Your eyes close and it turns black before you fade out of consciousness, except permanently.

At least they usually say sight is the first sense to go, I believe.

I'm imagining it's like sleep. Your eyes close and it turns black before you fade out of consciousness, except permanently.

At least they usually say sight is the first sense to go, I believe.
I won’t act like I know for sure, because nobody does, but, I cannot imagine it is anything like existence at all. Just complete lack of existence. No “sensing” anything.

Great topic.
I am 68 and spent the last yr and half solo wilderness camping/exploring on remote public lands. Got a rugged ass 4x4 truck camper that I built, not bought. I am slowly down some with mobility, usual stuff, but I am still finding beauty in everyday as I look to stay outside my comfort zone enough to feel alive. When that stops I'll take that last trip.
My egoic mind fears it's end however that's not a major factor since I accepted that we ALL die.
No regrets
Both sides of family live to about 85-90 so the longevity genes are smiling on me.

Due to genetics and prior health history, probably colon cancer. If I make it last 70 it'll be a victory for me

Family history would indicate in my 80s but it also indicates the dementia will set in first.

Probably have maybe 5 more years left. Not trying to joke either. No, I'm not afraid a death anymore like when I was a kid.

ive always been generally healthy, just on the heavy side

my Dad is nearing 80, i always assumed i'd do the same

Honestly, I feel like death might be a welcome release for most of us when we see what the world is gonna be like in 2 or 3 more decades. Of course I could be completely wrong and we will have solved many of the problems plaguing humanity right now and life will be great. I would rather that be the case, but I am doubtful.

Honestly, I feel like death might be a welcome release for most of us when we see what the world is gonna be like in 2 or 3 more decades. Of course I could be completely wrong and we will have solved many of the problems plaguing humanity right now and life will be great. I would rather that be the case, but I am doubtful.
The world being strange and unrecognizable doesn’t mean worse. It’s the best time to be alive on this planet, for the most part. Violence, plagues, food shortages. All down. It’s just a weird place compared to 100 years ago, and that scares a lot of people.

Nobody knows when their last day is coming. I got shook to my core when I got my initial cancer diagnosis, you think differently when you’re handed your expiration date.

No idea when I'll die. Don't really think or care about it.

As far as fear goes, I'd like to live long enough for my kids to be able to support themselves. Leaving my family without an income is the only death-related worry that I have.

The world being strange and unrecognizable doesn’t mean worse. It’s the best time to be alive on this planet, for the most part. Violence, plagues, food shortages. All down. It’s just a weird place compared to 100 years ago, and that scares a lot of people.
We really do have a lot to be happy about right now, I agree. I feel like your hold on the status quo is tenuous, however and things are going to slide. That is just my opinion and I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I wanna die now. I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do, now I'm just killing time until I die. Looking for shit to do.

We really do have a lot to be happy about right now, I agree. I feel like your hold on the status quo is tenuous, however and things are going to slide. That is just my opinion and I would be happy to be proven wrong.
For sure. Very tenuous indeed. Though I would say it’s always been that way. Ebb and flow of life in general. We wouldn’t know how tell the good from the bad if it were any other way.

Hopefully you’re wrong, but who knows?

Last edited:
Back