What age do you think you'll die at? Are you scared?

Dunno, not too worried about it, just wanna be able minded and bodied as long as possible, don't wanna deteriorate and fade out

I won’t act like I know for sure, because nobody does, but, I cannot imagine it is anything like existence at all. Just complete lack of existence. No “sensing” anything.

I’d imagine it’s just like how it was before you were alive. All of time happened before you but you have no knowledge of that and the empty blackness you were even in before your existence.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "Men die at age 25, they just get buried at 70."

At that point adulthood settles in ,childhood dreams are gone and you are just another wageslave lol

Charles bukowski said same thing btw

My grandfather died at 70.
My grandmother died around the same age.
My dad died at 73.

My grandfather died at 83.
My grandmother died at 90.
My mom is still alive and very healthy at 68.

I'm 37 and still feel like I'm in my early 20s.

As long as I watch what I eat, drink, and my weight I figure I'll die around my early 80s.

I won't make it out of my 60s. I'm not scared. But It makes me sad mostly to know there is a lot of stuff I will never get to see or do with my kids. Unfortnately I have a lot of cancer on both sides of my family and I nearly drank myself to death a few times. There is no way my liver, pancreas, and kidneys can make it until I'm 80 :( - Well this is a depressing thread!

i figure around 80, despite my bad habits. i do have low stress, get good sleep, not fat, and have a full head of hair, so those should help counteract some of my vices.

way to many drugs early in life. way to many chemicals exposed, from going to war to getting dosed with radiation in japan when the reactor overheated from the earthquake. had nose bleeds the first 15 minutes of being on site. ill be lucky to live past 70.

Authorizations have been a major obstacle for my next appointment. Did my blood, CT scan, I see my surgeon Thursday. October 4th was my two year anniversary of my operation. I’ve been all clear to this point, I’ll know for sure Thursday. I do this every 6 months for another three years. thanks for asking, it’s the scariest ride I’ve been on. You’re right, the “C” is a real “B”.
Good luck. I'm dreading mine, I have to get so much paperwork to transfer to a new provider. I was in there so often there's a shedload of it. I have a couple of benign lumps which have been there years but it always get flagged up even though they're fine.
My mum was dying of brain cancer when I was diagnosed so as scared as I was I had so much on my plate it didn't hit me as hard as if she was healthy. It didn't feel like it was happening really. And I was more worried about the anesthetic than all the biopsies and surgery. That I would have an allergic reaction and not wake up. And because I was an ex smoker they had to put one of those tubes down my throat which I was scared about too. But not the pain of the actual surgery.
How long did it take to heal up? Mine wasn't terrible, I just couldn't lift anything for a while and while it did hurt, it was bearable.

I just know that.
Knew that since I was a teen.

I'm interested in what happens after that.

Though I would be dead by 30. I'm 35 now, living on borrowed time (but so is the rest of the planet).

Maybe. Genetics can be an insurmountable wall though. It's why some people can smoke for 40 years and never get lung cancer.
Shit my grandfather smoked for 60 years. Lung cancer finally got him at 78.

Dude outlived the normal lifespan despite the smoking. He also was a heavy drinker for about 40 years.

My grandmother is 93 now and still alive. My dad has been a heavy smoker since he was 15 and an alcoholic since 20, and he's 73 right now.

I hope I got that side of the family's genetics because on my mom's side they weren't as good. She survived cancer in her 30's and died of a stroke in her 60's

i figure around 80, despite my bad habits. i do have low stress, get good sleep, not fat, and have a full head of hair, so those should help counteract some of my vices.
Yeah the full head of hair can add decades to your life.

It reduces suicide risk, it lowers stress, and it makes it more likely to find a partner, which helps improve your lifespan provided she's not crazy

Good luck. I'm dreading mine, I have to get so much paperwork to transfer to a new provider. I was in there so often there's a shedload of it. I have a couple of benign lumps which have been there years but it always get flagged up even though they're fine.
My mum was dying of brain cancer when I was diagnosed so as scared as I was I had so much on my plate it didn't hit me as hard as if she was healthy. It didn't feel like it was happening really. And I was more worried about the anesthetic than all the biopsies and surgery. That I would have an allergic reaction and not wake up. And because I was an ex smoker they had to put one of those tubes down my throat which I was scared about too. But not the pain of the actual surgery.
How long did it take to heal up? Mine wasn't terrible, I just couldn't lift anything for a while and while it did hurt, it was bearable.

Sorry to hear about your mum, luckily for me the initial diagnosis was wrong. It wasn't exactly pancreatic cancer it was a neuroendcryn tumor in my pancreas (same thing Steve Jobs from apple had). Still a big deal, the work up for the surgery was lengthy. Endoscopy, CT scans, blood work galore, all of that took a couple months. The incision on my abdomen had 30 staples but the real pain was internal. The "whipple surgery" is pretty invasive, they removed gal bladder, duodenum, bile duct, 1/3 of my pancreas and 1/4 of my stomach.

That's where the real pain was and took the longest to recover from, I lost a lot of weight to the point long time friends didn't recognize me (that's when you know it's bad). The surgery requires them to inflate the organs with gas while they're having their sewing circle in there. So the gas working it's way out of my system was painful, after one week I was released the problem was trying to eat to keep from losing anymore weight.

I knew I had to eat but the agony soon after was insane, sorry for going on too long (to the point) it took about 12 weeks before my system would tolerate solid food very well. After two years I've gained about 20 pounds back, I look healthier now and am back to doing most anything I could do before.
Cheers

Back