What 3 things would you Change about the UFC?

If you we're able to change 3 things about the UFC. What would you change and why. What do you think would truly make a better product than what they are making now. Also it can be whatever you want. Use your imagination. More ring girls, less. No ring girls. More fighter pay, no fighter pay. Get Rid of Dana, more cross promotion. The skies the limit.

1. I would allow knee's and head kicks to a downed opponent.

2. Bring back tournaments or mini tournaments and then Title fights.

3. More stacked ppvs and less of them a year.

Who knows, would be dumb. So many injuries and replacements but more fireworks.
- I would raise share of profit to all fighters.

- Better (stacked) PPV cards, which would be just a few times per year. Tourneys would be added as well. All other events would be on Open TV (so we get more fans)

- No more undeserving title shot (unless it is a last minute emergency like AI (against Khabib) or Bisping (against Luke), but mandatory rematch if replacement wins (after all, the champ takes a big risk fighting the undeserving opponent, so I think it is fair).

Top 3 changes ...

1) match making is ranking based first then best possible match up money wise , so championship fights are offered to the top 5 contenders first in order and for whatever reason there unavailable ( pay issues) or cant make the fight then best possible match up money wise can be considered outside or within top 5..for regular non title fights again...ranking would take precedent and once a fighters is in the top 10 of their division mandatory fights will be introduced meaning every 2 or so fights they will have mandatory fights offered against other ranked fighters in the top 10 or 15 meaning for every 2 or so fight contracts that are offered 1 will be a mandatory fight against a ranked opponent...no more ducking or leap frogging..failing to accept will lower your rank, injuries or cancellations will not unless the fight is not rescheduled immediately.

2) bring back individual sponsors for fighters...lets get some character back to the fight wear and more money for the fighters...the venom deal can stay in place but each fighter can have up to set number (TBD maybe 5) of their own sponsors on their fight kits...

3) lastly a new weight cutting protocol , a dual weigh in system that works as follows ..

Initial weigh in as normal
Instead of ceremonial weigh in being done hours later there will be a second weigh in event day of the fights 3 hours before the fight card begins( to allow for potential changes/shuffles) in which no fighter can be over 10lbs of their previous weigh in amount , including HW if you weighed in at 260lbs -265lbs.

Examples

Francis Ngannou - initial weigh in 264 lbs , Day of weigh in - can not exceed 274lbs

Khabib - initial weigh in 155lbs , day of weigh in - Can not exceed 165lbs

Kevin lee - initial weigh in 171 lbs day of - Can not exceed 181lbs

Etc

Missing either weight in results in fines starting at 50% and the opponent has the choice not to fight and if they made weight themselves they will receive there own fight base pay if it is cancelled as payment for making weight...more then 3 misses in a 12 month or overall in one division and you will automatically be moved up to the next division...making weight is part of a fighters job in fact you could argue getting thru camp and showing up to fight week ready and on weight is half the job for fighters so the 50% fine makes sense if they dont make it as they've failed half their expected work requirements.In the event a fight goes on with a missed weight fighter, and the missed weight fighter wins they can not be awarded a title or bonuses of any kind performance based or win bonus as they did not make weight,winning alone will be their reward as it will still progress their career moving forward anyways and hopefully will encourage them to make weight next time.

Thats all i got
If they were able to enforce these. The true talents would be at the top and at a proper weigh class.

They hardly even do blood tests with USADA, so I don't know if they would consistently test every single fighter every event for this. It would also cost a lot more. But tracking weight in advance also has it's problems, I admit.

But you could do anything for the sake of it being a fanatasy scenario. But just being realistic, low cost measures will probably be adopted quicker.
It doesn't cost much. It's a very simple test.

- I would raise share of profit to all fighters.

- Better (stacked) PPV cards, which would be just a few times per year. The rest of events would be on Open TV (so we get more fans).

- No more undeserving title shot (unless it is a last minute emergency like AI (against Khabib) or Bisping (against Luke), but mandatory rematch if replacement wins (after all, the champ takes a big risk fighting the undeserving opponent, so I think it is fair).
I like that everyone is down to have fighters making more but having to earn their shots as well. Bmf belts and so many interm belts are ad nauseam. Better stacked cards are a must. Not to knock the last few cards. They were pretty action packed.

1 do something, anything to address the horrible judging and refereeing
2 do something, anything to address the horrible judging and refereeing
3 do something, anything to address the horrible judging and refereeing

It doesn't cost much. It's a very simple test.

And I take it it's better than the urine test they use at One?

Guess it's harder to fake as they can just draw your blood and no Mike Tyson fake penises can be used.

And I take it it's better than the urine test they use at One?

Guess it's harder to fake as they can just draw your blood and no Mike Tyson fake penises can be used.
yes it's impossible to cheat on. Even ignoring the absurdity of a fake penis with the urine test you can claim you can't urinate and then drink a ton of water or even worse sneak in an IV. If you take blood at the same time as you weigh in it's impossible to cheat.

yes it's impossible to cheat on. Even ignoring the absurdity of a fake penis with the urine test you can claim you can't urinate and then drink a ton of water or even worse sneak in an IV. If you take blood at the same time as you weigh in it's impossible to cheat.

So why do you think One doesm't use them?

id electrify the walls and ground of the cage as well as the audience seats. You wanna stall against the wall or kill the clock with lay and pray? -the cage's electricity will intensify to almost taser level intensity to keep the action going. The audience as well just because.

So why do you think One doesm't use them?
I don't know. I've asked the same question many times, blood osmolarity is way more accurate than urine osmolarity. There is no argument against blood osmolarity being more accurate and it's not expensive; but they don't use it for undisclosed reasons.

I like that everyone is down to have fighters making more but having to earn their shots as well. Bmf belts and so many interm belts are ad nauseam. Better stacked cards are a must. Not to knock the last few cards. They were pretty action packed.
I agree with you.
But imagine cards like these being free, and the ones who are paid, have multiple belts, multiple high ranked opponents and/or a tourney!
I think this could be even better!

Weight classes
Mens
125,135,145,155,165,175,185,195,205,225+
Womens
105,115,125,135,145+

Knees to grounded opponents head if not turtled. I.e Aljo knee is legal, but if both your elbows and knees are on the ground you can't. Standing over someone landing ground and pound whilst they turtle should be considered for a fast TKO unless they are moving.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^All of this

get rid of Joe Organ i mean Rogan

don’t start fights with the camera miles away from the cage.

have tournaments

1) PRIDE Rules + elbows (including 12-6 elbows) - Meaning knees to a downed opponent, foot stomps, soccer kicks, etc.

2) No more early stoppages. Refs will get severely punished for stopping a fight early. Let it go until the guy is either 100% out or willingly quits. Accountability is the name of the game for refs.

3) Entrances are more like PRIDE. Each fighter has a unique entrance video, theme music, long stage, pyro, etc. Make it super epic, like PRIDE. UFC is too fucking bland.

1. No more twitter pop ups during match. I'm not a 9 year old girl dummf*****
  2. Replace cage with transparent aluminum
  3. 50/50 pay split between fighters/company

2. First Foul is a 10% fine. Second Foul is a point deduction. Third Foul is a DQ Loss. NO exceptions

First foul would be a valid and often used tactic? Kick someone as hard as possible and intentionally in the nuts, or purposely eye poke them for only a 10% cut? Everyone would/should do it, from a pure strategic standpoint.

1. Cut roster in half, or more.

2. Stay away from ESPN etc, MMA is a trash sport and should be on trash channels or PPV only.

3. Get rid of below men’s 145 and only keep women’s 135, potentially Schevchenko’s weight class that I don’t remember. And don’t stack cards with WMMA fights, 1 max 2 on the main card if it’s a title fight or barn burner is enough.

My biggest problem overall is the over saturation of events which is a result of the terrible TV deals that have forced them to have a severely bloated roster to give us trash cards weekly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back